• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I guess you're right. Unfortunately for me, I'm stuck with my temper, and don't like jokes or humor much at all. Whether it's something I don't understand them, some are just overused to the point where its use has worn out and is annoying, or some just well, goes too far like I said, and many ppl don't realize when certain things are just going too far.

I personally don't like females being bashed or made fun of for playing video games. That's just a stupid thing to do anyways. I got your back Kass, even though I probably don't matter at all.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm a female who plays competative games, you know how much **** I go through everyday? I guarantee it's a lot more than you deal with. Lmao sometimes it's annoying, but I can laugh at it most of the time. Like yeah, women suck at games, are extremely emotional, and most of them are too dumb to function, and use their bodies without respect, but yeah I can laugh at that. Lol
this seems so weird to me, where i'm from people are pretty respectful :c

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just worry about not fitting in. Maybe that's why I don't have much confidence these days, but then I did prefer to be anti-social at times considering some of my painful past.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I just worry about not fitting in. Maybe that's why I don't have much confidence these days, but then I did prefer to be anti-social at times considering some of my painful past.
Have you thought about getting a job? Getting one will help you open up!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i'm pretty outgoing but self-conscious at the same time

it's weird

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I just worry about not fitting in.
You can't win. Seriously, listen to this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlPftPtYqyQ

I have a painful past as well, I try to shove it out of my memory, but everywhere you go something reminds you of it. You just have to learn to forget about it, and move on. I'm still trying to do that myself. Right now, I'm just kind of... mute in public I guess... I generally try to avoid talking to people because everything I say gets used against me one way or another. I try to be positive, but it's so hard sometimes. People are always going to be jerks, it's impossible to please everyone. There will always be someone who won't like you, you can't win.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And that's why I might as well a bit firm and defensive. Many things have been used against me as well. And you can blame the trolls/bullies/jerks for being the main reasons for reminding me of my bad times. I just want to minimize the issues if anything, but having a temper isn't fun.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I used to be the same, but the online smash community transformed me into a troll irl so I mainly just joke around all the time and laugh at anything negative so nothing really affects me anymore. I've forgotten about the bad times from le childhood and just appreciate the good things in life these days. Smash, school, girlfriend, best friends, family, all godlike.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm jealous. Aside from my temper issue, some of those bullies gave me physical injuries once, and wished I didn't have to deal with many annoyances. Then again, I guess that's what I feel sad about when I randomly keep staring at my left knee, where one of said injuries was. The mark from that giant scab is still visible even today, and it's been like 5 years since it happened.
I just need to fit in with true friends I guess, provided I can find more of them.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
You have to learn to laugh at yourself if you expect to not go insane or super depressed from the things other people do.
Can't change the things others or what your past do, no sense in feeling depressed over it.
Take the dark sides with the light sides and embrace them both.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now something I rarely do is laugh, excluding a few actually funny shows and movies. Dark would fit me if I do lose it, but I do want to keep the light, just like my main.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sounds very Kingdom Hearts in here ;)

I used to keep to myself because everybody hated this little Asian kid who acted like a girl and liked girl stuff (I could easily cross dress if I cared enough about it). I have smaller hands than most girls and girls can't beat me in organization and neat printing. I'm also a huge drama queen >_>

Needless to say, I had few friends from grade K-8. Coupled with demanding, traditional Asian parents, I ended up being depressed and taking meds for it. Over time in high school, I met some good friends (not a large amount) who liked me for who I was and to this day we keep in touch and all that good stuff. Of course, my friends from my early childhood are my best friends that I can confide anything to.

As I got older, I worked at different places and met people. I learned how to "function" in social situations and now I'm definitely less afraid than before though I'm still insecure about my appearance. If there are people that can't accept me the way I am, they are not worth it.

Internet trolls are the bane of my existence. My serious nature and inability to tell what is trolling will be the end of me :(

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
You have to learn to laugh at yourself if you expect to not go insane or super depressed from the things other people do.
Can't change the things others or what your past do, no sense in feeling depressed over it.
Take the dark sides with the light sides and embrace them both.
This is some of the best advice I've ever read. You really need to learn to loosen up and be able to joke around. *shrug*

Also I hate 90 percent of canadians i am in contact with because of my work. <_< some of them are really cool though. I mean most people are going to be really nice to your face, doesn't mean they still can't belittle you and don't already. I don't know anyone else's situation except for my own and my own experiences. *shrug*

Gender should have no effect on the way you think, talk, what you like, and how you should act. I find gender roles to be very primitive themselves.
:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Kass, Canadians are super nice! Sucks you met nobody but dbags :( What work do you do?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just don't joke around much. It's either I don't like their type of humor (this is a common one to the crude humor types, or so-called racist jokes), I don't fit in, or they don't like my attempt at humor. I just like being a bit firm and strict more often, not to mention it's hard for me to find others who have similar interests that I have. Then again I don't just have anger problems; I also have idiot problems.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow that's really strange... but it is tech support... come down to Vancouver one day. You'll love it :)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I've always wanted to visit Canada. Specially French Canada.
Stuff about stuff and other stuff
Had I known about your past troubles and insecurities I wouldn't have posted the pic. I'd like to apologize for any emotional distress I've caused you. But you also have to realize that poking fun at things and having fun poked at one isn't always malicious.

I hope you can find relationships which can lead to personal growth and enrichment.
/real talk

Where my "wtf is race" people at?
The notion of race has always puzzled me. We refer to man as the human race but 10 seconds later we go on to divide ourselves into like a bajillion ethnic groups and nationalities (which matter for some stupid reason).

It's ****ing absurd, lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I've always wanted to visit Canada.
Had I known about your past troubles and insecurities I wouldn't have posted the pic. I'd like to apologize for any emotional distress I've caused you. But you also have to realize that poking fun at things and having fun poked at one isn't always malicious.

I hope you can find relationships which can lead to personal growth and enrichment.
/real talk
You know, the moment I asked nicely to take it down (while it isn't common for me to be nice), and I see you didn't really make things good for me, and plus I just dont find many things funny, especially when I'm the target. Just remember some things can be taken too far, and me asking nicely to take something down isn't always gonna work, so I'm stuck being angry and such, especially at repeated offenders.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
It has nothing to do with him being mean.
Just that you take things so seriously on the internet.
It's one think to be upset over something outside of the internet, but the reason most people can joke online is because in 5 minutes they're not going to ****ing remember who the ***** was, or what the little **** said to make you upset.
But, some people just pour all of their emotions into things waayy too much.

And if you do not like fun poked at you, then you came to the wrong thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dont wanna talk about it, heard it a million times. So what if I am serious? Is it wrong to be that way?

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Well no, but just try not to let it get to you so much. Lol it's not like he was purposely doing it to hurt you. It was just a small joke.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry, but I don't buy that "It was just a joke" thing. You don't know how many times I heard that from others, and they say that to cover up the fact that they were intentionally trying to get me angry. Sorry if I feel a bit aggressive, but past experiences make me less tolerant to such a thing.
Plus when I saw that pic, it reminds me of that one stupid troll who just wouldn't stop leaving me alone, the one who made that of course, and him being gone is like a pesky leech off my back.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I feel like this dude's trolling us. He comes in here and derails our guy butt and Sailor Moon talk for **** no one is interested in.

AP, you can either buck up and stop taking things so personally or be miserable over nothing. the choice is yours.

EDIT: I'm dropping the topic and putting this dude on ignore. Now, let us resume Sailor talk. Mars is mai waifu.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I feel like this dude's trolling us. He comes in here and derails our guy butt and Sailor Moon talk for **** no one is interested in.

AP, you can either buck up and stop taking things so personally or be miserable over nothing. the choice is yours.

EDIT: I'm dropping the topic and putting this dude on ignore. Now, let us resume Sailor talk. Mars is mai waifu.
I would much rather talk about guy butts :3 I would also loooove more sexy male pictures to save to my computer xD

Also, I liked Sailor Pluto :x

Top Bottom