• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Cause Gojira's bowser is too kute.. it stunned him.. It's happened to the best smashers at time.. your forgetting how cute this bowser character can be.. :)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you are acting like m2k didn't **** 16 or so stock off that crew, gojira taking that one stock off m2k doesn't imply that m2k sucks or was playing horribly or something wtf is going on lol its like a 2 second clip of a couple moves then an fsmash

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Gimpy what your failing to realize, is that one stock that gojira took off did.. erm.. well absolutely nothing..

but it sure looked KUTE

*HIGH FIVE*

MikeMoney

Smash Apprentice
I actually had this happen exactually at a recent smash fest I had like 10 people around yell "WTF GOJIRA!!!" it was on a sheik to

Mukk

Smash Rookie
hey man... i watch a lot of your videos and agianst fox/falco u sometimes use your down air when they are recovering..... i do that also.. but sumtimes i find it easier to just down tilt and it cancells their 3rd jump... and they fall down.. i was just wondering like.. is that a sad excuse for an edge gaurd? is that no good?

Mukk

Smash Rookie
yea but idk i just started using it and idk if im gonna get punishment later on..

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
@KevinM Actually, that is so true.

N00b question time!!!! :D When was that match because what was m2k doing?
Well, if you actually pay attention to the match, m2k was just SEVERELY unlucky. He'd been knocked off the stage by Gojira and was about to do a ledge-hopped fair on him. But at that instant, Gojira uses the Fsmash RIGHT as the stage changes and Sheik ends up jumping right into the Fsmash.

So really, it was just bad luck (or good luck on Gojira's part)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
fsmashes GENERALLY dont have a lot to do with luck but prediction, i never ever EVER randomly fsmash its all about knowing when the opponent is going to try and space an arial, i'd guess that he knew a fair attempt was coming and punished accordingly... either that or he MAJORLY messed up a fair in the middle of the stage change (which is possible, the fsmash is charging a bit)

as far as approaching the girl, walk up to her, look her in the eye and say "gimpyfish said you should go out with me" then rawr as best you can. (note, do not ROAR, as that would scare her)

if that doens't work, i'm afraid you have no chance.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I actually only F-smash when i'm on the ground >_>

That girl advice totally didn't work gimpy and now i have to go to jail.. she thought i was harrassing her >_>

Hey guess what, sorry for the randomness but +44 was really good in concert last night, i was fairly surprised..

Vanna tonight making it 3 shows in a row every night since wednesday and then a smash tourney on saturday.. I'mma be broke

Gojira

Smash Lord
Why cant Bowser recover from a wall tech jump? SHould you just Up-B immediately afterwards, air dodge, or go for the regular tech?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bowser Can survive a walltech jump. you just to be realy fast and get the koopa claw RIGHT after. This is really fast and i have done this once really tricky timing i guess....but....uh...yeah....most the time when people downsmash, spike, or attack him when you aim for a sweetspot, they are NOT expecting to get grabbed by a claw.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Well, if you actually pay attention to the match, m2k was just SEVERELY unlucky. He'd been knocked off the stage by Gojira and was about to do a ledge-hopped fair on him. But at that instant, Gojira uses the Fsmash RIGHT as the stage changes and Sheik ends up jumping right into the Fsmash.

So really, it was just bad luck (or good luck on Gojira's part)
people dont believe me when i say this.....I predicted M2k. I knew he was going to jump up....i knew a stage change was coming so with those two factors invlolved i knew it woudl land seeing how he thought he could hit me with a fair and the F-smash ahs a dodge to it.

I just double posted O.O sorry gimpy.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Gojira double posted, ban him :chuckle:

How are ya Gojira? good hearing from you
im becoming a DK user lol.

Just so i get a fast answer how many bowsers are going t OC2....i want to reform the bowser crew and hopefully we get a none superfriends crew. But we must stick to arash's idea....we must be the "Falco Squad" and all be wearing falco T-shirts, then when the crew battle starts we turn them inside out only to have the bowser on the insides of our shirts with the team name koopa troop.

Gimpy i have a question. This i know is rare seeming how im sooooo amazing compared to you, but i want your opinion. i have talked to a few bowsers (the reason why i say few i dont remember who they were) that said pika is in favor in bowser vs pika. Is this true?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha those inside out shirts would be so bomb.. and a DK user come on!?

I don't think i will be in attendance at OC3 considering i'm going to FC hopefully, and that will broke me

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Okay, I'm new to Bowser (I main Ganondorf). I've been playing as Bowser for the last couple of weeks, and I'm having trouble getting the "up+B" from the ground to the edge... I guess what would be a "wavedash to ledge" but in this case... fortress to ledge... >_> Hope that made sense. I keep dying whenever I try it. Any tips or DI that I'm missing here?

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpLRoV1rYQ8&mode=related&search= at about the 1:50 mark, there is a lot of running off the edge, jumping, fair, then recovering. I just can't seem to get this consistently. Most of the time i try to jump but end up not doing that and just doing a fair and falling too low to recover, or i do jump but still can't recover. I need some tips!

It also looks like that technique is only used on fox and falco in that vid, does it really only work against them? I play a lot of dr. marios, shieks, and links so i have to worry about their projectiles, but i think i can just learn timing better and still edge guard them pretty well. Any tips there as well?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I just discovered a freeze glitch. I know so many of these have been found out, that I didn't want to try and start a new thread just in case. So, has this one ever been found out? Play as Bowser on Adventure Mode. Get over to the first area where you can actually fall and splash into the water. There is a bridge there, that extends from the left cliff. Get under the bridge and walk all the way against the wall. You then do Bowser bomb facing the wall. Bowser then freezes, because he never lands. There's prolly other places you can do this, but this is the only case I've seen.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I have a question for Gimpy. Is using Bowser's lean-back during his Fsmash viable for competitive play? I've found myself using it often and it seems to work. I've escaped many attack that would have gotten me with it. Once a fox was headed towards me and he went for a grab. Right before he grabbed I Fsmashed though and his grab stopped short and my fsmash went through. Was that me or just bad spacing? Is it useful?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
whoa i'm way behind O.o

alright to address the issue of walltech... if what gojira says is true thats for wallJUMP techs only it might pull you back to the stage or something like that i guess

as far as a regular ledge tech you CAN survive with the up b, you cant up b right away though, it basically requires the perfect timing, its actually quite difficult to do

pika vs bowser? well pika can do some stuff to mess up bowser pretty good I've had little difficulty with the pika's i've played but I have't played any of the TRUE great pikas, but i've played a couple good pikas... they can give you trouble like anyone if you fail to adjust to the matchup, fade away fairs are great vs pika's horrendous range on basically every attack. pika's can get pretty spotdodge happy but a couple flame cancels, non fast fall neutrals, or shffl'd down air into grab will end that habbit pretty quick. as soon as you get to a place basically where you aren't the one adjusting to the matchup, i think thats when it really changes to bowsers "favor"

the run off fair and recover edgeguard...
its basically just really hard and also pointless. lol its harder than the ledgehop back air off the stage is, you just run off... and fair IMMEDIATELY, then recover. its easy in concept, hard in practice. I really dont do it often it just looks kinda cool sometimes, i'd never do it in a tourney match because theres just better edgeguards, but it just looks so freaking POWERFUL when you do it haha bowser barreling at you off the stage with a fair in your face as you recover? thats nice.

is bowser's fsmash viable for competitive play? I land a TON of fsmashes in competitive play, its all about player reads and knowledge of common spacing, if you know it'll land, use it, if you question it AT ALL, dont use it.
basically, its very useful. killing a middle weight character at 60% on almost any stage is pretty nice, it also makes them feel bad because they got read and punished so well which can lead to them questioning their appraoch which can lead to more mistakes down the line

alright after looking at the video... what you were refering to was where you run off, JUMP THEN FAIR then recover. alright, now THAT is useful, very useful, its most useful vs spacies if they try to illusion back to the stage real quick, it can also be useful vs like mario if he is fireball spammin so you can get under it and fair him... just dont be to low its not hard to recover from that at all.
best combo in the game. falco at zero %. backthrow -> rising off the edge fair. ZERO - DEATH COMBO lol falco dies at under 20% from that garbage XD

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I wasn't referring to the Fsmash itself but more so the lean back during it. I tend to use it more as a psuedo-Roy/MArth vB

You just answered my question though.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh whoops

fortresshogging (i call it fortress canceling)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGgg8YomIDI

watch that

and yeah the lean back is like the only way to get an fsmash to land unless you techchase + predict spotdodge or something... how else do you land it? not very many people just sit there w/o moving if you throw an fsmash at them lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dear nublet - all of them of course

the other question is more complex, its pretty situational... vs spacies its great, vs some characters theres really no reason they'd fall down to a certain point then jump then up b, so its better to either just jump and fair if it looks liek they are going high or just edgeguard normally.. i'll get into more detail later i'm studyin for a test right now lol

Top Bottom