• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
reacher: when are you next free to come down to bolton?
were aiming to set up a smashfest either on may the 11th of 18th, either good for you?

zeppo, euan, smashie, BB, dan: same ^?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I dont think I'll be able to make it to Bolton anytime soon,at least not before TNJ.Im busy on the weekend of the 18th,Charlie is coming up to Scotland to smash,so I'd assume Euan and Phil are also coming to that lolz.I also plan on going to London sometime so I wont have the money for Bolton.I'll see how it is after TNJ2,sorry lads.

EDIT:I'd say people can come through to mine on the 18th but space is very limited,I wont know yet how many people I can manage.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
With AFC4 not being that hot at the moment, do you Brits actually plan to host something big this summer, like Kone implied in the AFC4 thread? It should be possible to get some Dutchies there, and the UK would be a new experience for many players. =] I'd also rather get drunk with Brits than with Swedes. :x

Mr P

Smash Ace
With AFC4 not being that hot at the moment, do you Brits actually plan to host something big this summer, like Kone implied in the AFC4 thread? It should be possible to get some Dutchies there, and the UK would be a new experience for many players. =] I'd also rather get drunk with Brits than with Swedes. :x
Thats definately an interesting idea marc, theres a couple of different parties looking to host tournaments this summer including the mafia. we had never really thought of the possibility of doing something on a large scale mainly due to the fact there were going to be big tournies in Sweden and the Netherlands but its definately something that should be considered as it would be good for everyone as a whole, espescially the UK who need to get back on the map again now that we have some sort of smash scene. Oh and nobody can out drink a scot :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

J03

Smash Master
tis fair enough, im hoping that we can hold monthly smashfests in scotland and in bolton, switching between the two, i cant say much about the scottish end, or if it will even be happening, but you'll always be welcome down in bolton, we normally have a nice STFU turnout (me, coey, golfie, smashie, jez and BB) but recently reacher has been coming down too. also were hoping to be having zeppo and euan and any other mafia members who wanna come as well as getting dan up for one hell of a good time!

holy ****, i made a post with actual valid content o_0

J03

Smash Master
as far as the UK hosting a large scale tourney this summer, i say its about time ^^, we currently have TNJ2, AR360 and edmmer, not to mention the mafia hosting aomething. it seems common sense to make one of these tourneys a 'BIGGIE' even if it costs us a smaller one. i dont think TNJ2 has the housing to incorporate such housing demands but i will get on the blower to BB and coey to see about AR360, but with the chav experience being such as it was last AR it may be a bad idea, even though there is plentiful space and housing there, especially if we book both rooms.

as far as edmmer and the mafia tourney go, i would not mind collaberating with them to make one of them large enough to make it a european tourney. that being said how much interest would this actually create? there is no point sacrificing a tourney for the sake of a few dutchies when we could simply include them in a regular tourney.

ideas?

COEY

Smash Lord
Wouldnt want a tourney in Lancaster anyways Joe, would want it near a big airport. London would be a good bet if there's a venue bookable where you can sleep overnight. Could look into possible Manchester locations too....

Kone

Smash Master
If EDmmer hppens it'll be in July. Ive checked flights prices between newcastle and amsterdam. Too expensive to make a lage tourney.

If its cheap to fl to glasgow then that could be a possibility. However, ive heard from paul that housing that end is a difficulty.

Its only London that could really allow for cheap flights and entice enough foreigners. But housing is a proper problem.

J03

Smash Master
reacher: will you be driving to TNJ2? will you have any spare seats or taking the mafia? after seeing a nice 80 quid price tag on the train id be grateful for a lift

same to anyone whose passing by and hasnt got a full car :(

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
yeah yeovil is like, in the middle of nowhere

tho-
you can get a coach to london for manchester for like 7 quid, and then a train or coach from, london is 20-odd
:)

Kone

Smash Master
Joe - i doubt phils driving down. Its his dads car. In anycase ive already offered phil and neil a lift with ourselves. Me and Laura are driing down in our cars. We may have a spare seat for you. However, i mean 1 seat. If you want it let me know but you'll have to get yourself to newcastle or rugby. There the only places ill pick up from unless you suggest another stop off point which is exactly on my route.

For those wanting the cheapest option IMO =

Funfare with coach from manchester -> london. Funfare with coach from london -> taunton. Local bus from taunton -> yeovil.

ed x

craiigg

Smash Lord
SDB people remember that pic we took at EDster, probably not we were mashed ;D
but got bored and did a sig ^_^
V

COEY

Smash Lord
It's nice to see my photography skills are being put to good use. :) Sigs too good Craiiggy my boy.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone. Im new here if you haven't guessed already but are there any other players who live remotely around Birmingham? I'd be happy to travel to other city's nearby (Coventry, Lincoln etc.)

I'm not noob, I've been playing SSB/SSBM for as long as I can remember. Not just crappy playing either, I use all the techniques that you lot probably use.

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
Generally, for good tournies, ure prolly gonna have to travel around. But tournies are never too inaccessible and they are always worth it. I strongly suggest you check out the next main circuit tournie which will be next month.

Check out the TNJ2 thread

Also, you cant be sure that you use the techniques that we use. For example, do you use Marth's "chakra feet glitch" under Final Destination? Or do you know how to wave land off of the invisible air the tree blows on dream land for an extra jump for recovery purposes?

cos WE DO.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info about the tourny, plus I have no idea what the techniques are that you just listed.

I'm just kind of using the techniques such as Wavedash/shine, SHL, SHFFL, and random stuff. I might come along to this tourny, probably not enter but just to see how the SSBM scene is in general.

EDIT: I've just realised how far Somerset is from Birmingham. Maybe when theres a session or a gathering somewhere closer. Im not keen on travelling too far.

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
lol im just messin with ya. marth cant do chakra feet...........................roy can.
jus kiddin

Yeah, u should come along man and you may aswell enter. Having something to play for does improve ure game. It's always good fun and you may find ureself just as good or even better than some of us. You never know. Anyway, welcome man.

:chuckle:

Kone

Smash Master
Hao : the scene inthe UK is pretty large but numbers are not concentrated in any one area. Large gatherings dont really happen outside of tournaments. I can get you in touch with someobody in rugby that maybe up for playing you, contact me on msn : ceddon@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom