• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
BitsbytesBoard :

Hey man. Just been reading your recent posts. Ive been organising tournaments within the UK for the last three years and am the most experienced hoster about. Just finished running a recent large UK tournament this weekend.

Anyway man, if you need any advice or help contact me by pm on here or msn with ceddon@hotmail.com. Basically, one thing id like to point out is that there is a lively UK smash scene in the UK. However, we aren't very large though we are very enthusiastic and numbers are steadily growing. Now, what htis means in relation to what your planning is that there won't be any players or not many that will turnup . . . . why?

1. Location, im not aware of many smashboards players in your locality. This is normal for most smash tournaments which leads to point 2.

2. Housing. Most smash tournaments provide housing for at least a night. This way it makes it more worthwhile travel and cost wise.

and therefore :

3. It'll be hard for you to get many people to your tournament as its not purely a smash tournament, therefore aint worth travelling to where you are just for the day. Just giving you the heads up.

Ed

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Don't really know if I'll be able to make it or not, walked out of my job yesterday so everything's a bit uncertain at the moment, hopefully I'll know what's going on soon.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Okay, I re-visited the idea of a UK smash players index. A lot of people seem to think it's a good idea. It'd be mostly for the newcomers. Somewhere where they can find out just about anything they want to know without having to ask a shedload of questions.

Remember, this site is a TEMPLATE!! So it'll look terrible. If anyone's decent at HTML and wants to help make it look good, ask. If you want adding to the site, PM me over smashboards with your details. If you want to completely customise your page. Send me the HTML code for your page via email: clgrules@hotmail.com

Post what you think about the idea, THE IDEA. Not the actual site itself.

Link for the site: http://www.freewebs.com/gbsmash/index.htm

That being said, I also took the liberty of updating the UK Smash rankings. I'll post the top 16 here:

UK Rankings (After 4 tournaments)

1. Capt. Zeppo: 44 points.
2. Fuzzyness: 33 points.
2. Jam5: 33 points.
4. Reacher: 27 points.
4. Kone: 27 points.
6. Mr. P: 21 points.
7. Ogre: 20 points.
8. Darvor: 15 points.
9. Spam a Lamb: 10 points.
9. Lord Rust: 10 points.
11. BigMan: 9 points.
12. DSD9: 8 points.
13. Monty: 7 points.
14. Grayfox: 6 points.
14: SoS: 6 points.
15. Twiggy: 5 points.
15. Frostbyte: 5 points.
15. GEEK: 5 points.

The full UK Rankings can be found here: http://www.freewebs.com/gbsmash/gbrankings.htm

Martiny2m

Smash Apprentice
reacher!!!!

you could of got more points if you made it to yeovil

so good that you're up there while missing a tourney

[edit]same to kone and whoever missed tourney/s

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
There are more than four smashers in the scene that have been to all four tournaments. However only four on the top 16 have placed at all four (I.E. Passed pools)

We still love you Spam <3

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
There are more than four smashers in the scene that have been to all four tournaments. However only four on the top 16 have placed at all four (I.E. Passed pools)

We still love you Spam <3
Bro, in the top 16 i can see 7 that have been to all 4 and placed in top 16. Zeppo, fuzzy, ogre, spam-a-three-legged-cat, rust, Big Man & Monty!

And no spam-a-potty, we dont love you! Infact, we hate your guts! Mango head!!!!

:yoshi: :mario:

Syntax Error

Smash Cadet
I've been to each of the 4 tournies so far as well, though I've not passed pools so I don't count :p

And spam....everyone loves spam, so what are you talking about? :)

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Zeppo: AR = 4th. Edmas = 3rd. TNJ = 3rd. Edster = 2nd.

Fuzzyness: AR = 5th. Edmas = 7th. TNJ = 7th. Edster = Kicked all our *****.

OGRE: AR = 9th. Edmas = 5th. TNJ = 5th. Edster = 9th.

Lord Rust: AR = 9th. Edmas = 9th. TNJ = 9th. Edster = 13th.

Spam-a-holic: AR = Did Not Place. Edmas = 9th. TNJ = 5th. Edster = Did Not Place.

Big Man: AR = 9th. Edmas = Did Not Place. TNJ = 9th. Edster = 9th

Monty: AR = Did Not Place. Edmas = 9th. TNJ = 9th. Edster = 13th.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Oh actually, i think i understand what ur tryin to say BB! In regards to ur first post that there are only 4 on the list that went to the tourney, then ur wrong, coz there are 7, but in regards to ur 2nd post that only 4 have actually got out of pools in ALL 4 tourneys then ur right! We all right lol!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
No I know son,I was just slow in posting my apology.We were wrong to begin with and believe it or not,my saying Rust and Ogre was just a lucky guess:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
....i thought it was pretty funny. dont be embarrassed my lovely :heart:
Wow, u really do swing that way! I thought that something was wrong when you'd rather sit quietly and listen to ur emo music than pay attention to opposite sex. It all makes sense now. Errm, good for u mate, hope the errm, 'one-eyed cyclops' diet works out for ya... >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom