• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BRSTM Factory! Request a Song!

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Username: Red(SP)
Song Name: Reptile Theme (Dubstep Mix)
Artist: Skrillex
Download Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8EYVhsq6F0
Guidelines: The song really doesn't have a looping point, imo.
When Do You Need it Completed By: ASAP.

Song Name: Intro
Artist: FreshGalaxy
Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vnrdkx

Song Name: Castlevania - Vampire Killer (King Kuula Dubstep Remix)
Artist: King Kuula
Download Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NT_OivoKa0

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Hate to be a bother, but my 3rd eye trance remix was deleted from Media Fire. Mind redoing it for me?

Also thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it! :D

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oh.
I didn't bother looking at the link and just assumed it was the original version. My bad.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Next batch of requests!
Illmatic, here's Etoh
MonkUnit, here's Streets of Fire
deathbysuarez, here's Battle for Everyone's Souls
Umineko no Naku Karo ni
Depster, here's I'm on a Boat (Instrumental)
M@v, here's Destiny Island Combat
Riku Battle
colonelmcdoogle, here's No Scared
Millionsandwiches, here's I Am The Doctor
Red(SP), here's Vampire Killer (Dubstep)
Intro
Reptile Theme
xIblisx, here's The Moon (Epic Remix)
Sazh-San, here's Main Menu Theme
BlueberrySyrup, here's 3rd eye trance remix

Sorry for delaying these so long, I just needed time and motivation to do them. Hope you're happy with the loops, though :cool:

lwares, I'll get on the multi-channel ones later, ok? I know you've been waiting a while too :(

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Well... at least, it will be worth the wait.

Thank you for the time being, anyway.
Ok...that whole guide is gone now. Completely, utterly gone. I'd love to do multi-channel ones for you, but it appears that the only way you can get them is the standard, two-channel variety. If you don't get back to me, I'll give them to you as standard, 2-channel BRSTM's this afternoon. Sorry for all the trouble, but your links have died off over the time you've been requesting these.

@Millionsandwiches, You're welcome :cool:

lwares

Smash Cadet
The person who originally created the tutorial deleted his posts from the Mario Kart Wii Forum.

The tutorial (including any links) which I copied from that forum is on Page 203, Post #3042

Edit: Download Links: Page 204, Post #3047
Specific Details on Request: Page 204, Post #3057

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hey Darksamus long time!! :) Got a new awesome song!
Username: Mekos
Song Name: Final Fantasy XIII-2 OST - Invisible Depths (Final Boss Theme)
Download Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKmZ7Uw76qI
Guidelines: Whole song
When Do You Need it Completed By: As soon as u can buddy :)

Username: Mekos
Song Name: FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 ▬ Archylte Steppe Theme
Download Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoTCuD4N4lw
Guidelines: Whole song
When Do You Need it Completed By: As soon as u can buddy :)

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Thank you very much for your time, darksamus77. Actually, I've been meaning to ask you something regarding your guide.

I don't exactly remember where but I found a guide you made showing a method you use to creating BRSTMs. I was actually going to ask f you could post more pictures in that guide as an example and when I tried to use Brawlbox, it kept making this weird high frequency sound instead of the music that should've converted. When I looked at your example, I came to notice that I did do something wrong, but it's kind of hard to tell what exactly that is without knowing for sure. If you have any free time, could you maybe assist me in that area?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Thank you very much for your time, darksamus77. Actually, I've been meaning to ask you something regarding your guide.

I don't exactly remember where but I found a guide you made showing a method you use to creating BRSTMs. I was actually going to ask f you could post more pictures in that guide as an example and when I tried to use Brawlbox, it kept making this weird high frequency sound instead of the music that should've converted. When I looked at your example, I came to notice that I did do something wrong, but it's kind of hard to tell what exactly that is without knowing for sure. If you have any free time, could you maybe assist me in that area?
You're welcome, it's no trouble taking a few minutes out of my day to do a BRSTM. I can certainly help you. Updating the BRSTM Tutorial is on my to-do list...as for the high frequency sound, you may not have exported the whole song as a wav. Edit->Select->All (Or Ctrl+A), then File->Export As WAV or Export Selection as WAV. That ought to fix your high frequency problem.

lwares, link me please. I'll do those for you this weekend.

Mekos, same goes for yours, although that will be much quicker since it's a standard one :laugh:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Mekos, same goes for yours, although that will be much quicker since it's a standard one :laugh:
Soneek already linked him to the page that has FFXIII-2's music on it, which includes the request that Mekos asked for.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Soneek already linked him to the page that has FFXIII-2's music on it, which includes the request that Mekos asked for.
Correction: it has one of his requests, not both. The Steppe theme is not on BCM, just the Final Boss theme :p

I'll probably work on requests later, just letting you guys know

Sazh-San

Smash Rookie
Thanks for uploading my request, Dark Samus!

I'm just wondering if you could add more bass to song so it doesn't sound so flat.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Next batch of requests!
Mekos, here's Archeylte Theme
Juushichi, here's Space Jam and Melee Menu Theme Mix Loved the mix, made a fantastic loop on this one too :cool:
Sir Combee, here's Spring Yard Zone Remix Already did this exact remix, actually :laugh:

NOTE: Please download these quickly, as my Mediafire account gets wiped out completely randomly every now and then. I didn't upload to BCM because I kept getting a random error message :urg:

Here's what you asked for:

Multi-Channel BSTRM Tutorial (Post #3042)

Download Links for Requests (Post #3047) & Specific Details of Requests (Post #3057)

Unfortunately, I don't know how to directly link to the exact posts. But... it's the best I can do in order to help you.

Question: This tutorial shows me to making these BRSTM's start-end loops (meaning the song won't continuously play, it'll fade out at the end and then start again). Do you want me to attempt to try to make them seamless (more difficult) or keep them start-end loops, like the guide says? I'd have to really be precise on sample measurements if you wanted them all seamless, and it would be 50X more work for me...just saying. Your call.

lwares

Smash Cadet
Question: This tutorial shows me to making these BRSTM's start-end loops (meaning the song won't continuously play, it'll fade out at the end and then start again). Do you want me to attempt to try to make them seamless (more difficult) or keep them start-end loops, like the guide says? I'd have to really be precise on sample measurements if you wanted them all seamless, and it would be 50X more work for me...just saying. Your call.
I think, it would be ridiculous having a song starting over again. So... in that case, would it be possible to have them seamless please?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I think, it would be ridiculous having a song starting over again. So... in that case, would it be possible to have them seamless please?

Seamless loops are my specialty. I'll see what I can do. I'll work on those and hopefully have links for you in a few hours. Check back here around 8:30. Sorry you've had to wait so long, I really don't have any good excuse other than this is something I've never attempted before.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Despite having to wait, that's perfectly understandable. :)

Anyway... I'll check back, sometime over the weekend and download them when they are available.

The wait...IS OVER!

Here's your songs! They all ought to be seamless loops, too :cool:
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle (Final Lap)
DK Pass
DK Pass (Final Lap)
Koopa Troopa Beach
Koopa Troopa Beach (Final Lap)
Banshee Boardwalk (Final Lap)
Waluigi Pinball (Final Lap)
Ribbon Road (Final Lap)
Mushroom Bridge & Mushroom City
Mushroom Bridge & Mushroom City (Final Lap)
Twinkle Circuit
Twinkle Circuit (Final Lap)

Sorry for your wait, but each one should be seamlessly looped, with the right number of channels. The Waluigi Pinball one is bad quality because the YT link was bad quality. Other than that, the songs should sound great. Anyways, hope you enjoy them, and thanks for giving me something new to try out! Mario Kart songs are pretty catchy, too :cool:

You're welcome, Mekos! Anytime!

lwares

Smash Cadet
The Waluigi Pinball one is bad quality because the YT link was bad quality.
Use this instead. I did actually provide alternative mp3 links to help you create better quality BRSTMs.

Although... thank you anyway. :)

Edit: Just to let you know, the following need redoing as they aren't like the originals as like played in-game:

Multi-Channel BRSTMs
Mario Kart 64 - Koopa Troopa Beach (Final Lap)
Mario Kart DS - DK Pass (Final Lap)

Standard BRSTMs
Mario Kart DS - Waluigi Pinball & Wario Stadium (Final Lap) (like you mentioned already, it's poor quality. :()

To understand what I'm on about, play the original courses for reference... (You were actually nearly quite spot on with your attempts, pitch-wise) Other than that, fantasic job on the multi-channel brstms. :)

Edit2: i actually managed to get vgmstream working properly through Winamp last night, just so i could listen to these. i couldn't get either of the tracks for DK Pass to play though, but they worked in-game though.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Use this instead. I did actually provide alternative mp3 links to help you create better quality BRSTMs.

Although... thank you anyway. :)

Edit: Just to let you know, the following need redoing as they aren't like the originals as like played in-game:

Multi-Channel BRSTMs
Mario Kart 64 - Koopa Troopa Beach (Final Lap)
Mario Kart DS - DK Pass (Final Lap)

Standard BRSTMs
Mario Kart DS - Waluigi Pinball & Wario Stadium (Final Lap) (like you mentioned already, it's poor quality. :()

To understand what I'm on about, play the original courses for reference... (You were actually nearly quite spot on with your attempts, pitch-wise) Other than that, fantasic job on the multi-channel brstms. :)

Edit2: i actually managed to get vgmstream working properly through Winamp last night, just so i could listen to these. i couldn't get either of the tracks for DK Pass to play though, but they worked in-game though.
So...what needs fixing (besides a better quality Waluigi Pinball, I missed that link when going back through your posts originally...) with Koopa Troopa Beach and DK Pass' Final Lap? Like the originals, as in...speed or pitch was off? I did catch that final lap songs were to be given a 5% speed increase, which I did for all final lap songs. The pitch was automatically done by Audacity, if that's the problem. If the loops are slightly off, that'll be the easiest fix. Which needs fixing: loops, pitch, or speed?

lwares

Smash Cadet
i would say, it's more speed than pitch. but i don't know, if the loops need looking at though. it depends what is best to make it like the original.

i just wish, there was a source available that could be used for the final lap tracks.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
i would say, it's more speed than pitch. but i don't know, if the loops need looking at though. it depends what is best to make it like the original.

i just wish, there was a source available that could be used for the final lap tracks.
I used the YT links you initially gave me for DK Pass and Koopa Troopa Beach's final lap. I'll do these now, links in a bit.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Are you using the youtube links for reference or for the actual re-edit?

Actual. Don't worry, they're good quality. I'm using the mp3 you gave me for Waluigi Pinball, and YT links for the other two. That way, the pitch and speed are already right and all I need to worry about is loop points. They'll be up later tonight (in a few hours, have to give my brother this for schoolwork >_<)

Top Bottom