• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
what is it then? style? art form?
I guess it might be style. Though I dont think that is the case. I dont have that feel for drawining like I use too. and my pics dont usually come out they way I want them too. And it annoys me.

You are all fattys. :mad:

<3
Air, you out of all people should not be talking.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I guess it might be style. Though I dont think that is the case. I dont have that feel for drawining like I use too. and my pics dont usually come out they way I want them too. And it annoys me.

Air, you out of all people should not be talking.

Paying careful attention to whatever it is your studying is typically how you get better. And by that i mean drawing nudes/still life. Its not easy its tedious and hard work sitting down for a few hours to draw. Cant let yourself be frustrated by it, sometimes its good to make bad work or drawings that are fast-- this way we stop babying the work more

the drawings in my aib profile are just doodles, after playing and studying ddd for a long while you start to memorize key frames

White-Peach

Smash Ace
You can stack rolling crates?
Yessir~ The 5th one is the hardest. Just get to the rolling crate on the item select, then jump and press start and stack them. Don't pres A too fast or they wont land on eachother. But yeah. Bridge of Eldin. Wall of hitboxes. MK on the far end. Fun ensues xD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Paying careful attention to whatever it is your studying is typically how you get better. And by that i mean drawing nudes/still life. Its not easy its tedious and hard work sitting down for a few hours to draw. Cant let yourself be frustrated by it, sometimes its good to make bad work or drawings that are fast-- this way we stop babying the work more

the drawings in my aib profile are just doodles, after playing and studying ddd for a long while you start to memorize key frames
My style of drawing is anime. I use to be int still life. But got bored of it. I was really good at ait. But I did not find it as fun to draw. So switched to anime./manga.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That thing looks fun. I'll check out.

But I have a problem I think some of you can help me out with. I like this girl I been talking too alot lately. We dont know that much about each other But we have some good things in common. And she is not that far away from me nether. She is really cool. But idk how to go on about this. I am in no rush or anything and wanna get to know her more. But outside of Amber I never actually had a GF before. And have no clue if I am actually BF material. Same time I am not even sure if she likes me. or will for that matter once we get to know each other more. I don't wanna screw this up, but same time I am not sure I'm actually gonna get a girlfriend for once. Too much running through my mind atm. I'm not the most attractive guy in the world are the ones girls would want but idk if I would even have a shot.

hova

Smash Champion
That thing looks fun. I'll check out.

But I have a problem I think some of you can help me out with. I like this girl I been talking too alot lately. We dont know that much about each other But we have some good things in common. And she is not that far away from me nether. She is really cool. But idk how to go on about this. I am in no rush or anything and wanna get to know her more. But outside of Amber I never actually had a GF before. And have no clue if I am actually BF material. Same time I am not even sure if she likes me. or will for that matter once we get to know each other more. I don't wanna screw this up, but same time I am not sure I'm actually gonna get a girlfriend for once. Too much running through my mind atm. I'm not the most attractive guy in the world are the ones girls would want but idk if I would even have a shot.
you should immediately begin talking to two more girls. the more females you talk to the less pressure you'll feel that you might somehow mess it up. once the fear of failure is gone you'll be much calmer and project more confidence. you'll also avoid any potential of making yourself seem needy

in all seriousness i highly suggest putting a few more females on your roster for now. even if you're not that interested in them

there is absolutely no substitute for pure confidence

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I love your avatar Dark.
Thanks. She is my favorite Card. Dark Magician was my favorite. But I became a beast with Dark Magician girl combos that she takes first place.

you should immediately begin talking to two more girls. the more females you talk to the less pressure you'll feel that you might somehow mess it up. once the fear of failure is gone you'll be much calmer and project more confidence. you'll also avoid any potential of making yourself seem needy

in all seriousness i highly suggest putting a few more females on your roster for now. even if you're not that interested in them

There isnt that many girls around that I am interested in. I'm actually lucky to find a girl like this and is not far away from me. it's rare that this happens. This first time this happen was with a girl from upstate NY. She was japanese. We were getting close but she had to move to japan. This was in 2006. Then ran into Amber in 2007. and I already explain the horrid story to that. 2010 and I met this one girl. I'm just hope third time is seriously the charm.

Also, I dont think I am the type of guy to talk with mutiples girls at once. cause if I get attached to one girl andthe tothers get attached to me, it's gonna be alot of problems. I wanna avoid that and not hurt anyone. I dont wanna come off as some player ether cause I am not.

White-Peach

Smash Ace

/rage

Don't let the other girls find out about eachother.

Hova, you're doing BAD THINGS by spoiling his "1 woman" idea. Idk about you, but I wouldn't want to be used to boost someone else's confidence! Sure this is man-talk time, but man-talk is almost always awful. I mean, as long as everyone is aware that things are NSA (at least gay people are up front about it), it's okay, but usually people think they're important when you "talk" to them.

You don't need women for confidence, you just need to like yourself :| Using other people as a means to deceive yourself into thinking that you're "good enough" to be liked is stupid, and an awful thing to do to someone else. Much less several people at once.

/endrage

Make female friends. Make guy friends. Just make friends and do stuff. Things usually happen to normal people. But going about it with a strategy, with a lineup (a guy at work told me about this, disgusting) is just asking for trouble. Just be an honest person, confident but humble. You'll get respect for that.

I talk as if this has happened to me, but we all know it hasn't and that I'm frigid and untrusting of other people.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Idunno if that's always true because I get along with women GREAT, but my relationships never work out well really :(

...my case is weird though bc I'm looking for something very specific, and they'd have to be into someone like me >_>

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Idunno if that's always true because I get along with women GREAT, but my relationships never work out well really :(

...my case is weird though bc I'm looking for something very specific, and they'd have to be into someone like me >_>
Things usually happen to normal people.
Special circumstances.

I get along with men and women just fine, but there's the reality that you can only be so different before people start being unable to see you as attractive. Or they might secretly find you attractive, but are unable/unwilling to ever tell you because they don't want to be thought of as weird by association. Real talk.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Special circumstances.

I get along with men and women just fine, but there's the reality that you can only be so different before people start being unable to see you as attractive. Or they might secretly find you attractive, but are unable/unwilling to ever tell you because they don't want to be thought of as weird by association. Real talk.
Aw, I'm sure there's some truth to that, but there's always someone out there for everyone.

Btw, I hate the typical male mindset as well. It sucks extra because I'm in college, and it's not even just the guys but all college kids want to do is get drunk and have sex all the time -_- . My roomate's with some random girl right now actually. He's with someone new like every day, and unlike most guy's that would say "he's the man" for doing that, I just find it sleazy and disgusting to be honest. :ohwell:

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Me too, I don't see the interest in being with a lot of different people. I don't want all those people touching me like that... I just dont find people attractive very often at all, and find the people that are overly free with themselves, disgusting :p

Thankfully, while in college, none of my roommates had sex in my room :) The first guy was doing some underaged highschool girl at home, the second had a LTR with a girl at another school (he went there), and the 3rd guy was never with woman (fat, unattractive, nerdy). I moved back home to start nursing school, so that was the end of that~

Smashboards are your one trip stop for getting everything from frame data, match-up advice and dating information :laugh:

Sorry, that one aspect of the smashboards never fails to amuse me. I still need a peachy mentor :urg:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Smashboards are your one trip stop for getting everything from frame data, match-up advice and dating information :laugh:

Sorry, that one aspect of the smashboards never fails to amuse me. I still need a peachy mentor :urg:
I been busy. But I'm still your teacher. Give me some time.

And I agree with what White-Peach said. And thats how I feel about it.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Special circumstances.

This makes me want to punch those kind of people. Just speak up!!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
My style of drawing is anime. I use to be int still life. But got bored of it. I was really good at ait. But I did not find it as fun to draw. So switched to anime./manga.
alot of what the japanese do even in anime is the use of alot of geometric form, which is what alot of their 16th-17th century drawings and pantings were. But for the most part most of them did study real life at one point in time. Its hard to draw it unless you know what type of style your going after first

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
oh Dark.Pch I still have my first ever secret rare Dark Magician Girl in my deck. Its been years and she is my second oldest card I own. The first is my Injection Fairy Lily.

gantrain05

Smash Master
if people think that your strange, let them think your strange, as long as you are being who you are.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wait a second.....White Peach I don't really like how you counted us out from "normal people." I'm sure it's a lot trickier for you, but everyone is human and you seem to have much more decency than most people I know. Yeah, it's a given that a lot of people will act as you've said, but that's mostly societal bias I think along with ignorance. Anyway, I'm probably reading too much into this and you seem like you respect yourself and all. I just didn't want to ignore that one.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
alot of what the japanese do even in anime is the use of alot of geometric form, which is what alot of their 16th-17th century drawings and pantings were. But for the most part most of them did study real life at one point in time. Its hard to draw it unless you know what type of style your going after first
I have my style down. So getting one is not a problem. But having the still life experience that I have helped alot. Same time I wacthed Yu-Gi-Oh and Megaman NT warrior when I was younger. So I use to draw them both. Then decided to combine both styles of drawing into one.

oh Dark.Pch I still have my first ever secret rare Dark Magician Girl in my deck. Its been years and she is my second oldest card I own. The first is my Injection Fairy Lily.
That's cool. I always wanted that one. This is the Dark Magician Card I own now It it was always my favorite when I first seen the japanese version. I actually owned the japanese version as well. That was so Hard to get.

Peach isn't going anywhere anyway DP. So, I can wait when your ready. If you ever get that wifi back up i think that would be really beneifical to teaching people.

I always liked mirror force. No idea why, I just do. I got lucky one day because someone found a crappy condition of the card one day and didn't need it. So, I was given it. I don't care if it's not in mint condition, just to say I have it is pretty good.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I might buy a router on friday And I'll use that to get on that wirless signal that wont allow my wii to get on.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Wait a second.....White Peach I don't really like how you counted us out from "normal people." I'm sure it's a lot trickier for you, but everyone is human and you seem to have much more decency than most people I know. Yeah, it's a given that a lot of people will act as you've said, but that's mostly societal bias I think along with ignorance. Anyway, I'm probably reading too much into this and you seem like you respect yourself and all. I just didn't want to ignore that one.
I don't see myself as a normal person, but that isn't a bad thing to me. I really love myself and my body, which isn't something that was always true. I feel like I'm at a high time in my life, all of the work I've done all these years is coming to fruition, and I've completely turned around how I see myself and no longer hate the things about myself that make me different. I love the things I used to hate, which makes me feel like the only thing I lack is someone else to like the things I like about myself.

But I understood that I would be pushing myself further and further away from "normal" people when I decided not to hide the things that made me different. I had to choose between being happy with the person I was (the person I could never truly change), or live trying to be someone I wasn't, and try to hide the things about myself that were different, hoping someone would like THAT person. In the end I chose to be the best person I could be, sacrificing nothing except a "normal" appearance, and live with the peace that my mind and my body made sense. If nobody came to love me for the person that I was, at least I was honest with everyone about who I was, and lived as the person I wanted to be. I'm not saying one way or the other is easier, they both have their ups and downs, but I'm happy with who I am now, which is something that I'm happy to be able to say. (I am noticing some changes though, things that I'm not used to, and I'm strongly considering going on hormone replacement therapy to "fix" when I have a nursing job and health benefits.)

You seem happy with yourself though, which is good. I didn't mean anything negative by saying that we're not "normal", I always considered myself above-average :D Or at the very least, outside of the realm of criticism by "normal" people. I mean really, who are they to tell me how best to do what only I can do? :p /ego

Snakeee

Smash Master
I really like that response :)
I'm trying to be more true to myself in general lately too. I was such a phony my whole life, and I used to go through a million phases based on whatever my friends were doing in order to fit in. No one can ever be 100% themselves though; well it wouldn't make sense anyway. It's our nature to speak differently towards each person usually to try and find a way to associate best with them or find a common ground.

