• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dude gimpy why would you want to get them off the ledge boozers edgeguard game sucks..

Haha no but seriously please help us with the Marth Match-up if i get owned one more time by a marth its gonna be painful...

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
What do you L-Cancel with, L or R?
What do you jump with, stick, X or Y?
Wavedash, L or R?
Do you use C-Stick for air attacks?
Have you ever done a suicide koopa claw back throw stage spike?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I hate those questions.. i know its not a question directed towards me.. but i hate them

Look man find your own style whatever is the most comfortable for you that will help you in the long run..

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
l cancel the exact same time as you do with any other move, klaw whenever you can land it, grab whenever you can land it... whatever will work do it, theres not often a "which one should i do" its just kinda what will land... get them off the edge to edgeguard ftw

dont ever ever EVER capitolize the f in my name again. I'll start warning people for disrespecting mods if it becomes a problem lol

uhhhh money match bowser vs pichu recorded yeayuhz?
why is it capitalized in your sig then?

am i the only one that thinks that gimpyfish sort of abuses his mod powers? really, what does closing almost every single thread in the bowser forums accomplish?

bowser will never develop if there's no room for discussion.

i hope you're not serious about the 'f' thing, GimpyFish ;)

edit: i'm not trying to down you, gfish, it's just that i think that we need more freedom to post and such; the more bowser is discussed, the better we as players get.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
why is it capitalized in your sig then?

am i the only one that thinks that gimpyfish sort of abuses his mod powers? really, what does closing almost every single thread in the bowser forums accomplish?

bowser will never develop if there's no room for discussion.

i hope you're not serious about the 'f' thing, GimpyFish ;)

edit: i'm not trying to down you, gfish, it's just that i think that we need more freedom to post and such; the more bowser is discussed, the better we as players get.
Look at the threads that have been closed ******* Gimpy only closes threads that are pointless or that have been answered.. he keeps up with the forum like a mod should

When Does Boozer look the Kutteessssttt- oh a lot of serious discussion and help could come out of there.

Bowser Firebreath Cancel- Known about that one for a couple of years.. why leave it open for discussion we all know how to do it and its mentioned in my guide

I need help with some character some character marth jiggs- We have a stickied character matchup which covers i think two of the characters he named.. so why not ask there

How many Kevins Play Bowser- Me... Kevinnn.. Projekt... Wow i learned a lot right there

We are blessed for being boozer players- a spam topic compliments of me to say that we have no spam.. boy i should have left that alone :chuckle:

The Bowser Oath- A funny little post from Sol that now belongs in the stickied talk about bowser thread

As a Semi Noob- all his questions were answered thread closed

Gimpy's Birthday- Ok that was mod abuse but he admits it and you know what, we all had fun with it no harm done and we thought it was funny

Sup B-Boy Playas- There was a lot of pointless flaming and nothing got accomplished

Where Is Stubert- CAOTIC can do whatever the **** he wants :)

Bowser is the worst character in the game- Thats just pointless when we're discussing about bowser and trying to better him.. plus he didn't back it up just flamed the character.. besides Kirby is the worst :chuckle:

What do you like about bowser- more pointless flaming.. and the owner of the thread got his question answered and asked it to be closed

So in essence he never at nay point used any sort of mod abuse.. in fact quite the opposite he closed threads quickly and efficiently to avoid pointless spam.. GG Nublet

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I have trouble when im being approached. If i shield i'll get shield stunned or grabbed, jumping isnt fast enough, and wave dashing often doesn't move me back far enough. I know one move isnt going to work for all situations, but what do you do a few?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Up-B out of his shield is a good idea.. the fortress can be used to knock opponents away or in a pinch a quick escape.. learn the ways of the fortress my friend

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I have trouble when im being approached. If i shield i'll get shield stunned or grabbed, jumping isnt fast enough, and wave dashing often doesn't move me back far enough. I know one move isnt going to work for all situations, but what do you do a few?
do as gimpy and use the power of the FORWARD SMASH!!!

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
when is it necessary to use the b+down as an attack, but not as a way to sweetspot the edge

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Use up-b on the ground? Or SHFFLed Nair?

(I was bored so i wrote in this thread...)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Err.. can we have some details of this question instead of pointless spam.. right now that makes no sense, but normally i would recommend never using a shffled nair over a fair.. but specifics instead of just that please

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I think he means in regards to the out of shield attack. (Crackboom's question)

Why would you use a shuffled n-air to escape? It is much easier to be hit out of that then the Up+B--as you are invincible with the up+B before the attack starts (a mere 4 frames later). I don't think the n-air would be faster... and you dont' get to then retreat as quickly.

If he isn't replying to that, i don't get the point of his question: both are situational.

But anywho: KevinM, wouldn't you use a n-air to hit someone more above you, as it takes less time that the u-air and may hit somewhere that b/f-air wouldn't?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer

geeze guys this question is NOTTHAT HARD lol you are completely overcomplicating it

if the person approaches and hits your shield zomg up b!

fortress out of shield is like the simplest thing you can possibly do, if you time it right (and this was possible) peach wouldn't be able to float cancel an arial into SHINE before you up b, it just cant be done.

if the person is grab spammin i dunno, avoid them, lol

or you can fsmash the grab attempt and make them sad haha

btw, nair out of shield is a terrible idea

you can sheild grab most moves, and if they hit you with something especially slow up smash out of shield to punish, yeayuhz.

if you feel really trixy and a fox dash attacks your shield or osmething you can even short hop klaw out of shield every so often

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
hmm, i should use your tag of B-Up to remind me to use it more often.

next question! do you have any videos against a marth, link/ylink, or shiek you could upload? I'd like to see what you do against chain-grabbing also.

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
wait what about my q?

(my friend actually might have 2 or 3 vids of his marth v my bowser..)

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
...............im not following...lol

ok next ?

when is it ok to use flame (w/ or w/out flame cancel)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
When they are trying to return from the stage. Basically edguarding , or...when you are higher on a platform like on Battlefield or Dream Land 64.
Even that is situational.. Especially with edgeguarding.. Bowser has a bunch of better options for edgeguarding... why tack on extra damage when you can just tilt them off the edge?

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Even that is situational.. Especially with edgeguarding.. Bowser has a bunch of better options for edgeguarding... why tack on extra damage when you can just tilt them off the edge?
I'm lazy...and besides I like using Falco's Metor Spike a lot more. :chuckle: Plus...I mess up when I try to edgeguard when I'm boozer. Sometimes my fortresshogging err sometimes doesn't work. >.>

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
firebreath is good, most people use it horribly

its a nice little surprise tactic, flame cancel imean, it really is a lot less useful w/o flame cancel XD

flame cancel instead of tech out of combos sometimes, it can really screw people up haha

ummmm ledgehop flame cancel pretty much ***** those who know how to space properly for getup attack punishes haha

as far as edgeguarding goes, its a really good setup against certain characters, especially space animals, to set them up for a missed sweetspot. generally speaking if you are constantly getting hit with something every time you up b (like in the case of firebreath, or needles or osething like that also) you tend to kinda spam up b until you make it back... thats just what you want because if they miss a sweetspot it makes your edgeguards about three hundred times easier

next question! do you have any videos against a marth, link/ylink, or shiek you could upload? I'd like to see what you do against chain-grabbing also.
i'm currently not really able to post any videos of anything, and i dont have much vs marths link OR ylink... as far as "what do do against chain-grabbing".... basically you either dont get grabbed, or you get *****. vs characters that can chain bowser (like... most characters actually lol) you almost have to play like its vs iceys, where you consider one grab one stock because thats how it is.

ummm i'm gonna HOPEFULLY be money matching and recording vs Deva, a surprisingly good link (hes pretty campy too so it'll be good for you guys to hopefully see how to deal with projectile spam) and hopefully he gets the videos so they will actually be uploaded haha

so yeah, eventually i'll have vids vs a REALLY good marth, vs a good link, and i might as well record a set (aka 2 matches of me losing) vs silent wolf's sheik so you can see how much fun it is to watch bowser get *****. (its actually really sad lol)

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
so yeah, eventually i'll have vids vs a REALLY good marth, vs a good link, and i might as well record a set (aka 2 matches of me losing) vs silent wolf's sheik so you can see how much fun it is to watch bowser get *****. (its actually really sad lol)
lol, i have the perfect response to that http://youtube.com/watch?v=9tG8wRdlSL0

anyway, i did talk to my friend and we could record some more matches on friday.

TJJ

Smash Cadet
So your the best bowser in the world? country? what are you?

It's a stupid question, I know, but I'm not a bowser player and I would like to find out.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
really really really old videos of luke vs eddie are still fun to watch, but i'm pretty sure a reasonable sheik that cares in any way decimates bowser and HARD.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
really really really old videos of luke vs eddie are still fun to watch, but i'm pretty sure a reasonable sheik that cares in any way decimates bowser and HARD.
nothing will beat this comment

I have to start chaingrabbing
You have to start being good... BUT YOUR NOT

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
mr. Gimpy Fish sixty-two, are there any scenarios where one would be able to land a fully-charged forward smash without playing against a braindead opponent? because that would be the CUTEST thing in bowser history.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
haha Kevvviiinnn you gotta stay with the annoying gimpy stage and also make a vid request for said f-smash haha

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
fully charged fsmash edgeguard is unavoidable sometimes, unless you just pull back because you dont want to give the satisfaction

dunno if i have vids, but i've done it many many times

it goes
BOOM

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
australia is a very very very long way away... if i could convince stubert to join maybe me n him would go visit caotic sometime, but it'd be incredibly hard to arange o.O

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
"Start the Koopa Troop?" It started in 05' and it's fo lyfe, bro! Stubert has already been to Australia, USA and Canada, I second that, and Gimpy's the Australia virgin. tsk tsk tsk... <3 wub Gimpy lmfao :)

OHOHOH! I have a querstion? why are there a dozen sticky threads?

"Sticky: The "whatever you want to talk about in regards to bowser" thread"

Worst. Sticky. Ever.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha i dont know why i stickied this one, probably to keep it apparent that spam has no place anywhere but here XD

i was gonna remove a few, but meh, whateva

Rage.

Smash Ace
Heres a good question Gimpyfish, Why arent you playing Bowser in your crew's combo video preview?

When I saw your name and then Ganondorf I was sadend

Top Bottom