• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Serious question then:

What has happened here haha Bowser had like no posts when i joined and now it seems like a spam fest...

I did contribute to the one thread that got locked but none others..

Oh and how do i get my guide stickied

Eggz

Smash Hero
I wish I had cool fanboys like Kevin. =[

But alas, I only have...Kevin. LOL

Gimpy, I want to go to both OC2 and FC somehow. Work it out for me bud xD

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
alright gimpy, i have 2 questions

Ive tried to fortresshog, however most of the time i suicide because i dont grab the edge, what am i doing wrong?

How useful is bowsers WD, when should it be used?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser's wavedash is actually pretty good, it has good distance, his jumping animation is just slow, i dash in and wavedash back a lot, but wavelanding, thats where its at!
wavelanding improves bowser speed by a TON! basically waveland at almost every opportunity, but dont be ridiculously predictabel lol

as far as fortresshogging goes i believe that question has already been answered, but here's the video to watch anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGgg8YomIDI

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
because its hard to not let dk grab you, and if he grabs you he gets immense up air combos, eh has a really easy time landing neutral b on bowser out of throws up airs and as edgeguards... dk is a real tough match for bowser actually, its REALLY easy to edgeguard dk as bowser, easier than the other way around, but still dk has enough where he can get a dead bowser fairly quick...

dk's up air basically wrecks bowser, theres not much he can do if he's falling from the sky to avoid it because of dk's jumping and falling speed even an airdodge generally just sets you up for a hit anyways... plus the back air's speed and prioty can be trixy for bowser to get around, but experience helps vs that one its not impossible

bowser can garbage kill dk pretty easily though, he's easy to tech chase and generally fairly easy to kill...

basically this matchup is all about grabs, and dk just has an easier time getting those grabs IMO

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
..... Bowser?
not LITTERALLY 50-50! XDD

I mean...who does Bowser have a even match with? Like, not someone who has a advantage of him, but not someone who HE has a avantage of (Ex: like how Marth Vs. Peach is a even fight, even though Marth is Peach's counter).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
err.. well idk its close..

In my humble opinion

Bowser doesn't have too many "even matches" I could go off my experiences and say

Bowser Vs. Mario- Depending on the players this one is a really good match
Bowser Vs. Pichu- Bowser can usually rapesauce a pichu but a good one.. that is dead even imo

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rapesauce....an exotic flavor lol

Now I have another question. I feel-hell, KNOW Bowser will be in SSB: Brawl. I mean, he's the King of Koopas, man! But, if you was in charge of the game, what type of new moves you'll give him. How would you prepare bowser in general?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Brawl Movesets always are a no-no around here ;)

But honestly i pretty much would like him the same with a little less lag

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
attaway kev, way to ban them suckas from brawl talk

anyways, bowser is fairly even vs like... yoshi and pika... and uhh... i dunno i dont really feel threatened by most of the low tiers lol

i like bowser vs ganon alot, haha

EDIT: bowser vs mario is by no means an even matchup, its in mario's favor by a fair amount, not to bad though

bowser ***** pichu XD

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Idk gimpy...

Pichu vs. Bowser can be kinda trixy

Depending on the circumstances i guess...

And i thought yoshi was **** on Bowser.. his Dair and Bair manage to hit for a lot... and your shielded fortress seems to be the only thing you have going for you

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ha, yoshi is weak sauce, hes ridiculously easy to edgeguard, and just easy to hit in general IMO

i've never really struggled vs a yoshi before

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yoshi is totes not weak sauce..

Bair> Bowser's big body
Up-Throw to Dair> Bowsers Big Body

In general most of Yoshi's moves can destroy a bowser... then again i've never played one, but i have played as yoshi against one... maybe he just sucked?!?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It soooooo does not wipe the floor, the exhibition match we had was very close and that's how itll stay :mad:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
EDIT: bowser vs mario is by no means an even matchup, its in mario's favor by a fair amount, not to bad though
What about Dr. Mario? Still the same or somehow different?

Also, how long would it take for a smasher to learn Bowser at a average level and behond? Not to mention how difficult it is to control the King of Koopas?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Have you played bowser before.. you've pretty much learned him...

Oh you could always read my guide

SHAMELESS PLUG FTW

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I can understand Bowser's airs outprioritizing Pichu's airs. I can also understand spacing a bair/fair can make the matchup hard. But shouldn't Pichu's size and speed help him get around those things and help him place conatant pressure on the Bowser?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Have you played bowser before.. you've pretty much learned him...

Oh you could always read my guide

SHAMELESS PLUG FTW
....yeah, that was a bit of a stupid question. I hope Gimpyfish don't fowrard B my head off for that one...=/

Now let's get a bit serious. How would a bowser overcome someone who's playing Peach?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
spacing is key just like vs marth, edgeguarding peach isn't so bad, up tilts are good, dsmash is pretty good, you can beat dsmash with fortress so peach will be a little thrown off, avoid turnips, and yes, that is possible if you play intelligently...

i dont have time for specifics, i enjoy bowser vs peach, its not SO bad, but its not a great match for bowser, bowser kills peach at pretty low % where peach doesn't really get that luxury...

yeah i'll be back later to give more details because thats pretty freakin generic. lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
can we just end every character specific thing now gimpy here let me do it for you

ATTENTION BOWSER USERS!

IF YOUR GOING TO FIGHT SOMEONE THAT ISN'T PICHU
THIS IS HOW YOU WIN

PROPER SPACING
DON'T PLAY STUPID
DON'T MISS YOUR EDGEGUARDS

GG

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
spacing is like the most important part of bowser, even more important than edgeguarding ;P

but no, theres more specific stuff than that with most chars in the caes of edgeguards and what not...

yeah dont play stupid.
lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea but like you said mainly in the case of edgeguarding.. its not like you completely switch up your game from one character to the next and in my opinion edgeguarding is all about feel...

In other news i had a kid yesterday tell me that any kid could win a tourney with any character if they're good enough with their character.. i actually found it kind of insulting hah

SoxSoxy1

Smash Cadet
Well its possible but so much harder for some characters.Its so fufilling though when you win a game where no one thought you would win based on character match ups.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So what your saying pretty much is that people like me and gimpy, don't have a good enough grasp on our characters to win, i know thats not what you mean but thats what it sounds like

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
Hey Gimpy, here's a question: why is it that no Bowsers chomp after grabbin with the koopa claw? I've gotten into the habit of throwin right after grabbin myself, but im not entirely sure why. Is it just so they dont get a chance to DI properly?

Top Bottom