• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
so, i dont really play pit or metknight, but if it was possible, do you think it would be a good idea to switch the effects of their dairs? by this i mean meta's dair would send people straight up and pits would be better at gimping people. i think this would nerf meta and since pits dair isnt as fast as metas, it wouldnt be as annoying. just an idea, and i dont even know if its possible.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
so, i dont really play pit or metknight, but if it was possible, do you think it would be a good idea to switch the effects of their dairs? by this i mean meta's dair would send people straight up and pits would be better at gimping people. i think this would nerf meta and since pits dair isnt as fast as metas, it wouldnt be as annoying. just an idea, and i dont even know if its possible.
It's possible with the hitbox code(which can change the angle which a move sends the opponent), just give more reasons why those characters would need those buffs/nerfs.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
i cant get this code to work. im using gecko 1.07 is that not good enough or something? i reformatted my sd card as a FAT32, capy the text document into codes folder, then use code master. gecko recognizes the codes on the sd card, but my wii freezes when the game launches. i must be missing some stupid simple step. please help, this is very frustrating.

and i realize this should probably be on a FAQs forum, but i just want to get this code to work, so i figured i should just go to the source. sorry for getting "off topic"

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
i cant get this code to work. im using gecko 1.07 is that not good enough or something? i reformatted my sd card as a FAT32, capy the text document into codes folder, then use code master. gecko recognizes the codes on the sd card, but my wii freezes when the game launches. i must be missing some stupid simple step. please help, this is very frustrating.

and i realize this should probably be on a FAQs forum, but i just want to get this code to work, so i figured i should just go to the source. sorry for getting "off topic"
TXT files do not go into codes. For the latest Brawl+ codeset, a 1KB codeset should be /codes, and the other GCT should go in that one private/something folder.

Sukai

Smash Champion
So as I was playing Brawl+ I thought of something interesting

Wouldn't it be cool if you could grab someone while they were lying down?

It'd be nice if something not melee related was thrown into the codeset

Just a thought
People should get infracted for comparing Brawl+ to Melee without reason.
Just joking, all opinions are accepted, but I am a little peeved by that comment.
I could go on for paragraphs on how Brawl+ is nothing like Melee in an exclusive context, but that would be unnecessary, and might spark unneeded debates.
I'll just say that grabbing a downed opponent is not the smartest suggestion I've heard, by a landslide.
It's not in any way a required element to improve the game, unnecessary and a bit makeshift.
Not to mention grab properties have not been discovered yet.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
TXT files do not go into codes. For the latest Brawl+ codeset, a 1KB codeset should be /codes, and the other GCT should go in that one private/something folder.
i have a 4 KB codeset in /code, and i dont even know what to put in that private/something folder. will someone please pm a step by step process or somewhere to find it. ive seriously been spending like 3 hours a day for the past three days on this with absolutely no progress.

Sukai

Smash Champion
i have a 4 KB codeset in /code, and i dont even know what to put in that private/something folder. will someone please pm a step by step process or somewhere to find it. ive seriously been spending like 3 hours a day for the past three days on this with absolutely no progress.
The link "SD Loader" goes in /codes (note the "s").
The link "Codeset" goes in /private/Wii/app/rsbe/pf.
If the directory doesn't exist, then you have to create these folders.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
The link "SD Loader" goes in /codes (note the "s").
The link "Codeset" goes in /private/Wii/app/rsbe/pf.
If the directory doesn't exist, then you have to create these folders.
what do you mean by the link "codeset"? is that the link to offline/online play? or do i copy the code to a text file then export it from codemanager?

Sukai

Smash Champion
what do you mean by the link "codeset"? is that the link to offline/online play? or do i copy the code to a text file then export it from codemanager?
Yes, I was referring to the offline/online thing when I said codeset, because that link has the actual codeset, the SD loader loads the codeset.

Sukai

Smash Champion
wow, that was incredibly easy haha. thank you so much for your help/patience.
I try to be the ideal member of the community, glad to be of service.

Next Topic: Falco's lasers.
What should we do about them? Do we need to do something about them?

I for one can vouch that they are too broken for their own good.
Aside from their marvelous combo ability, they deal a nice bit of damage, and deals enough knockback to gimp even some the best recoveries.
Bigger, heavier characters such a Bowser, Ike, Ganon, and Dedede are ***** offstage by Falco's lasers alone, forcing them to recover from under the stage, which is very bad considering Falco has ****** aerials and can kill them easily under the stage, notwithstanding his down air entirely.
I'd like to request a better distribution in super armor in the heavies, but that's just me.

On an unrelated note I want to also suggest Warlock Punch with super armor.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Where can I go to get some B+ wifi matches going? Every time I go to gamesurge, theres only 3 players max who want to actually have a battle...

Revven

FrankerZ
Next Topic: Falco's lasers.
What should we do about them? Do we need to do something about them?
No. All they do is just stun you, he can't really do anything from them except maybe a dash attack, which really isn't much.

There isn't a whole lot we need to do to Falco. He lost his CG on most chars and he can combo pretty decently now. I'd have to say maybe give him a KO aerial, perhaps, his Bair? And then he'd be good.

No. All they do is just stun you, he can't really do anything from them except maybe a dash attack, which really isn't much.

