• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At least I am loved by some. Thanks Kyle-kun! I needed a bit of love after what I've been through yesterday. >.<

D

Deleted member

Akihiko is really hot. Love what they did with his character in comparison to Persona 3.

Naoto is cool.

Elizabeth is freaking broken. Like...I don't know, she seems a cut above the rest to me.

Also, I'm currently watching the Persona 4 anime. :3

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Akihiko is the manliness of all men.
Kenji is there too, I guess.
Akihiko, no one can touch on his hot manly swag.

Also, do not forget to download the last episode that recently came out.
It's episode 26, the true ending.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure since I don't really touch Capcom fighters.

Chie is basically Get in/Open Opponent up -> Sweep combo -> Set up Oki with Tomoe, rinse and repeat(She also does great damage). Her DP is a counter and her Awakening super, Agneyastra(the meteors), is a great tool for almost free pressure(or for reversing lol). All of her Grounded B and C normals are dash cancelable too, a good Chie well have scary stagger pressure(jab is 5 frames and +1 on block).

Here's some footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHacw3AzGqs

:rosalina:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
The venue I work at features fighting game casuals on Mondays and Wednesdays. Maybe one of these times i'll actually play the games and know what the hell people are talking about.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Good luck trying to understand this, I'll never get to play P4A, but it is fun to hear them talk about it at least. I love playing as characters who have stances though. Uh, is there like an actual tier list of this game?
Also, I heard there was supposed to be a tinychat. xD

Two-Ell

Smash Master
It's not that hard to understand really lol. The terms may look intimidating, but when you play the games for a bit, they make sense.

There's like three/four tiers in this game lol. It's balanced pretty well.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm relieved to hear that.
That's pretty cool though! Balanced games are definitely fun so now I kinda want to play it.
Is there any high level videos someone could show me?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Watch any p4a videos on Jourdal's or pktazn's YT channels.

If you want character specific vids go to either Dustloop or Mayonaka Midnight and look at the character specific boards.

:phone:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I did, but every time Mitsuru is mentioned, It's my civic duty to post this picture.

That move is one of the reasons why I can't take P4A seriously. Another reason is that it's an Arcsys/Aksys game lol.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I said that's ONLY one of the reasons I don't take the game seriously. I'm actually pretty picky and have high standards when it comes to games I take seriously because I devote too much of my time to games I take seriously. I cant take them all seriously else I'll have no life.

P4A has reasonable balance, but there are some wacky characters and some characters with questionable designs. This is also one of the more gimmicky fighting games out there.

The game is fun. I love Yu. And it's also very fun to watch, and as the best style out of all the fighting games ever.

Also. I don't play Brawl lol.

I also give Aksys/Arcsys a lot of **** (in a friendly way) because pretty much all their games have questonable yet reasonable balance, with gimmicks all over the place, and are generally very deep, and only have a small, but very faithful following after the initial hype wears off and the true fans are there to stay.

EDIT: The only really negative trend i've been seeing with Aksys/Arcsys games is that it seems like each game they put out is getting more and more simple and streamlined - case and point - P4A/BB.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
loool. it hit me that you guys were ****ing with me after his response to my geeky post. i had this super long post typed up and then i was like, 'wait a second...oh gosh."

i love talking fighting games so it was instinct to respond with my long post. @_@

Top Bottom