• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Errr Ok, Jam, we're you on Acid on that last post, seriously dude, i have no idea what's going on...Looking at the forum like, is there a post he's replying to...OHHHH NOOOO.Jammy just goes mental...Ha, good work sonny magoo. Stevie, your musical knowledge astounds me buddy boy...Gimpy but oh so good..."Got Nout Son" **** JORDIES, i love it, can't stop saying it dooooon here man ;)...

Vegard

Smash Lord
So... Is there any Smashers in the Manchester area? I'm going to Manchester tomorrow, and will stay there over the weekend =)

Kone

Smash Master
No.

Dan - Going to brighton 30th march / 1st april. Well, fri - sun. Booked time of work, so even has Laura =x. Stevie and Richy should be coming. So sort yourself out lol. Need some more of my dan action ;_;

Kone

Smash Master
No as in no one decent LOL . kidding, ur in manchester for a weekend so enjoy yourself. no need to smash it up lol

J03

Smash Master
small problem folks, i promised my GF if she passed her driving test we'd do summat when shes next free, turns out thats this weekend, will letcha kno if she passes or not lol

if she fails im coming XD

Nemi

Smash Cadet
dont know if theres anything goin on, but theres plenty of people that live around london. this threads pretty quiet cos everyones poting in the edmas one. go there!

SGT Stevie

Smash Journeyman
Rainhill - its small but everyone drinks.
Thought I'd let you know about my Sunderland experience. Why I even went is the first and most important question that needs to be addressed. It was to see the legend Ricky Gervais which was brilliant. Unfortunately, as a result, I have now realised that I have the worse laugh in the world. Before we went to see him there was time to hit a chippy as we had been drinking all day. On leaving this chippy 2 girls went passed. One had a belt (ridiculously short skirt) and a bra on (ridiculously low cut top). The other girl was rough as Ken (I don't know who Ken is). I enquired where the 'good' places to go in Sunderland were. This young lady (she was definitely not a lady so I shouldn't be referring to her as one really) paused literally for a good 57 seconds then replied 'I don't know'. This puzzled me as I thought she looked ready to go out. Thinking about it, she may have been a prostitute but you can't ask any girl that can you. Even if she was a prostitute and I asked that question she would think I was an idiot because it should be obvious. So after this brief moment of pondering. I asked 'Well were are you going then?' She paused again for only 11 seconds (she was speeding up). We're going to a bar over there. I walked off. Could not be bothered trying anymore. I then entered the Sunderland Empire, which was a very lovely theatre. It seriously was! Gervais was brilliant which I expected. After leaving the theatre we wondered past a bar called modo. Its definitely not like the one in Liverpool, if you've ever been. The thing that brought my attention was that they had a sign saying buy one drink get 2 free. So using mathematical knowledge I worked out that it was 3 drinks for the price of 1. This surely couldn't have been the case. Sure enough me and my mates went in and this offer was true. So we strawpedo'd them but mid strawpedo a man was walking on the bar. Before you start thinking that this was the set for Coyote Ugly 2 it wasn't. This young gent (not reallly a gent) had some horriffic looking drink in one hand and a funnel with a tube coming out of it in his other hand. What is a person suppose to do when given this situation? Obviously I did want any person would have done and shouted at the guy 'Gimme!'. So I drank what he put in the funnel which seemed to have an adverse affect on my legs as they got a little bit wobbly almost immediate. Then I looked around and there was about 30 people, mostly girls, dressed up as pirates. I started to really like this place then I looked the other way, and only what can be described as 2 skanks where dancing close to me mates. Thinking about it; it was too close for comfort. Don't get me wrong, if the time was 10 to 2 then they'd be the most beautiful girls in the world but it was quarter past 10. At that time I can definitely afford to be picky. As a result of this we decided to leave this place and go to Newcastle. Even though my experience of this bar finished badly it is now my second favourite bar which is a very big deal. Second to Dobsons (it does treble gin and lemonade for £1.90 – it’s what dreams are made of!) should be an amazing honour!

So that was Sunderland. It was an experience.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Me and Jam were thinking of hosting a tourny down here after EDster which'll be hopefully like maybe May.

We're down near London so it shouldn't be too hard to get down. But I dont know how lively tournys are around London besides Bi weeklies and stuff

You lot think this would be a good/bad ideaa? Shouldn't be too hard to set up/promote with Jam to help hah

JOENOTJEFF

Smash Rookie
Hey, i changed my name. Didn't like 'Pastorius' in the end. Well worth the trip up to Newcastle even if i couldn't understand alf of yee. Ed your peach is poor btw, not a patch methinks on myself. Cheers Neil and Laura/Lauren??? for showing us round, newcastles all rate by me. Cheers Ed and Stevie for letting us stay it was great.

ciao

Jesusaur

Smash Rookie
A few of things, really:

- It was definately worth the travel to Newcastle. I learnt a lot of new tactics, and peope were kind enough to provide constructive criticism without making me feel too much of a nublet.

- Charles is a sex machine.

- Even if we didn't play a lot of Smash, it was worth the visit just to go out around Newcastle with you guys. Shame everwhere closes so early. I'm not used to it. >_>;

- Ed. What a legend. He loved it when he lost to my Marth. I did have a one stock advantage, but just forget about that.

I'm seriously considering changing my arrangements so I can attend Edster. Even if that means sleeping on that sofa again. XD

Stevie, Laura, Phil, Neil, Rich, all you guys are great, and I really can't wait to meet you all again. If you weren't there, shame on you!

Kone

Smash Master
Joe - me - lad : Aye aye glad you enjoyed your Geordie delights. Glad to have you up here and welcome back anytime. Pick up a decent character will you mate. You got the mindgames and **** just need to work on someone a lil more worthwhile. Pikas crap. And i know you love my peach. Oh n its Laura lol

Olly: What a beast for beating me lol. Your tech skills there mate just need to work on your defensive game alot. Keep into your smash and get yourself to EDster. You know you love the Toon action. Nothing wrong with that couch either, me and rich got that for free and had to walk it ****ing streets to get it home. Don't diss it ;_; .

Glad to have more Northern companions. Keep smashing Nottingham and step it up ,mwah!

haha

ed

COEY

Smash Lord
COEYS 19th OMFG

This thursday just so happens to be my 19th birthday. And to celebrate i'm gonna be having a few people over on the friday playing smash (STFU Bolton). I'm posting to see if anybody nearby wants to come along too, and i thought i'd post here as we don't all deserve a thread =P So yea if anybody has a few spare sterling and fancies popping down to wish old Coeypops a happy birthday your more than welcome... i will also be providng the beer!!!

pastorius

Smash Rookie
Joe - me - lad : Aye aye glad you enjoyed your Geordie delights. Glad to have you up here and welcome back anytime. Pick up a decent character will you mate. You got the mindgames and **** just need to work on someone a lil more worthwhile. Pikas crap. And i know you love my peach. Oh n its Laura lol

Olly: What a beast for beating me lol. Your tech skills there mate just need to work on your defensive game alot. Keep into your smash and get yourself to EDster. You know you love the Toon action. Nothing wrong with that couch either, me and rich got that for free and had to walk it ****ing streets to get it home. Don't diss it ;_; .

Glad to have more Northern companions. Keep smashing Nottingham and step it up ,mwah!

haha

ed
After seeing your peach in ACTION! I've decided to practice her see what i come up with. Any tips/links for making sure you love mine one day? Doesn't mean i'll drop pika though, despite what you say :) Give my apologies to laura, i was sure was that (She called me jeff anyway so we're even). But Rob (i think) was saying people names wrong all day and making me laugh. So i think i caught his bug. As i said your always welcome down here.

I think stevie needs to be reminded that Notts or still northen, even if it is below Liverpoool.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I can say edster is going to be a big battle, and im gonna record the good matches with my sexy £250 worth camera which i brought to the boot camp ;D

JOENOTJEFF

Smash Rookie
Anyone got any dates for tournaments in yeovil, got a few mates from city of glocks that can get down. Although i've gotta know in advance when im gonna stay. (DOn't think i explained that very well)

Cool Edward, already added you. You just gotta come online ^^ JnJ sounds alright i suppose. Tags are bit whack to be honest. And no i'm not dropping pika. :pimp:

Kone

Smash Master
next yeovil tourney aint sorted yet man. what usually happens is people wait till the up coming tourney is over then plan the next. that way there arent multiple threads going on.

We need to start thinking about the summer tournaments though. Ive heard that zeppo/euan , gmc and BB are all interested in running summer tourneys. Any of the three thought about when they want to run their tournies? we got may/june/july/august. 3 tournies within that space would be ace.

drop pika lol

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
I call dibs on June/July. Whichevers most convenient for people really. I'm gonna start getting stuff organized for my next one as soon as Edster is over, seeing as I'm terrible at organizing stuff, if I give myself a few bloody months to do it all should be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom