• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Against Link. When your L-cancelled arials are shielded, he shoots out his hookshot and I always try to spot dodge, but either the lag on the spot dodge is too high, or the L-cancel just doesn't cut enough time from the post-lag animation. How would Gimpy approach a situation like this? I have this problem with all other characters too, except that with Link, you can't avoid the grab by distancing your attacks (mainly fair).

Edit: So I guess my question is, should I go for the spot dodge or fortress, or is there an alternative?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
fortress i guess... dont spotdodge haha its slow and horrible and punishable. only useful in some very specific moments.

klaw his shield instead and avoid the problem completely XD

QT honestly i've been thinkin about it a lot what with the child coming and all... I dont know we will have to discuss that further later.

kevin i have on clue wtf you just posted BUT YOUR SPAM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ANYMORE.

qt you have limited spam abilies, but dont go to far. XD (meaning dont make topics about how i'm gone when you know i'm gone -_-)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
most tourneys do, those stages SHOULDNT be banned

uhhh mute city has no edges, which means no getup attack, but it also means that you have ridiculously easy fsmash edgeguards against a LOT of characters... overall though? i'd have ot say not a good bowser stage.

pokefloats you also lose the edge advantages but the stage is pretty massive too, some chars could camp you pretty hard there but kills aren't to hard to get... i dunno, i wouldn't advise you to COUNTER on pokefloats but i dont like freak out when somebody does i guess haha

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
ummm i'm gonna HOPEFULLY be money matching and recording vs Deva, a surprisingly good link (hes pretty campy too so it'll be good for you guys to hopefully see how to deal with projectile spam) and hopefully he gets the videos so they will actually be uploaded haha
Where are these vids? I want to watch these! :( Otherwise, any good links to Bowser vs Link vids?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Gimpy don't you think that Mute City would be a terrible bowser stage clearly for the fact that your bowser is hindered by lack of fortress canceling and other trixies.. the edgeguard is easier but it slows my bowser down a lot.

Idk i haven't played on it to much so I'm not as used to the stage but i know i take an involuntary gulp when i hear it yelled out in a set. F-smash Edgeguarding sure is fun though.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i dont like mute city with bowser at all

high ceiling big stage bowser is just freaking ridicously easy to edgeguard there (so are most chars but still)

i dont like it, i'd say its a pretty bad bowser stage. very slow for bowser T-T

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
When Bowser does his upsmash, his animation shows him actually jump off of the ground. When he appears to be in the air, do low attacks miss? (ie. Sheik's dtilt). I noticed that Ganon's taunt can make low attacks miss...

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMM BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!! I bet you all didn't even know I was gone but deep down you missed me, I KNOW YOU DID!

Anyways.. say you decide that, hell, for no apparent reason you're going to take on 3 noobies at once on smash as bowser, they can pick whoever they want. FF is off. What'd be a good stage for this and have ya got any tips?

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
your questions are piling up, here comes another

Explain to me how to or what are the best situations to tech chase with down throw? Their recovery roll send them much to far away.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
All of these questions are so situational like.. You might as well ask, Whats the best ledgehopped option i have..

A lot of these are spur of the moment things, we can't answer them before it happens for you

Junpappy

Smash Lord
*serious question*

How do I beat Bowser on Yoshi's story?

*less serious question*

How do I beat Gimpyfish on Yoshi's story?

<<<<Falco player

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No like, its possible to answer your questions crack, but like..

When you say how do i tech chase the D-throw..

There are so many variables-

Characters
Percent
What Your Looking to Do

Like know what i'm trying to say?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
:O
I'm starting to play as Bowser, and I've got a question.
Why doesn't his Up-B provide more height boostage?
Srsly, oh ma gawd.

And why is Fair so smexchy?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
you shouldnt have to worry about tech chasing after a dthrow, when i dthrow my friends with bowser, they just stand there with a look on their faces like 'WTF DID BOWSER JUST DO TO MY CHARACTER'. then i do another.

i can actually chain throw them 0-death this way.

i have a question, though...is it ever worth it to use the dsmash as an edgeguard (even when you dont know exactly when theyre going to land), or is there always something better?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well Petre

There is always something better, but if your not comfortable enough with timing and would rather just tack on some damage, then why not..

But honestly it would be a lot better to just throw the good old angled f-tilt out there for an intercept and a stock

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
you shouldnt have to worry about tech chasing after a dthrow, when i dthrow my friends with bowser, they just stand there with a look on their faces like 'WTF DID BOWSER JUST DO TO MY CHARACTER'. then i do another.

i have a question, though...is it ever worth it to use the dsmash as an edgeguard (even when you dont know exactly when theyre going to land), or is there always something better?
I'll make a question based off of yours, and to KevinM's reply.
What would be better to use, U-B, or D-S?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace

It works fine if DC'ed against anyone with long lag after landing their jump. *coughzeldacough* Edgehog to force the landing, then punish. Simple. But like Kev said, there's prolly better options.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so i am wondering what the best options are if you're up against a marth who di's inwards from bowser's dthrow..he's still out of range of an ftilt at most damages...so you can dash attack or flame cancel..SH aerial if you think he's going to jump out..but my brother likes to hover with forward B from di in.

i haven't had any chance to play with it..but it looks like nothing short of dash attack will hit him in time..because of bowser's lag on his dthrow..can i just always make it a practice to dash attack when he di's in? i think it will hit him before he touches down to tech if he's diing inwards.

QTx314159

Smash Apprentice
Wow, haven't been here in a while. Anyway, I promise to keep the spam to a minimum, but I have some very sad news... WE CAN'T GET MARRIED TODAY T____T My cousin got tickets to this Rise Against concert, and I have to go to it, so unless you can get both plane tickets and concert tickets before 7:00 Eastern Time we can't get married. Is tomorrow good for you though?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Gimpy: Why is GGs so crazy good for Bowser? Is it because the edges act like YS's?? And why do they only sometimes work and i slide off the outside edges 20% of the time?

What are we going to counterpick at FC? I like YS ^^

Most importantly: Why are they even having teams when they should just go ahead and give us the winnings?

WAFL team = borken

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dont ever bump again on smashboards

i'll get to these eventually i haven't had time to even look it over i just know theres several new questions

Chanto327

Smash Cadet
Dammit >_<

Well, anyway, on-topic, Is it possible to beat a Lv. 9 Captain on FD with Bowser?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
>_>

Serious question: Is there a good stage for a counter pick against a yoshi? I tried yoshi story, but it only seemed to hinder me (must be doing something wrong)... Also, once bowser hits 100%+, what's the best way to recover back onto the stage?

Chanto327

Smash Cadet
Nevermind the question in my last post. I just beat him. By 2 stocks.

Gimpyfish.....you shall never know how much anger you have caused me this day.....so I leave you with this:

Domon of Gundam Seed said:
Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGER!!!!
*nothing happens*....****......

Top Bottom