• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm kinda sick of random question threads popping up all the time, so just ask any questions you have regarding bowser here and i'll do my best to answer consistently.

so yeah, ask questions, give comments, do whatever, i'll give advice and what not here so yeah

have fun

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Another one of these.

Well aight, i actually have an interesting bowser question.

If I'm playing bowser, do I have any stages that I want to use as counter picks? And are there any specific stages i want to avoid?

I dont specifically mean other people's counters (i.e. Marth on Yoshi's Story, or Peach on Mute City). I mean stages specifically bad for Bowser (i.e. ICs on Pokefloats, or Jiggs on Yoshi's Story)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
well you DEFINITELY dont want to be playing on FD, EVER. EVER EVER EVER. generally bowser is better on the really small stages (yoshi's comes to mind obviously) some people think japes is a good bowser stage because of some of my vids, its really just a mediocre bowser stage at best, the ceiling is RIDCULOUSLY high, although you do have invincibility for almost half the match lol

i dunno, i like taking people to battlefield also it can screw up their sweetspots but it doesn't erally harm bowser, i dont mind mute city actually, even though you dont have ledges to grab... i take people to brinstar a lot, i just really like that stage for some reason i think that one is more personal preference....

generally yoshi's should be a standard counter pick, if you cant do that i go battlefield or brinstar, and if for whatever reason those weren't allowed then from there it'd be dependant on who you are playing against, i know people like FoD and stuff like that, but just be sure to avoid FD at all costs.

other stages... corneria is generally to big but bowser has some nice tricks under the wing on the right including auto cancels on the fortress uhh... just look for preference beyond yoshis story is my best advice, everyone has a particular style and stage they like

i didn't expect a question so soon haha

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
O.O OF COURSE!

dont limit yourself to just fair!

obviously thats your "standard" but you've also got the klaw on their shields, you can stay back and ftilt a few times, wavedash/land dash grabs... down air works on dash dance campers if they are approaching right after your airs because of that little puff of knockback (which is great) you've also got flame cancel to surprise with...

obviously you are more limited w/o platforms but if you have them you can do lots of tricky drop through approaches with almost any move you've got

mindgames mindgames mindgames, only approaching with fair? ew

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i didn't expect a question so soon haha
Hehe, just thumbin through all the character boards. Figured i'd spark some conversation.

Bowswer doesnt have lag to his up+b? That's intersting.

--points up--

(answer gkryptonite's question, im just making a random interjection)

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
O.O OF COURSE!

dont limit yourself to just fair!

obviously thats your "standard" but you've also got the klaw on their shields, you can stay back and ftilt a few times, wavedash/land dash grabs... down air works on dash dance campers if they are approaching right after your airs because of that little puff of knockback (which is great) you've also got flame cancel to surprise with...

obviously you are more limited w/o platforms but if you have them you can do lots of tricky drop through approaches with almost any move you've got

mindgames mindgames mindgames, only approaching with fair? ew
The fair is just so awsome, and I just got AR and I'm just looking at its hitbox in awe, thanks, I think I'm really gonna learn a lot from this thread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey Gimpy can i have some help maybe through PM's or emails on writing my guide.. I want this thing to be memorable :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight gimpy, i gotta nother question.

This one's pretty simple.

And yes, i've actually searched the threads, and couldnt find a clear definition.

__

What IS fortresshogging?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
--watches video--

. . . . wow, that was completely different from what I thought it would be, but I think i understand it enough to know what the purpose of it is.

Thanks magnum.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Will Bowser ever succeed in kidnaping Peach? You said Bowser questions but not SSBM questions.

Now for my SSBM Bowser question. What character is Bowser's favorite prey in this game(as in who does he do best against)?

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Is it possible to survive your Fsmash?

How do you run off the edge into a fair and manage to hop back on the ledge without death?

Where do babies come from?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Is it possible to survive your Fsmash?

How do you run off the edge into a fair and manage to hop back on the ledge without death?

Where do babies come from?
Gimpy's or Bowsers?

Gimpy's - No its not possible
Bowser's- At higher percentages probably really hard to do and at lower say around sixty DI up and slightly towards the stage and you should be fine.

Run off the ledge F-air use your jump to come back and then fortress in that same direction to get up to the ledge.. pretty easy technique and essential for dealing with some pesky sweetspotters, *cough*marth*cough*

Dude from storks

:)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey dude you put to variations of Boozer on there... and thats a pretty dumb spam post.. and i would prolly just stare at the director until he let me use him btw

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey gimpy so here's my question, how many letters do you think we have to write to nintendo before Bowser can get a game where you can play as him or at least from his perspective!?!?!?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha fo sho Technomancer... hey i have a queston for you as well, how can you take all the stupidity over at the Roy boards.. well i guess with RoK gone it must be easier

ok gimpy never mind my question was answered :) haha

That post made me lol

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Dear Gimpy. It burns when i pee, what should i do?

That and when recovering, is it better to go for the edge even if they ARE edgegaurding or try to float over them??

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Since the fortress has zero land lag i guess it really depends on the person that is edgeguarding you... if their any good i would guess you would try and float over them since boozer's recovery is pretty easy to knock back away and then its just an attrition game on how many times before you don't reach... and if their not or you can catch them by surprise... sweetspot it

Gimpy any thoughts?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
mindgames on recovery please

"do i go over him every time or do i sweetspot every time"

-_-

dont be predictable, do that every time. lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Personally i like yelling out i'm going to sweetspot it and then i Fortress AWAY from the stage... talk about mindgames as i die

phish-it

Smash Champion
Why cant Bowser recover from a wall tech jump? SHould you just Up-B immediately afterwards, air dodge, or go for the regular tech?

Oh and:

Eggz

Smash Hero
Gimpy: What is your favorite matchup with bowser? Not like what is best, just which do you enjoy doing most? =p

I like fighting Falcos, Bowsers, Ganons, Mewtwos, and sometimes even YLs. D=

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Are the Bowser forums turning into the Roy forums. I mean you closed 11 threads THIS month Gimpy.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
I have a question for Mr fish of gimpy

How do you have more closed threads than I do in the roy forum because roy players are clearly noobier/stupider than bowser players?

also, you need to use more Bowser Bomb, there is a reason why mattdeezie called it "The best move in the game"

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i close threads when the questions are answered, when they jsut become spammy, or just because its a dumb thread, we have these big threads so theres not to much of a need for those other threads haha

we are better than the roy forums, the mod is just more strict here ;P

I'LL CLOSE WHATEVER I WANT!!!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight, this is a pretty random; n00bish question, but I want a serious answer to this.

What happens if you klaw somebody while you're in midair, say recovering from the ledge. Does that still give you the grab animation?

If it does, couldnt you use that as like, a bowsercide?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you may be stricter, but at least i close my topics with entertaining pictures

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Aight, this is a pretty random; n00bish question, but I want a serious answer to this.

What happens if you klaw somebody while you're in midair, say recovering from the ledge. Does that still give you the grab animation?

If it does, couldnt you use that as like, a bowsercide?
Yea you can use that as a bowsercide as long as you catch them in the grab.. Just get them where you would normally grab them and drag you down with them.. Its hard to land but plausible i guess.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
k, a couple more questions...

is it better to grab with side b or the grab?...None of his regular grabs seem to lead to combos (except up throw at low percents or against fast-fallers). Are they mainly just to get the enemy off the stage?

I can't seem to get the d-air's L-cancel...do you hit L as he touches the ground or after the attack part ends? Is it even worth using?

...more to come, maybe...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
l cancel the exact same time as you do with any other move, klaw whenever you can land it, grab whenever you can land it... whatever will work do it, theres not often a "which one should i do" its just kinda what will land... get them off the edge to edgeguard ftw

Mr. GimpyFish

Why did you own pichu so hardcore last time?
Will there be another pichu ownage at the next tournament?
dont ever ever EVER capitolize the f in my name again. I'll start warning people for disrespecting mods if it becomes a problem lol

uhhhh money match bowser vs pichu recorded yeayuhz?

Top Bottom