• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

hova

Smash Champion
i'm giving real advice

it's definitely easy to blow it with a girl who is mildly interested. it's hard to blow it with a girl who has already made up her mind. if she's kinda into you but unsure, then being overly eager or awkward or having a lack of confidence can help to quickly make up her mind.

you have to be cool, calm, and confident in who you are. if you are the dorkiest mofo on the planet, but are mad confident in yourself and passionate about your interest/hobbies then you are going to come out on top

i don't think having a roster of girls is the best way to go about things, but it will put you at ease and keep you from getting too hung up on one girl. no dude in the history of man acts right when he's really hung up on one girl. sometimes it works out, most times it won't

if you're sure she's into you go ahead and listen to White P; if you think you may have a little more work to put in then lean more towards my advice

step one is always to get the girl interested/into you. you can worry about figuring out if she's your soul mate after that

has no one else seen Hitch!?

Edit: Edreese is my boy

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I think there's a distinct difference in what hova and edreese are saying!

Hova: Using a lineup of *****es to increase your confidence/spread yourself out. Not being overly eager.

Edreese: Not being overly nice.

I agree with not being overly eager or overly nice (who wants to be treated like a princess anyway, let the ***** have some control so there's a mutual feeling of equality.) I just don't agree with "talking to" several people at once. That causes problems! Include women in what you do, even if you dont think they'll like it. That isnt to say don't consider what they want to do, but there's a fine line between "taking care" of a wo(man), and smothering them. I think this is along the same line as not being too nice to them... don't cater to them either. Include them, make it fun, but don't wholly cater to another person's interests. It makes you boring.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You have to temper the idea that you're "phony" with what you believe other people are "acting" like too. People adopt a million things from other people ALL THE TIME. If something comes from within you, that's you, that's yours, and you should be proud of it. But having the confidence to not "play it safe" makes you stand out for you and makes you interesting. I'm certainly not saying there's anything wrong with being a chill, "normal" person, not at all. But if you're different on the inside, what is the sense of covering it up? Thankfully, for me, the me on the inside was reflected on the outside (my physical body), and it is easy for other people to make sense of things when I'm me all the time, even if it takes a little getting used to.

You're also right in saying that nobody is themselves 100% of the time. I'm me when I feel safe, which is for the most part, almost all of the time. But sometimes I don't feel as safe, and I'm not as overtly myself, but usually I respond by just being very open with people. I'm not hiding anything, I don't feel like I should keep secrets, and usually those kinds of situations are dealt with by just being honest with people, who are, more often than not, just curious. They have to be cautious too, there's that whole "associating with the weird person" thing for them too x)

Idk, I know being isolated is a bad thing, but I've always kind of been that way. I've never really been able to hold onto friends, and used to feel very insecure about it, wondering if anyone ever missed me when I wasn't around (and feeling like I was lied to when people said they missed me, utter disbelief!) How I can do it, have a strong love for myself, but a disbelief that other people might honestly like me, I don't know.

I've always held the belief that how I think and what I believe are solely my business. Sure, they can be discussed, but nobody, save myself, can make me think something I don't believe or want to believe in. I dont think you should put much weight into considering other people's beliefs, but you should accept them and be mindful of how it makes them different. Just like anything else.

(And it never hurts to feel yourself superior to others... I think "I'm better" than a lot of people, but it doesn't affect my relationships with them, it merely reinforces "me", and my way of doing things that lead me to hold that belief in the first place.)

If a Christian can believe that his God is better than yours, what can you believe yourself is better than his God? I mean, his belief doesnt change you at the end of the day, and certainly yours will never change his. But you both feel good about yourselves and nobody is hurt. Win/win.

I agree with just about all of this, and it's well said :). However, I really disagree on the superiority part. It feels morally wrong to consider yourself superior to someone else or for anyone to do the same. The one thing I can't stand above just about all else is when I feel someone thinks of me as an inferior or seems to condescend me. I understand that it's somewhat necessary to act that way with occupational superiority or parents to their children, but even that always made me really upset. I could never stand "gritting my teeth" for a boss or my parents...

No, good girls will appreciate guys who say bad things but do good things. You have to say mean things to make her laugh and not think you are trying to get with her, but do good things to make her feel good. This combination will win you out a lot of times. every girl is different though like you implied, but honestly the trend is you have to be somewhat of a **** otherwise you run the risk of looking like you need her real bad, which becomes really unattractive. just don't be extreme and be a complete ****, you have to be generally nice but mean a lot of the time too. i agree with hova..lol.

Trust me, i am a really nice guy in real life, just ask anyone who knows me. but when i'm like that with girls i'm intersted in, it screws over all my chances. you have to exagerate the other side of you a bit for awhile then you can let the nicer side in bit by bit..don't throw it all in at once.
Well, I'll agree that most decent girls, right now, in American society are attracted to this approach. I'm not so sure though if it's always been the case, and not every girl is attracted to that. It does work well in American society though generally, that's for sure. Most of my male friends that act like *******s have no problem with girls. Most of them are really good people on the inside, and I would hope that the girls are falling for their true selves as well at least, and not just the outer surface. What really annoyed me in one case was with an ex-girlfriend of mine. She fell in love with one of my best friends because she liked that he was a **** especially towards her. The real part that annoyed me was that when I pointed out how my friend was a real good guy when it comes down to it, she actually disagreed with me completely o_O . I remember saying something like, "you don't even really know him then, and you're not in love with the real 'him'."

Metatitan

Smash Master
I've gotta agree with both Hova and Edrees. You can't set your sites on one person (this is advice to everyone) because feelings aren't always mutual so it's good to keep your options open with many people (no I'm not saying date many people, just be interested in many). Sorry White xD

Snakeee

Smash Master
What's ironic is the ones that probably have the most trouble finding someone because of personal stuff, are the ones that are the most selective :ohwell:

White-Peach

Smash Ace

I agree with just about all of this, and it's well said :). However, I really disagree on the superiority part. It feels morally wrong to consider yourself superior to someone else or for anyone to do the same. The one thing I can't stand above just about all else is when I feel someone thinks of me as an inferior or seems to condescend me. I understand that it's somewhat necessary to act that way with occupational superiority or parents to their children, but even that always made me really upset. I could never stand "gritting my teeth" for a boss or my parents...
I guess its one of those YMMV-type things. Perhaps it's one of my man-thoughts that you don't share x) (I have them here and there :p) (But please make the distinction that I don't treat people like crap, it's just part of my self-concept... Better to see my body as a rare jewel than a failed experiment kind of deal :p)

The social discussion is alive~

Metatitan

Smash Master
A good lesson is that if you're too picky about your partner when you're no gem yourself then you'll never find anyone (I personally just want a girl with average[or above average :p] looks who isn't annoying).

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I've gotta agree with both Hova and Edrees. You can't set your sites on one person (this is advice to everyone) because feelings aren't always mutual so it's good to keep your options open with many people (no I'm not saying date many people, just be interested in many). Sorry White xD
Like I said, I don't find people attractive very often at all! I mean, it's rare that I find the "type" I find physically attractive around everyday. There arent that many 6'5" wrestler/football player-LOOKING nerds out there. More often than not, the attraction I feel is to people (usually men) who I've known for a while and feel comfortable with. Someone I feel I can talk to, but still have fun with. It is hard to make that connection with several men at once, when I myself am a(n exquisite) nerd, who works almost exclusively with women, and the older population. I had male friends that I spent time with on a regular basis in college/university, and I ended up liking one of them. But when I left to nursing school, it was almost exclusively women.

It doesn't help when your male friends fall off the face of the earth when they find a girlfriend either :| Yall really need to stop doing that.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I guess its one of those YMMV-type things. Perhaps it's one of my man-thoughts that you don't share x) (I have them here and there :p) (But please make the distinction that I don't treat people like crap, it's just part of my self-concept... Better to see my body as a rare jewel than a failed experiment kind of deal :p)

The social discussion is alive~
....Does this mean I have even more feminine traits now? X_X

A good lesson is that if you're too picky about your partner when you're no gem yourself then you'll never find anyone (I personally just want a girl with average[or above average :p] looks who isn't annoying).
Hey, I'm not saying I'm not a gem :p . People tell me I'm attractive, and I've been approached before and all that. That's not the point anyway. First off, I don't care all so much about looks even though there may be a limit realistically. Other things are much more important such as what kind of person they are, their personality, etc. The thing is someone like me actually kind of needs to be selective in extra senses. I don't fit in with the stereotypical male role, and I feel that I need to find a girl that doesn't really fit her 'traditional' role either. I've compromised on this before, and it more or less ended in disaster. >_>

Metatitan

Smash Master
It doesn't help when your male friends fall off the face of the earth when they find a girlfriend either :| Yall really need to stop doing that.
Your fault for not making a move. Girls need to stop expecting guys to do all the work nowadays, you have equal rights you know :p!

Hey, I'm not saying I'm not a gem :p . People tell me I'm attractive, and I've been approached before and all that. That's not the point anyway. First off, I don't care all so much about looks even though there may be a limit realistically. Other things are much more important such as what kind of person they are, their personality, etc. The thing is someone like me actually kind of needs to be selective in extra senses. I don't fit in with the stereotypical male role, and I feel that I need to find a girl that doesn't really fit her 'traditional' role either. I've compromised on this before, and it more or less ended in disaster. >_>
Of course you're attractive, almost all lesbians get hot points :p.

On the more serious note, what you're describing is a serious relationship (engagement/marriage material). You're young, have fun and then commit. At least that's my opinion.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Being picky isnt always about looks! The last two boys I've liked:

Guy A: Funny. Good conversationalist. Whiney. Difficult. Insensitive. Above average, but poor self-esteem and confidence. I liked him because I was just *that* comfortable with him that I felt like I was missing something when he wasn't around. It was also one of those finish-the-others-sentence type deals. Known him for like 5-6 years. He's not the most thoughtful, but he listens to what I say. He pisses me off, and apologizes, and is careful not to make the same mistake again. I try to do what he says as well :) We've fought several times and always made up. I don't like him that way anymore, but I can honestly say I love him more than any other guy and hope the best for him so I can see him get married someday to someone he loves.

Guy B: Funny. Chill. Self-esteem kinda sucky? (he didn't seem like he wasnt confident, but he described himself as a short, flabby white guy). Cute smile. Fun to be around. We didn't talk ALL THE TIME like with Guy A, but he gave me the hots something awful. He made me forget that I was different than he was. Known him for 4 years, but don't know nearly as much about him as Guy A because he has always had a gf (hey, I said I just liked them, not that I was with them!) and very faithful. The "awesome boyfriend"-ness of him made him attractive.

I just want an average guy who's fun and makes me feel special. My little brother (gay) always thinks the guys I find attractive are ugly, so I clearly don't have the best tastes. I like the boy next door look! Real people!

White-Peach

Smash Ace
No, just that I might have some masculine traits that you don't, and vice-versa. It's hard to describe, but I don't think of myself as all that feminine in my head... I guess? Sometimes yeah (usually when taking sides where boys say stupid **** lol), but most of the time I don't. So complicated.

Your fault for not making a move. Girls need to stop expecting guys to do all the work nowadays, you have equal rights you know :p!
I'm not a girl. (Surprise music! Confetti!)

I told Guy A that I liked him a long time ago. He's cool with it and we're still friends. But now, after that ended, he still thinks I'm trying to get at him = = I'm like "You're not THAT cute!" and he "Q_Q"s me. (So cute!)

You're young, have fun and then commit. At least that's my opinion.
Meta, that just sounded like something a really, really old person might say :laugh:

This is the mindset I have with just about schooling years. Between the first 18 years of a person's life they spend simply trying to understand themselves and the future they want to have. How many enter college with on idea, only to end up changing it in the end? Lots.

So, how could someone ever have extra time to devote not only to themselves, but to another in a relation? It just seems impossible. I say wait until you are settled in to stable part of your life before devoting to someone else.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Meta, that just sounded like something a really, really old person might say :laugh:

This is the mindset I have with just about schooling years. Between the first 18 years of a person's life they spend simply trying to understand themselves and the future they want to have. How many enter college with on idea, only to end up changing it in the end? Lots.

So, how could someone ever have extra time to devote not only to themselves, but to another in a relation? It just seems impossible. I say wait until you are settled in to stable part of your life before devoting to someone else.
I think this is why I had so much trouble with relationships from the get go (since even 7th grade). No one would really take them too seriously, and I would get soooo mad at how others approached them. Like when a girl broke up with me one time her friend was like "What are you so upset about?....It's not like you were going to marry her or anything lol." That mindset always frustrated me. I didn't want to just mess around with whoever like most people did (and still do at my age). My entire goal is to find one person I truly want to be with, and it was next to impossible because no one else I knew felt that way, so all it really led to was heartbreak for me...

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I think this is why I had so much trouble with relationships from the get go (since even 7th grade). No one would really take them too seriously, and I would get soooo mad at how others approached them. Like when a girl broke up with me one time her friend was like "What are you so upset about?....It's not like you were going to marry her or anything lol." That mindset always frustrated me. I didn't want to just mess around with whoever like most people did (and still do at my age). My entire goal is to find one person I truly want to be with, and it was next to impossible because no one else I knew felt that way, so all it really led to was heartbreak for me...
Same views man~(lesbian)

People could be so happy if they didn't waste time with people they didnt like. I mean, the girl you're in a relationship with right now who you dont care about, she could be really happy with someone who really cared about her, and so could you!

Yay! I am getting quoted I feel part of the Peachy community ^_^ lol

While it would certainly be nice to have that experience, I understood long ago that no one would really ever understand me. Hundreds of people I tried to get to know could never understand me. So, I just gave up trying to make any friends and instead just talked to whoever would be willing enough to listen. Now, I have hundreds of aquintances. No friends, but it'll happen when it happens. Just haven't found anyone who understands me yet.

I understand you, afterall, I also enjoy hot anime girls kicking *** with swords. ;P
:laugh: I said I had a lot of people I knew. So they understand me on a basic level, but really that's about it. Anything past that and people start leaving for one reason or another.

Successful relationship? ****, sorry man. I didn't mean for me to tell you this way but, your mother and I well...maybe at the next tournament I can spill it all.
Does this mean Metatitin has a new baby brother or sister coming?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Eww, who talks about girls.

Does anyone use the User CP subscription system? Has anyone else noticed a change in how it works? Once you read something it disappears off the list. I think I like it.

Also, what should I do for my 4000th post?

No idea about the usercp subscription thingy.

Dont' attend tournaments, never played anyone offline. Cannot help out. Sorry DP.

Huh? what are you talking about dude? What are you sorry for?
Exhibit A is the following quote.

Help out and show just how good Peach is. But please follow the rules in the post.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268288
After reading the sentence and thread I concluded you need tournament results to help out. Self confliction begins in my head over how I have not attended tournaments yet. Self pity takes over as I realize I cannot help DP out. Thus, my response is an apology.

Anyway, I'm learning online for the time being before I start out at tournaments. Mostly my accessablity to them offline is extremely limited.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Exhibit A is the following quote.

After reading the sentence and thread I concluded you need tournament results to help out. Self confliction begins in my head over how I have not attended tournaments yet. Self pity takes over as I realize I cannot help DP out. Thus, my response is an apology.

Anyway, I'm learning online for the time being before I start out at tournaments. Mostly my accessablity to them offline is extremely limited.
Do you always speak in a narrative fashion? o_O . You should write a book lol

I do not write in a narrative fashion all the time. I never really thought about it. Occasionally, I type/speak in different ways to express myself differently. I thought trying to point it out in that particular way was best answering DP's question. I hope. lol

And, I could never write a proper book. It wouldn't have enough detail in it to be any good. Might be able to do short stories if I took the time to apply myself.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
7 days........7 days till I turn 22.......Nooooooo!!!!!fghfdghfdghsdf!!! - dont wanna turn 22. I dont wanna ****it!! Why me!?! Let the others turn 22 this year but not me! Mmmmmmmmmmmph!!!!

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
7 days........7 days till I turn 22.......Nooooooo!!!!!fghfdghfdghsdf!!! - dont wanna turn 22. I dont wanna ****it!! Why me!?! Let the others turn 22 this year but not me! Mmmmmmmmmmmph!!!!
if it make you feel better. I turn 22 this year as well. I'm going to megacon this weekend. I hope to find some peach stuff =). I wish hiroi can find a ticket so we can take sexy pics.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Not really. I dont care much for getting older. I just dont wanna leave 21. Once I hit 22, I am just gonna feel bleh. There is nothingspecial about me and I am not excited about my B-days.

But this girl I been talking too has made me more cheerful than I would usually be. I love talking to her. I think I am in love. But same time I am not gonna hold my breath here. Cause I dont wanna get hurt by another girl again. So I'm not gonna get to excited about this. Idk what I do if I get my hopes crushed again.

Top Bottom