• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Rachel Alucard
Based on N Otoko's impression:

Wind Gauge
After using the last stock, it takes 3~4 second to begin recharging. (Same as CT)

Jump 2C
J3C+D> 236A links. You must do 3D wind to work. It confirmed working on Taokaka, Ragna, Tsubaki, and Lambda so far. Even it doesn't combo due to distance, 236A is safe on hit or (instant) guard. 214C lightning doesn't combo afterward though. With pumpkin you might be do J2C+D > 236A > 6D > 6D > dash A.

Guard Primer
C -> C and 4B are not confirmed removing guard primer points. Rachel couldn't guard crush opponent in general. You may try HJ2C+D > 236236C > HJ2C+D to remove guard points with level two J2C at best.

Jump A
Still not an overhead. And either its start up is slower or hit box is smaller because climbing jump A whiffs on crouching characters.

6B
Damage scaling may increased a bit but 6B counter hit > 6 C+D combo still do high damage. Attack level may be lowered for the less stun time.

Cannon Ball
Hit effect may changed (shorten) on both sides. On normal hit Rachel is still punishable by Ragna's standing B in very close distance. Seed still disappears when Rachel gets hit.

Pumpkin
Pumpkin seems taking a bit more time to move.

Frog
Activation box shrinked. Wind still affects the frog.

214C / J214C
No much different from CT except command changed from 22C.

236236C / J236236C
Except damage decreased everything else is the same.

At first N Otoko think Rachel is quite hopeless from what he heard before, but he found Rachel has plenty of new tricks with the changes.

J3C+D > 236A > rc > dash > ~ > C, C follow up
Reliable combo after J2C needs rapid cancel. As long as it leads to C -> C knock down, Rachel has plenty of okizeme tricks.

C, C follow up > frog > (opp rolls forward) > dash J2C > frog activates > combo
^ Assuming opponent rolls toward Rachel

C, C follow up > pumpkin > frog > (opprolls backward) > 6D > J3C+D > 236A > frog activates > combo
^ For opponent rolls forward, you can do J1C+D instead.

~ > 236236C > pumpkin > frog > (opp techs) > okizeme
^ Same as above.

~ > frog activates > 6C > JC > 236236C (> pumpkin > frog oki)
^ Basic combo + set up

C, C follow up > frog > 3C+D > frog activates
^ Works on all characters

Taken from zetaboards.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/topic/2442606/1/

DC

Smash Cadet
...um...

Go buy a TV for like 20 bucks scrooge
I got bills to pay homie and as much as I love seeing Rachel's flat chest in standard definition... I'd rather not be in debt.

DC/Dfear ima be back in south FL next week friday so yall hit me up for some BB. im so rusty in dat **** lol
You gonna be here Saturday too or just Friday?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea man be here sat. cuz friday i might have work johns. ALSO dreadz play my akuma in sf4 :0

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
grr i hate the metapod phase you go through when you are upping your game. My jin is all awkward doing new pressure strings and stuff instead of being satisfied with a few good combos and grab tricksies

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Oh god GA Peach your opinion is so wrong. How dare you.
Why do we even bother expressing our opinions? We have people here that will prove our opinions false! For example, if I were to say I thought your avatar was better as Anemone, somebody might say that my opinion is incorrect! Then what the hell am I going to do?

EDIT: This entire post might be wrong. Forgive me.
lol, if I ACTUALLY thought Tager was the best character in the game, and i was THAT mis-informed, i would WANT someone to correct me so i would no longer be an ignorant moron. also, the avatar thing is subjective, so there's no actual FACT that can be given to prove that Anemone is better than his current avatar. Only an opinion can be given. The Noel stuff can be disputed by facts, so these 2 things are unrelated. Sorry, bro. :ohwell:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Noel:
Chain revolver moves got faster.
New move (j6D i guess) can be used as semi-hyper fall (same as before)
3C less recovery.
optic barrel is faster but still slight disadvantage on block.
5D has more invincibility (need to be confirmed)

DC

Smash Cadet
lol, if I ACTUALLY thought Tager was the best character in the game, and i was THAT mis-informed, i would WANT someone to correct me so i would no longer be an ignorant moron. also, the avatar thing is subjective, so there's no actual FACT that can be given to prove that Anemone is better than his current avatar. Only an opinion can be given. The Noel stuff can be disputed by facts, so these 2 things are unrelated. Sorry, bro. :ohwell:
The hardest character to learn in the game can be proven by facts?

lol **** for a second there I almost took you seriously.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Well it depends on what you mean by 'hard charecter to learn.'

On one hand you have the individual level. Fox in Melee is literally impossible to master frame perfect.
But can you honestly say he has to work as hard as Taj did with Mewtwo to learn his matchups, which is player versus player difficulty.
You can prove individual level to some degree because of frame data.
Player versus player difficulty is much more debatable.

DC

Smash Cadet
There is no way to prove such a thing with facts. There can be GENERALLY ACCEPTED OPINIONS but it's impossible to prove the "hardest character to play" with factual evidence.

**** GA Peach really dropped the ball there didn't you?

ggnore

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Well it depends on what you mean by 'hard charecter to learn.'

On one hand you have the individual level. Fox in Melee is literally impossible to master frame perfect.
But can you honestly say he has to work as hard as Taj did with Mewtwo to learn his matchups, which is player versus player difficulty.
You can prove individual level to some degree because of frame data.
Player versus player difficulty is much more debatable.
There is no way to prove such a thing with facts. There can be GENERALLY ACCEPTED OPINIONS but it's impossible to prove the "hardest character to play" with factual evidence.

**** GA Peach really dropped the ball there didn't you?

ggnore
well, i'll just address both posts with this one, since it can apply to both. yes, CRASHiC and DC, what is generally referred to as "learning a character" is playing that character at its maximized potential, or "mastering" the character. With every character programmed, there is a frame rate calculated for every move, and commands which are needed to be input to execute the moves. Together, these make the calculated speed of the move, and it becomes increasingly difficult to do complex motions at higher speeds and in certain situations. This creates part of the execution barrier, which adds difficulty to the character learned. So, to use Smash as an example, Fox would be much more difficult to learn at a higher level of play than Ness. Fox has a much higher execution barrier than Ness to be played at maximum level, although Ness would have a harder time winning.

this leads into the next point. although Ness would have a harder time winning a matchup, it would not be because he is a harder character to learn. it would be due to his lack of options within the way that the game functions. it would be easier to LEARN the matchup, due to only being able to use a couple of moves per situation, but in some cases may be harder to apply due to him not being as fast or mobile as Fox.

going back to frame rates, since you have these quantified values, and each character has a maximum potential to be reached, then there is a designated road to achieve this for each character, thus creating another gap in difficulty. Once again, with Smash as a example, Fox is literally invulnerable if played frame-perfect with his shines and jump-cancels. is this humanly possible? not for extended periods of time, but in bursts, yes. the top echelon for Ness would be landing all of his combos perfectly, which is much more possible to do than frame-perfect Fox. This essentially makes Fox a harder character to learn than Ness, although Ness may have a harder time winning. so, we'll make a comparison for BlazBlue as well. Noel against Rachel. Rachel would be considered harder to learn due to multiple things to keep track of, a non-linear playstyle, more difficult to execute combos, and a much harder time getting pressure off of her when she messes up. However, Noel would be harder to win with due to her lack of options in comparison to Rachel. Thus, Rachel is the more dominant character, but trickier to learn.

so, in closing, there is a very quantified value as to how difficult a character can be to master, and there are several factors that can go into this value. sorry, DC. i know your disappointed, but this is a proven subject using hard evidence. :ohwell:

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
ggs zero, sorry for the johning. Playing a good person is exactly how i need to practice a new part of my character's game and if i keep getting hit by j2c or falling for the frame advantage on block then keep doing it, regardless of what mindset im in.

I'll get out of this metapod phase eventually and become a beautiful butterfree who is much better at resets and block strings

GA Peach

Smash Lord
ggs zero, sorry for the johning. Playing a good person is exactly how i need to practice a new part of my character's game and if i keep getting hit by j2c or falling for the frame advantage on block then keep doing it, regardless of what mindset im in.

I'll get out of this metapod phase eventually and become a beautiful butterfree who is much better at resets and block strings
you can learn Psychic stuff then, like Confusion. Confusion is super effective against most opponents.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol

Did anyone else notice that Noel swings around your FACE with your head inbetween her legs for her command throw?

With a miniskirt.

<3 Noel

DC

Smash Cadet
Zero I can't send messages on Xbox Live right now until Friday when I get paid (so I can buy Gold again, ugh)

But idk I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I should play Noel instead of Rachel. IN MY OPINION (in before my opinion is wrong) Rachel is easier to play and undeniably a better character, but I have way more fun playing Noel. It seems like I'm working a lot harder to win.

Plus now people can't john when I beat them with Rachel...

Don't get me wrong though I'll still play both characters exclusively but there's one character I want to devote a lot of time into playing and getting really good with (like Kirby in Brawl).. just can't decide who.

For now my Xbox Live avatar will be Noel tho... working on an avatar and sig for lolboards and Dustloop.

On a lighter note, I believe I found a Rachel/Hakumen/Taokaka only combo with Noel so I'll be sure to try that on you next time we play. 4000 damage ftw.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Zero I can't send messages on Xbox Live right now until Friday when I get paid (so I can buy Gold again, ugh)

But idk I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I should play Noel instead of Rachel. IN MY OPINION (in before my opinion is wrong) Rachel is easier to play and undeniably a better character, but I have way more fun playing Noel. It seems like I'm working a lot harder to win.

Plus now people can't john when I beat them with Rachel...

Don't get me wrong though I'll still play both characters exclusively but there's one character I want to devote a lot of time into playing and getting really good with (like Kirby in Brawl).. just can't decide who.

For now my Xbox Live avatar will be Noel tho... working on an avatar and sig for lolboards and Dustloop.

On a lighter note, I believe I found a Rachel/Hakumen/Taokaka only combo with Noel so I'll be sure to try that on you next time we play. 4000 damage ftw.
be rachel so i can learn how to beat jeff. OR be noel with willvolution will. either way i dont care who you choose as long as you STICK with them. i dont want to play with half ***** characters :\

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
At GA Peach, I wasn't sure of my example of a player versus player learning curve, everything you said was what I was trying to get across, though in a much more informed way.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol @ purple exclamation marks online. I dunno if it's the gamebridge or the wireless internet but I can press the grab button and let go before the exclamation marks even disappear.

But somehow this has made me a BEAST at teching grabs offline. Since I've been playing online I don't think I've ever missed a midcombo grab offline. It feels so nice.

Here's a pic of my beast setup btw... hell yeah I browse Smashboards while playing online.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Rachel is definately easier to learn than Noel. I think she's at least top 5 for "easiest character." Tager is probably the easiest.

I'm tired of winning with Rachel and Tager, I think I'll go Ragna or Carl at the next tourney I go to.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
yea man be here sat. cuz friday i might have work johns. ALSO dreadz play my akuma in sf4 :0
ima be down for that weekend so its wutever. and my Vega is waitin for you.

i feel like high level fighting gameplay is like watchin PPV boxing matches now. entertainment....

DC

Smash Cadet
Rachel is definately easier to learn than Noel. I think she's at least top 5 for "easiest character." Tager is probably the easiest.

I'm tired of winning with Rachel and Tager, I think I'll go Ragna or Carl at the next tourney I go to.
Ragna Jin Tager Arakune v-13

EDIT: OH GOD I FORGOT TO SAY IMO

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol go learn how to 6c loop while crossing up dc :p with negative releasing 3 buttons one after the other :3

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Ragna Jin Tager Arakune v-13

EDIT: OH GOD I FORGOT TO SAY IMO
i love how ignorant and foolish you continue to make yourself look as time goes on. the issue wasn't even that you expressed something in your opinion. it's that you said your opinion, i said it was wrong, you said that it couldn't be wrong due to it being an opinion, and i proved it wrong. lol, opinions can be wrong. i don't see what's so hard to understand about that... :confused: maybe it's different in the world that DC lives in... :confused:

oh, you also said that you never stated something as fact when you did. i guess you have to be right always...i actually am confused at this point about the "imo" stuff.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i think tager is easier than jin, he's just not as good. I play both so i can say that.
i agree. Tager has a more direct objective, but completing that objective can be hard as all hell, lol. i wish they had given Tager either a good anti-air like Potemkin or a good approach option like Potemkin. lol, they should have just put Potemkin into BlazBlue instead.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i like how you keep feeding him. >.> anyway...learning tager is easeh...using tager is the opposite :\

Top Bottom