Also, that last part is good but I think isolating yourself too much can be a bad thing. I often over-think how I feel I'm a lot different than everyone else in general, not just with the male-lesbian issue, but on a lot of other topics such as my beliefs and philosophy. Because of that I sometimes start trying to evaluate myself with others, and worry too much about who's superior or inferior. We're all human beings, and have similar enough capacities.

hova

Smash Champion
haha... why are you yelling at me White Peach

Dark don't listen to the nice guy advice. You have to lock the girl down first before you can go all sensitive and nice. Above all else don't be too eager, like puppy dog eager; don't do that

White-Peach

Smash Ace
You have to temper the idea that you're "phony" with what you believe other people are "acting" like too. People adopt a million things from other people ALL THE TIME. If something comes from within you, that's you, that's yours, and you should be proud of it. But having the confidence to not "play it safe" makes you stand out for you and makes you interesting. I'm certainly not saying there's anything wrong with being a chill, "normal" person, not at all. But if you're different on the inside, what is the sense of covering it up? Thankfully, for me, the me on the inside was reflected on the outside (my physical body), and it is easy for other people to make sense of things when I'm me all the time, even if it takes a little getting used to.

You're also right in saying that nobody is themselves 100% of the time. I'm me when I feel safe, which is for the most part, almost all of the time. But sometimes I don't feel as safe, and I'm not as overtly myself, but usually I respond by just being very open with people. I'm not hiding anything, I don't feel like I should keep secrets, and usually those kinds of situations are dealt with by just being honest with people, who are, more often than not, just curious. They have to be cautious too, there's that whole "associating with the weird person" thing for them too x)

Idk, I know being isolated is a bad thing, but I've always kind of been that way. I've never really been able to hold onto friends, and used to feel very insecure about it, wondering if anyone ever missed me when I wasn't around (and feeling like I was lied to when people said they missed me, utter disbelief!) How I can do it, have a strong love for myself, but a disbelief that other people might honestly like me, I don't know.

I've always held the belief that how I think and what I believe are solely my business. Sure, they can be discussed, but nobody, save myself, can make me think something I don't believe or want to believe in. I dont think you should put much weight into considering other people's beliefs, but you should accept them and be mindful of how it makes them different. Just like anything else.

(And it never hurts to feel yourself superior to others... I think "I'm better" than a lot of people, but it doesn't affect my relationships with them, it merely reinforces "me", and my way of doing things that lead me to hold that belief in the first place.)

If a Christian can believe that his God is better than yours, what can you believe yourself is better than his God? I mean, his belief doesnt change you at the end of the day, and certainly yours will never change his. But you both feel good about yourselves and nobody is hurt. Win/win.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
haha... why are you yelling at me White Peach

Dark don't listen to the nice guy advice. You have to lock the girl down first before you can go all sensitive and nice. Above all else don't be too eager, like puppy dog eager; don't do that
Because I hate man-talk.

Good girls will appreciate good guys. Bad girls will appreciate guys who treat them like dirt. You know it's true, dont lie.

A boy being nervous around you because he likes you is cute. Ask Nicole(with or without an H?) or any of the gays. Real talk. (<= I love to say REAL TALK :DDDD)

But yeah, over-eagerness is bad, especially if she doesn't already secretly like you.

I guess hova is talking about making girls like you who don't already like you. Which is fake. Which is why you should be fake and talk **** up. I guess that's okay. But you'll have a relationship built on a facade, which, if you dont end up liking eachother (which could have happened without the fakeness to begin with), you'll fall apart anyway.

Hova is giving "*****es" advice.
I'm giving you "women" advice.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
No, good girls will appreciate guys who say bad things but do good things. You have to say mean things to make her laugh and not think you are trying to get with her, but do good things to make her feel good. This combination will win you out a lot of times. every girl is different though like you implied, but honestly the trend is you have to be somewhat of a **** otherwise you run the risk of looking like you need her real bad, which becomes really unattractive. just don't be extreme and be a complete ****, you have to be generally nice but mean a lot of the time too. i agree with hova..lol.

Trust me, i am a really nice guy in real life, just ask anyone who knows me. but when i'm like that with girls i'm intersted in, it screws over all my chances. you have to exagerate the other side of you a bit for awhile then you can let the nicer side in bit by bit..don't throw it all in at once.

Top Bottom