• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bulldog Brawl IV (feat. Reflex, Player-1, DRN, and BBQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
The Gamers' Association of UGA proudly presents:

:::::::::::::::

A Smash tournament for Brawl, Melee, and Project:M.

Date: Oct 13, 2012

Where: Presbyterian Student Center @ UGA
1250 S. Lumpkins St.
Athens, GA 30606

When: Warm-ups / Friendlies / Set-up begins at 12:00 PM
Doubles: 2:00PM
Singles begin after doubles
Project:M will take places throughout
Times subject to change.

Entry Fee:
Singles - $10
Teams - $10/team ($5/person)
Project M - $5

Winnings:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Bring $ for food and drinks!

Transporation note: Megabus travels from Atlanta to Athens! Megabus travels to Atlanta from various locations in Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Florida. If you can get to Athens, we can find a way to get you to the tournament!

------

We need Setups! A set-up includes TV + Wii/GC + Brawl/Melee. If your setup gets used your meal is on us! (NO HDTVs as it causes lag.)

Setups:
Brawl: 7/8
  • Kaptain - 1
  • FourTy - 1
  • Reflex - 1
  • LeRon Bell - 2
  • Player-1 - 1
  • DRN - 1
Melee: 6/4
  • Kaptain - 1
  • Jockmaster - 1
  • leith - 1
  • ronaroni - 3
P:M 4/4

• Lawrenceville Crew - 3
  • Dark knuckles - 1
------

Brawl Ruleset and Stage List:

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Items are set to None and Off
  • Metaknight is BANNED
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
    • Wavebirds are allowed but discouraged, as there can be unwanted interference with controllers being on the same channel.
    • If you are using a WiiMote, a WiiMote w/ Nun chuck, or Classic Controller, please remove your batteries when you are not playing a match. This helps battery life and helps prevent interuptions.
  • Stalling is banned.
    • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.
    • Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.
    • Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.
  • Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
  • There will be no hacks used in this tournament, be it sound or texture.
  • Ledge grab limit is set to 40.
    • Ledge grab limit is only enforced when the match ends due to timeouts.

Set Format:
  1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.

**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Extra doubles rules:
Port order will be 1221.
Life sharing IS allowed.
Team attack is set to ON.
You must come up with a super cool team name and team pose. Also, your socks must match your teammate's socks.

All rules not covered here will default to the final version of Unity.

Stage Starter List:
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Island
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Final Destination
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Halbard

Counter Picks:
  • All Starters
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Pictochat (Doubles Only)
  • Pirate Ship (Doubles Only)

Melee Ruleset and Stage List:

• 4 Stock, 8 minute time limit
  • Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.
  • The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.
  • Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
  • WOBBLING IS BANNED
  • After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)
  • After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
  • Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64
  • Stages banned: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mute City and Green Greens.
  • Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

*STAGE LIST IS BEING ADJUSTED, PLEASE WAIT TILL FINAL LIST*

Project M Ruleset and Stagelist:

All rules not listed default to Brawl ruleset:
  • 4 stock
  • 8 minutes
  • Metaknight IS ALLOWED

Neutrals:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee)

Counter Picks:
  • Dracula's Castle
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Dream Land 64
  • Fountain Of Dreams
  • Rumble Falls
  • Wario Ware
  • Green Hill Zone (Singles only)
  • SSE: Jungle (Doubles only)

1. Stage Strike from neutrals 1-2-1 using Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes first.
  2. Winner of gets 3 stage bans for the rest of the set.
  3. Loser picks a stage from the stages remaining.

Attendance:
Kaptain
Jockmaster
TheReflexWonder
Dynomite
aml529
MikeG
FourTy
HeroChima
Player-1
DRN
BBQ
Graysongman
&orz
Leith
Dark Knuckles
Nova9
Karin
TheKmanOfSmash
AuraStUrm
FlowinWater
SmashGuy
ronaroni
McPP
BigLou

Transportation and Housing:
Housing:
Reflex (his car) - Shannon
TheKmanOfSmash - Kaptain
AuraStUrm - Kaptain
FlowinWater - Kaptain
SmashGuy - Kaptain
Nova 9 - Kaptain

Need rides:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
You will see me here. This ruleset is awesome!!!! And I don't have marching band stuff on this date. I can't wait, this will probably be my only tournament before WABA.

I will need a ride to this.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
No, on the TO group, I kept accidentally saying the 26th, and Nick kept correcting me to the 27th. I would say "Why do I keep saying the 26th?" The events page on the ASL website is correct. I didn't realize the ASL thread said the 26th, but it's wrong. Either way, I doubt anyone is going to go to Huntsville then to Athens the next day.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, there's not a lot I can do about it. I scheduled it during ChargerCon, and it's going to hamper a lot more people if I move it to Friday or Sunday than if I leave it where it is. I'm sorry for the confusion, but I've had this date set for over a month.

EDIT: If it was another tournament like Smiths Station or even AUSOM, I would consider moving it because of the confusion, but HASL is a bit of a different story. We have a connection at UAH who has been helping us tremendously, and he really wants us to have HASL at their convention (ChargerCon). He and I have planned this for awhile, and although the date said the 26th, tournaments have always been on Saturdays, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise to many people that I meant the 27th. Moving it to Friday or Sunday would keep people from coming who either can't get in that early or need to get back to their respective towns within a reasonable amount of time before Monday. Long story short, I can't reschedule HASL.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
if this gets changed to like any other weekend in October I will be there...which I'm really hoping for since I can literally walk to the venue

edit: also put me down for housing, I can take like three people. Warning though: I will be going out that night and would prefer if those staying with me would want to as well ;)

edit: edit: also put me down for a melee/P:M setup

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Also, you might want to put Project: M in the games listed in the title, rather than just Brawl and Melee.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
It seems were having multiple issues with the date on different ends. ATM I'm going to see if I can push it back a week or 2. We will see.

DRN

Smash Lord
I'll be here as long as the date doesnt get changed to the same day as the Ohio tournament. Hyped for this!

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
My schedule is very sensitive. If you change it I probably can't go.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED!!!!!

We are now hosting Bulldog Brawl IV on October 13. Everything else is still the same. Ill be adding the different rules and whatnot and finalizing everything by this Wednesday. Hope to see everybody come to this!!!!

FourTy

Smash Cadet
assuming i can get a ride, this looks like fun XD also, PIRATE SHIP FOR DOUBLES!!! HYPE! (also, if i get a ride i can try to stream this, if you guys can get me to the internet XD) Also, i will have my own setup

Kaptain

Smash Ace
@ FourTy:
There is internet there but last time it wasn't strong enough to run a stream. Sorry. However we would love to get some recorded matches posted to like youtube or something.

Also, I've updated the page. Added a few names to attendance and setups and added the P:M ruleset. If I put up some wrong info (i.e. you are bringing a set or decided you just don't like me so you're not going to show,) then let me know.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Cool--I was worried about it, since I imagine Cam will be taking his set to Iron Brawl. Now we can get matches from both tournaments online.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't go anymore. Thanks a lot kaptain. Looks like I won't be able to support any smash events until waba. Knowing my luck I probably won't be able to go to that for some reason.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i might come to this with Pickle, Alex, and Yoshiiscool for Project M. Ill have to see how my funds are working at the time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom