• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
Look in your contacts, I'm there. Ste, Greg and Jez are all Bolton peoples so ask Will. Smashie has said he's going. Aiko has his tickets booked but that doesn't affect this matter because he isn't STFU anyway.
fair enuff, qnd zeppo im up for a man challenge, dont have much manhood these days anyway

COEY

Smash Lord
I think it's all of STFU minus Golfie are attending though this could change, oh and i'm always online lol. I go away for one weekend... jesus man.

THEZIMMEISTER

Smash Rookie
Hi... I'm George Zimmer - Founder And Ceo Of The Men's Wearhouse. Ashlee... I Would Like To **** You Nice And Deep In The Shower - Your Fist Clenching Half Of My **** At The Base While The Other Half Slowly Penetrates You. You Will Be Blindfolded With A Hair Full Of Shampoo While Reciting The Lyrics To The Beatles' Rocky Racoon. When You Get To The Part About Gideon's Bible, I Will Ignite My **** Fuse And Blow A Load So Huge You'll Grow An Adam's Apple. I Guarantee It.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Everybody knows that having been on smashboards for over 7 months J03 has yet to post anything funny, decent, nifty, spiffy, snazzy, cool, interesting, relevant, anything above anything mentioned hereor anything with a point.

To put it simply: J03 has yet to post anything worth reading.

J03

Smash Master
something funny: your face son!
something decent: i once posted something saying that your face was funny
something nifty: a spork
something snazzy: a spork with a small death turnip engraved on the back
something cool: me
something interesting: me
something relevant: you can get a ticket to sweden from ryanair.com
something above: my last post
something mentioned: my spam
something with a point: a pencil

and lastly something worth reading are my spam posts!

problem solved

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Funny is perspective based, something one person finds funny, might not be to someone else.
The same with decent.
Sporks are overdone and mentioned too much.
Same for Sporks.
Human body temperature is far above what anyone would call ' cool '
Given the amount of spam you post, the idea that you might be interesting in the least died long ago.
Irrelevant, we weren't talking about flights or sweden.
I said something above in the reference of anything deemed higher than the terms I defined in the post (Nifty, Snazzy, Interesting ect)
Same as something above.
Pencils can be blunt.
No spam is worth reading.

BitsBytesBoards

Smash Rookie
New Here

Hi!

Just opened a Gaming Centre in Lincoln, and have been inundated with requests for SSBM tournaments, so am starting to put them into practice. I believe at least one of them knows members of the community on here, so I have a little more access to knowledge than a usual novice tournament organiser.

We are having a "Games Open Day" on the 7th May 2007 - the May Day bank holiday.

Beside various table-top games and some solid Halo 2 attendance predicted, we will be running Smash Bros.

This is just to let you know we are here and promoting SSBM. Any advice, or information that you feel you need to impart would be more than welcome!

Frank.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
directed towards BitBytesBoards:
how many TVs?
how many gamecubes?
size of location?
rules?
when does the tourney run from and til?
would smashers be able to bring their own equipment such as TVs?

I wont go to this but I'd just like to see it run smoothly!

J03

Smash Master
come back bitsbyes and answer our swarming amounts of questions >.<

does lincoln count as NW?
1 or 2 day event?
how to register or just show up?
who is your informate :p ?

thanks for the map BB

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Hi!

Just opened a Gaming Centre in Lincoln, and have been inundated with requests for SSBM tournaments, so am starting to put them into practice. I believe at least one of them knows members of the community on here, so I have a little more access to knowledge than a usual novice tournament organiser.

We are having a "Games Open Day" on the 7th May 2007 - the May Day bank holiday.

Beside various table-top games and some solid Halo 2 attendance predicted, we will be running Smash Bros.

This is just to let you know we are here and promoting SSBM. Any advice, or information that you feel you need to impart would be more than welcome!

Frank.
Yay!!!! Smash in every sector of the UK FTW! Lincoln here we come!!!!!!:chuckle:

Ps. Anyone here go to that Paris tourney? If so, how was it?

:yoshi: :mario:

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
LOL.....about, lincoln here we come. quit gasing.

i dont think anyone english went there. there was a large period of time where the organisers were m.i.a and they lost the backing from the Cycom (or xycom..like it matters.) So it was prolly assumed it wouldnt be as good as initially thought.

apparently it was very well layed out, some dubbed it the best tournament they had been to :O There were some videos on yubitubi. that nihonjin fellow won it.

owna drinks his own urine

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Spam-a-reptilie hunts and eats marsupials for breakfast because he cant afford Frosties!

How dare u reply to my post which was aimed at everyone XCEPT u! A HEX on your head for such insolence! A HEX i say!!!

:yoshi: :mario:

BitsBytesBoards

Smash Rookie
Ok, details as follows:
One day event: doors open at 1130 and close approx 2330.

So far we have 7 TV's and one projector lined up.

We are billing it as a "Video Games Open Day", with various events including the inaugaration of a Halo 2 League, SSBM Tournaments and others.

This has been approached from the view of trying to appeal to a broad cross-section of gamers in the local area who are completely new to tournament scenes. CCG's and the like are the only tournaments they have played in and they are leery of VG tournies.

We are having to grow this from a nearly non-existant start. The people I have interested are from the local University and are not local, but I see this as increasing the ability to lever participation from local gamers.

I would say to just turn up at the venue, as this is a learning experience for all of us here, but I would ask that very low expectations should be encouraged. Early feedback regarding prize fund and entry fees are muted, but I think some of that is uncertainty over tournament models and play times etc.

Events have been very badly run in the past, and I am starting from - literally - scratch.

My informant goes by the name of Craig...

monty06

Smash Ace
lol at grayfoxs comment but are there more craigs then peach players lol.
see u guys friday

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Oh lord.

Craig Walmsly? By any chance? I'm not sure if I've spelt it right, but it's sound on a phoenetic level if it's the same guy. if so, then permit me a moment to burst out singing "It's a small world".

o_o

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna here all the way from Sweden. I need housing between the 24th and the 27th of May (the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights) in London. I'd be arriving really late on Thursday night and flying home really early on Sunday night.

I'm thinking of flying over there for an Anime convention and I don't feel up to spending tons of money on a motel.

Kman25

Smash Ace
Yuna here all the way from Sweden. I need housing between the 24th and the 27th of May (the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights) in London. I'd be arriving really late on Thursday night and flying home really early on Sunday night.

I'm thinking of flying over there for an Anime convention and I don't feel up to spending tons of money on a motel.
Yuna are you going to the London MCM Expo then?

predatorxii

Smash Rookie
How many scottish smashers is there on this forum? This is my first post... im just wondering how many scottish/british people are around on this forums and if there is ever tournaments or anything along that lines....

Thanks in advance ~predatorxii
Btw im from Aberdeen Scotland :)

Mr P

Smash Ace
umm no actually, theres more than 2 of us theres roughly 10 or so. Mostly situated in either perth or paisley, get yourself down here and we would all be happy to play you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom