• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
DFEAR, that hurts me... :(
in tourney you cannot say you lost cause you dropped your combo. that will ultimately make you look like a scrub man :\ gotta lose because you as a player lost not cause you cannot do combos : <...i has faith in ur carl :3

DC

Smash Cadet
He doesn't play Carl, I don't play Tager, it wasn't a tourney match.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, Carl crutches on that infinite though. Weak combos, bad pokes, terrible health, bad defensive options, bad approach, virtually no anti-air (Nirvana being too situational), etc.

He is a terrible character without it.

Oh, and yeah, you can totally say you lost because you don't know combos. That's the same thing as saying you're not technical enough to combo with Fox in Melee or something.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
then why play handicapped? u want to win with ur full potential. a win is a win but losing because u dropped a combo where u could have easily won if u didnt would matter alot. matters to me mostly cause uh dropping one combo means i lose a very healthy 90% health advantage with recurse mind u :\. all gone if i drop it :\

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Of course, I'm trying to practice it, but I don't really have anyone that mains Carl that can help me out. :/

I just gotta play more matches with Carl and get more experience and maybe he'll be tourney ready. In the meantime I'll just have to stick with Rachel and Tager when money's on the line.

Also, do you and DC play each other regularly? He's gotten a lot better online and you're both SFL.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
he lives down the street lol. and we DO NOT PLAY ENOUGH...****ing dc needs to play more! goto luis house more u scrub

DC

Smash Cadet
This just in... Noel is the hardest character to play in the game. (But not the best)

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeeah her drive mix up is really really good.

Assault Through is nearly unblockable, you have to know WAY in advance that it's coming.

Spring Raid has dragon punch properties.

Bloom Trigger is 100% unpunishable.

Using all three randomly makes a really really annoying character to play against. But to SERIOUSLY learn to play Noel is probably the hardest in the game. Her most simple bnb is highly situational and character specific.

DC

Smash Cadet
Hurray can't wait to see how much Rachel sucks in this one.

It's loketest btw, short for location.

EDIT: You realize that you are now and forever Anemone in my eyes, right Crashic?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey man, cheer up, at my location, its like The Olive Garden. Free tossed salad and when I bend over a little farther, breadsticks.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I'm late to this thread, kinda.

I loooove Blazblue.

My favorite characters are Toakaka and Tager.

I started messing with Litchi a little bit, but I haven't played in a while.

My PSN account is WigginsBabyPunch and my Gamertag is Wiggi0620

DC

Smash Cadet
GENESIC..... EMERALDO.... TAYGAAAAH....
Your opponent has disconnected.

DC

Smash Cadet
I feel bad for the Japanese players that spend thousands of hours mastering Noel only to realize that she can't actually beat the Top 3.

She's so much fun to play but god**** is she mediocre. I SHOULD be practicing Rachel instead but then again nobody actually cares about this game lol

EDIT: BTW anyone want a really easy way to beat Noel? Don't jump. She has like, no options against standing opponents.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
i hope ppl aint gon think its cool to complain about rachel or whoever was top tier that got nerfed now.

if ppl really think that they character sucks just make a change to a new one.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I feel bad for the Japanese players that spend thousands of hours mastering Noel only to realize that she can't actually beat the Top 3.

She's so much fun to play but god**** is she mediocre. I SHOULD be practicing Rachel instead but then again nobody actually cares about this game lol

EDIT: BTW anyone want a really easy way to beat Noel? Don't jump. She has like, no options against standing opponents.
she has 6-4 matchups with the Top 3 in the game. she can win, dood. just because YOU can't win doesn't mean SHE can't win in the hands of someone more capable

DC

Smash Cadet
she has 6-4 matchups with the Top 3 in the game.
You mean 40/60 right? Her only good matchups are Bang and Tager... the latter I'm not entirely sure of.

Either way I'm not saying she's a horrible character nor is it impossible for her to win, but the amount of time it takes to memorize how many times to bounce a particular character off 6c (and whiff a grab) could be spent learning RA/AR/NU. But like I said I play her anyways cause she's fun.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
You mean 40/60 right? Her only good matchups are Bang and Tager... the latter I'm not entirely sure of.

Either way I'm not saying she's a horrible character nor is it impossible for her to win, but the amount of time it takes to memorize how many times to bounce a particular character off 6c (and whiff a grab) could be spent learning RA/AR/NU. But like I said I play her anyways cause she's fun.
lol, you make it sound like learning Noel is some kind of physics project or something. dood, she's not very hard to learn. most argue that Rachel is the hardest to play well in the game due to the various things needed to be kept track of in addition to having no real weapons to combat pressure once it is properly applied to her.

and yes, Noel vs Rachel, Nu, and Arakune are 60/40 in favor of the top 3. i always thought of Noel/Tager as being even or slightly in Noel's favor.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Addeth me to the list.

Name:Trevor Dodd (Yiff)
Mains:Taokaka.
XBL/PSN: N/A

I don't have the game, or a system to play the games on, but I have a friend who does, so that's close enough.

DC

Smash Cadet
Zero, did you read Vanquish? Best BB doujin in the universe.

"I'm gonna hit that ****!"

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Alright when I say "she can't beat the top 3" I didn't literally mean it's impossible... just more than improbable.

And to whoever said Noel is easy to learn....

lol
as said before, just because YOU can't do something doesn't mean that it's hard or impossible. kids these days... <_<

DC

Smash Cadet
I like how you assume that's what I base my observations on. That's cute.

Top Bottom