• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Just asking. I dropped brawl and i'm looking for a GOOD fighting so i'm considering picking up bb.
Seems you like third strike. Do you want games with scenes or small scenes or no scenes? If you are interested in Blazblue you might also be interested in GG since there are SOME similarities. On the SNK side, I would suggest King of Fighters 2002, 98 or their ultimate editions and Garou: Mark of the Wolves, but hardly anyone plays those in US. :(

Laijin

Smash Hero
Just asking. I dropped brawl and i'm looking for a GOOD fighting so i'm considering picking up bb.
Listen to my advice bro.
At the moment, the most popular fighting game is Street Fighter IV. However even though its the most popular does not mean its the best.
For a good fighting game, I highly suggest picking up one that HAS a very active community and is pretty popular.

For that, I suggest picking up Tekken 6. Its brand new in the US and you'll get a fresh start and be at the same level and pace as everyone else from the very beginning. Tekken 6's community will definantly rise above most other fighting game communities. I'm quite sure the T5 community is going to be all on the T6 community plus all the new players, and that community was pretty big.

I don't know how BlazBlue 2 will play, so I definantly can't suggest that at all. So yea, look forward to T6 since its your best bet when if your picking up a new fighter around this time. Its definantly going to be bigger than BlazBlue.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
greenace. seriously. go sf4 AND BB with me ;) you me dc luis will have an awesome time wooping *** in georgia

DC

Smash Cadet
lol Tekken 6 will not have a huge community. The biggest communities are Smash and Street Fighter. Everything else isn't even comparable. What I'm trying to say is... unless you play Smash or Street Fighter, you'll never find another scene that will have regular tournaments.

T6 will not go unplayed but tournaments will be few and far between... and even then the turn out will be small. Look at the people who try to host BlazBlue tournaments and end up with 7 people showing up?

This is time tested and proven. Read my post carefully before you reply... yes I'm aware that there are small scenes for other fighting games, like Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, Arcana Heart, Soul Calibur... hell even Bloody Roar; but like it or not you can't even begin to compare those smaller scenes to that of Smash and Street Fighter.

And Green Ace just stick to Smash or go to Street Fighter. BlazBlue is a fun game but nowhere near balanced. You would be leaving a broken game to play another broken game.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
lol Tekken 6 will not have a huge community. The biggest communities are Smash and Street Fighter. Everything else isn't even comparable. What I'm trying to say is... unless you play Smash or Street Fighter, you'll never find another scene that will have regular tournaments.

T6 will not go unplayed but tournaments will be few and far between... and even then the turn out will be small. Look at the people who try to host BlazBlue tournaments and end up with 7 people showing up?

This is time tested and proven. Read my post carefully before you reply... yes I'm aware that there are small scenes for other fighting games, like Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, Arcana Heart, Soul Calibur... hell even Bloody Roar; but like it or not you can't even begin to compare those smaller scenes to that of Smash and Street Fighter.

And Green Ace just stick to Smash or go to Street Fighter. BlazBlue is a fun game but nowhere near balanced. You would be leaving a broken game to play another broken game.
KK be wrong more thanks for playing.

Tekken Tag Tournament (which was peak Tekken hype from what I know) had a huge scene, and Tekken 6 BR is looking to follow that path. I am a little biased on the matter since Atlanta has the biggest and best Tekken scene in the US basically. But Tekken has been a strong game in the past.

BlazBlue isn't balanced, but it isn't as busted as Smash. That's all I have to say.

DC

Smash Cadet
KK be wrong more thanks for playing.

Tekken Tag Tournament (which was peak Tekken hype from what I know) had a huge scene, and Tekken 6 BR is looking to follow that path. I am a little biased on the matter since Atlanta has the biggest and best Tekken scene in the US basically. But Tekken has been a strong game in the past.

BlazBlue isn't balanced, but it isn't as busted as Smash. That's all I have to say.
Yeah man can't wait to hit up that Tekken tournament every single weekend.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
play street fighter and learn da fundamentals that smash doesnt teach u in fighting games.
What basics? Quarter circles? If you aren't using Yomi in Smash, you are doing something wrong. Are they as strong in Smash? No, are they there? Yes.

Because it is easily accessible/pick up and play.
From what little Blazblue I've played, Melee seems far more difficult. Given I played GG before.

DC

Smash Cadet
Doesn't matter, Smash doesn't feel like a fighting game. It's easy for a kid to pick up a character in Smash, do some forward smashes and grabs and feel like he knows how to play well. Then he plays with his friends and they roll around each other and feel like they all know how to play the game.

Seriously man if you avatar was always Anemone I would be able to sleep easier at night.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I sent you like 30 Anemeone avatars, but alright, one more day and I'll switch back.

And yeah, at the very begining level, Smash is by far the most approachable, because you know instantly where all the attacks are. It always made me mad how incomplete the move list in GG was and how I had to go to dustloop and read how do finish off A.B.A.'s 6 K(?) commands, which aren't even listed in her moves.

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah it is... don't worry, I'm sure the sequel will be more balanced.

BTW Rachel's super now does ~300 damage if you combo into it with a frog.

Totally balanced.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
This is what's called Guilty Gear Syndrome right?

First game has some issues, sequel has even more issues, next sequel is near-perfect?

Noooo, at Rachel nerfs :/
I blame the buff to her breasts, they're slowing her down; at least make her shoot lightning out of them or something!

DC

Smash Cadet
Her sprite didn't change, she's still a delicious flat chested loli<3

I take back what I said though, Rachel is not the Captain Falcon of CS. She's actually the (Brawl) Samus Aran... the hardest character in the game to learn/use correctly, but once you unlock her true potential she still sucks.

DC

Smash Cadet
nah still some more testing and revamping nothing is legit until later.
I like how you answered his question without knowing the answer.

You don't know this for sure, while it is likely the game is not finished, there have been many rumors that the previous loketest was the last one.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, they generally do 3 lock test, that's what they did for GG, but from those more steeped in GG history, after the third locktest, where there still balance changes?
Though, they did call 1 an emergency lock test, so I'm not sure if we can count that one.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I like how you answered his question without knowing the answer.

You don't know this for sure, while it is likely the game is not finished, there have been many rumors that the previous loketest was the last one.
i can hope cant i :\...im still hoping they dont finalize arakune or rachel >_>

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
At least Jin didn't get hit too hard. Favorite character by default (I don't know why, but something about a sword that freezes people is just appealing)

Laijin

Smash Hero
Every character in CS sucks now except for Bang and Tager. Since Litchi stayed the same shes actually better than most of the characters now.
Thats just what I've seen. Lamda completely sucks. Why does she have 5000 life? She already had the lowest amount of life in the first game at 10,000 and they literally cut in half. She looks pretty unplayable to me.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The hot chicks should always be at least high tier :/ That's just business sense. Hopefully they aren't done. Cause Baiken plus Order Sol and Slayer plus Bridjet are going to be too good.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=479900&postcount=2925

First of all, what you have in third loc test is not the final product. Everything you have seen are potential changes. Only thing that's guaranteed to happen is

1. Nu will be nerfed.
2. arakune is remade.
3. Additional things that are added
4. tager suck less

That's about it. Everything else can still be changed, either completely or just via frame data tweaks.

And I have heard nothing about another loc test thus far. There isn't one this weekend, I'm pretty sure.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Arakune should be remade into Faust.
After all that is the guy's secret identity.
****...that.

he's too cool for school man, its why he dropped out and learned all this crazy blazblue nonsense and is what he is o.o

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
GGs, Takeurlife. Your Jin is totally legit.
GGs yourself brah =D i enjoy a player that thinks, it brings out the best in me(i dont think ive ever done cross-up j.D to 5c to ice arrow in a serious match before)

next time will be way better, since you have successfully adjusted to most of my shenanigans and i wont be all blaz'd out.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Every character in CS sucks now except for Bang and Tager. Since Litchi stayed the same shes actually better than most of the characters now.
Thats just what I've seen. Lamda completely sucks. Why does she have 5000 life? She already had the lowest amount of life in the first game at 10,000 and they literally cut in half. She looks pretty unplayable to me.

Top Bottom