There isn't a whole lot we need to do to Falco. He lost his CG on most chars and he can combo pretty decently now. I'd have to say maybe give him a KO aerial, perhaps, his Bair? And then he'd be good.
Can Falco still DACUS after the attack frames of his dash attack? Because the usmash is a pretty good combo starter. Given it only works at very low percentages, but it's something.

I honestly think Falco is great as is. If he needs a buff, I propose longer spike duration on the dair.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Falco can still DACUS, but the ability to do it depends on the buffer.

I edited my post higher up with my reasoning concerning Falco, please give it a read.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Can Falco still DACUS after the attack frames of his dash attack? Because the usmash is a pretty good combo starter. Given it only works at very low percentages, but it's something.

I honestly think Falco is great as is. If he needs a buff, I propose longer spike duration on the dair.
Imo, Falco's Dair is pretty good as is. I'd much rather see his Bair strengthened a bit than Dair's Spike lasting longer.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Falco needs no buffs, in my opinion. He's pretty **** good as is, and if he gets anything, I think it would have to come with a laser nerf.

As a vBrawl Dedede main (B+ Dedede sub), I have to say that he shouldn't be getting ***** by lasers offstage. Dedede's recovery shouldn't be being intercepted by any projectile. It's got super armor during most of the ascent, and he's got five jumps besides. Recovering low was never a problem if you knew when to cancel it, even in vBrawl.

That said, Falco's lasers are a bit annoying off the stage. Getting hit by a few of them is certain doom for some characters. But this is the case with most projectiles, really. Fight a good Sheik, and you'll face the same problem with her needles. A decent Ness can PK Thunder tailwhip you and drag you down in stun. Lucas doesn't even need to tailwhip you for this, as his whole PK Thunder will give you the same treatment.

Falco's lasers aren't a huge problem. They're nothing compared to Pit's arrows for offstage **** besides.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Let him fast fall his lasers and call it a day.

Jokes obviously. But it would be pretty awesome and I'd love to try it just for fun.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Very quick question: Is the PAL codeset up to date with the NTSC codeset? I have both games, would rather play it on PAL, but will use NTSC if its better. (Have both games)

storm92

Smash Ace
Sigh, why can't you guys just release the codes out to the public?

You know, some people would want to use the codes at least for themselves even if its not officially endorsed.

Sukai

Smash Champion
That's what the Code Agenda is for, not Brawl+ discussion.

In any case, where does everyone stand on my super armor requests?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Question. Why has there not been any fixes to Pit's up-b? As it stands right now, it is about the only really out of place move left in Brawl+ that sucks now as a direct result of new physics. He drops too low, he climbs back up too slowly, and he can't grab the ledge as long as he's going upwards.

We should:
* Shorten the time frame where he is slave to his own momentum because right now, he drops way too far and spends most of his recovery just gaining back the height he lost.
* Allow him to rise vertically faster. I don't believe this will be hard to implement as we have already adjusted MK's tornado and Link's sword spin in the same manner.
* Allow him to auto-sweetspot his Up-b. I know that sounds kind of bad, but I believe with how easy it is to gimp his recovery, he should be able to grab the ledge as soon as he touches it.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I just made a discovery.

If you choose a character that crawls, and start running, duck and then crawl backwards, you'll do something that is similar to a wavedash. This is most apparent with Sheik and Luigi, their pseudowavedashes are the longest. Bowser gains absolutely nothing from this :c

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I just made a discovery.

If you choose a character that crawls, and start running, duck and then crawl backwards, you'll do something that is similar to a wavedash. This is most apparent with Sheik and Luigi, their pseudowavedashes are the longest. Bowser gains absolutely nothing from this :c
This was in vBrawl

Sukai

Smash Champion
Well, while that helps Pit players getting back, I don't think that exempts us from improving his Up-b in some manner.
Well, there are worse recoveries for characters with less to defend themselves with offstage.
Pit just has a mediocre Up B, but to compensate, he has multiple jumps and a glide, more than enough to safely recover. Wings of Icarus should be a last ditch resort, which should never arise for a good player.
He has great recovery options to compensate for a bad "recovery". Sounds balanced to me.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
i just finished playing a couple of games with a friend, and he is kind of a "n00b" but,while he was playing as sheik, i landed one of falcons knees on the far left side of final destination and sent him flying to the right, and even though he had bad DI, he couldn't make it back to the stage when he had only 80% after the hit. i mean, i love the knee, its a great ko move, but thats just plain ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

working on the PAL set, thought I could release with the exception of the CSS (which is cosmetic anyway) yesterdday already, but then wierd error started to happen. I think I'll need another 1-2 days to make sure everything works.

and if you have both games, you'd best go for NTSC, since that one is always updated first and has more codes (ie glide code)

alvicala

Smash Cadet
i just finished playing a couple of games with a friend, and he is kind of a "n00b" but,while he was playing as sheik, i landed one of falcons knees on the far left side of final destination and sent him flying to the right, and even though he had bad DI, he couldn't make it back to the stage when he had only 80% after the hit. i mean, i love the knee, its a great ko move, but thats just plain ridiculous.
I think that you have experienced the effects of the "Reverse Knee" Code.
BTW, the knee is very strong and sheik is not a very heavy character so its not that amazing that she got pwnd by the knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom