• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

DC

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised no one mentioned the huge plethora of curveballs the story mode throws at you.

Jin spoilers? Brain exploded at that.

Brain exploded again just trying to follow the storyline >.>
Because me and you are the only two people who play this game for the story.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
So I finally sat down with a friend, and he said, "Okay, this is how Blazblue works." And ran me through on how the game really plays. So now I'm happy, as I can combo and not suck at it.

Taokaka throws Bowling balls at you.

What do you do?

DC

Smash Cadet
Rachel Alucard confirmed to be the Dan Hibiki/Captain Falcon of Continuum Shift.

Laijin

Smash Hero
No one plays Guilty Gear because no one plays Guilty Gear. Even when it was big, the max tournament attendance size for an average tournament was like..6. A HUGE tournament maybe had like 15. And this is Florida, where one of the biggest GG communities existed. Sure does says a lot about the rest of the nation :\

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Rachel Alucard confirmed to be the Dan Hibiki/Captain Falcon of Continuum Shift.
not really, watch the newer videos. They nerfed her but only a little. 6a still has stupid priority and speed, frog is still kinda broken, pumpkin is just the same and super good.

about the only real nerfs she has is that wind takes longer to build and you cant combo after 2c

considering they nerfed the other top tiers to an extent, too, i think she'll do just fine.

oh, and they buffed her overhead

DC

Smash Cadet
They nerfed her but only a little.
LOL no

6a still has stupid priority and speed
It's an anti air, it has priority over air attacks.

frog is still kinda broken
LOL no

pumpkin is just the same and super good.
Are you ****ing kidding me?

oh, and they buffed her overhead
IS THIS A ****ING JOKE? j.a NO LONGER AN OVERHEAD, j.2c NO LONGER CANCELLABLE ON BLOCK... what the **** are you smoking? Are you talking about 4b, Rachel's absolutely WORST move?

Did you read her changes? Do you even PLAY Rachel? Just about everything in your post is completely and utterly wrong. You are now and forever a joke poster in my eyes. You are no longer allowed to direct posts towards me.

Go read up on WHY Rachel is top tier in the first place and then go to Dustloop and read all of the changes to her character, watch her new (horrible) super and then realize how bad your last post was.

EDIT: Holy crap man just reading your post again... so angry... have you played this game before? Have you ever selected Rachel on the character select screen?

I will congratulate you on finding the one thing that sincerely pisses me off -- when people attempt to talk or argue about things when they have NO IDEA WHAT THE **** THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

DC

Smash Cadet
Arakune is apparently still top tier. They said Rachel and Noel are bottom tier but that was the first loketest.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Arakune is apparently still top tier. They said Rachel and Noel are bottom tier but that was the first loketest.
--insert curse words and YOURE A ****ING IDIOT thoughtless phrases here---

my assertions are based on the second and third loketests scrub, l2stayuptodate and stop getting offended that your character isnt going to suck

also, l2pumpkin if you dont think it's too good of a projectile.

curse word curse word ******** statement based on first test curse word curse word. Can i stop now? are you ready to talk like grown ups?

DC

Smash Cadet
Your assertion are still incorrect regardless of loketest.

• Pumpkin goes half the distance it does in CT, it has next to no hitstun, and it loses its hitbox as soon as Rachel is hit, no more trading counterhits.
  • Frog can be killed by jabs, does half the damage it does in CT.
  • j.2c can't be canceled by anything on on block.
  • Tempest Dalia is widely regarded as a horrible super compared to BBL, not to mention the super itself looks like a complete joke. (Throwing cows as an attack? Classy.)
  • BBL does less damage.
  • 6b doesn't stagger long enough to combo anymore.
  • Lobelias have longer recovery time, they disappear if Rachel takes a hit during the attack, no more trading counterhits.
  • Less untechable time after j.C, which means no more j.C super.
  • Less untechable time after lobelia, which means no more lobelia super.
  • j.A is no longer an overhead... making her the only character in the game with an air attack that isn't an overhead? (Correct me if I'm mistaken)

OH BUT WAIT... 4b got buffed. It's still one of the slowest overheads in the game.

Yeah man Rachel is god tier in this game.

You're a waste of my time.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Your assertion are still incorrect regardless of loketest and you are a waste of my time. Pumpkin goes half the distance it does in CT, it has next to no hitstun, and it loses its hitbox as soon as Rachel is hit.

Frog can be killed by jabs, j.2c can't be canceled by anything on on block, Tempest Dalia is widely regarded as a horrible super compared to BBL, not to mention the super itself looks like a complete joke.

OH BUT WAIT... 4b got buffed. It's still one of the slowest overheads in the game.

Yeah man Rachel is god tier in this game.

You're a waste of my time.
so youre really complaining that your character isnt arguably the best in the game anymore? you poor pitiful thing. Regardless of how much easier it is to kill george or that her NEW special isnt great(as far as we know), she isnt going to be garbage at all.

youtube vids on the 3rd loketest and check it out for yourself(jin's fireball shoots 3 again), youre not a waste of my time, it's just easier to show you rather than argue. good day son

add me to the front page

xbl tag : atticusthewise
character: jin

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i like the way arakune is in the 2nd bb :3...wait till yall see his NEW c loop variation :3...it does less damage but hell a c loop is a c loop!

btw landed my first 90% health 6c loop combo on a nu today...felt good...tho lol getting perfected doesnt xD

DC

Smash Cadet
so youre really complaining that your character isnt arguably the best in the game anymore? you poor pitiful thing. Regardless of how much easier it is to kill george or that her NEW special isnt great(as far as we know), she isnt going to be garbage at all.
Where am I complaining in this topic? I made a sarcastic post saying that Rachel is the new joke character, you posted your flawed arguments and I refuted every single one of your points.

The players at the loketest and the regulars at the Rachel boards on Dustloop all agree that as it stands right now, Rachel is a terrible character in the new game.

You are the only one arguing that she has barely been nerfed. You're in the minority my friend.

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah no more spamming j.2c like you do online Zero.

2c > j.2c

Anyways...
I ****ing love playing Tager online. All I do is grab people and then 720 when I have meter. I'm afraid to actually learn combos with him because then I might realize how bad a character he is.

I meant to save that match where I 720'd your 720 but I forgot. :(

BTW if I'm playing a character and the color is all gold then I have no idea how to play them.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Why do you guys play this and not guilty gear?
if GA had a GGXX community at all, i would still play. but alas, i guess it is not meant to be. i wish, though, that i could play it. there are a lot of other games i would play, also, if i had people to play with such as Fate Unlimited Codes or Melty Blood. Ryougi Shiki is everything i wanted her to be and so much more. ah, the road not taken...

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, Yeah I like to bring out the j.2C alot during blockstrings...

And I have hardly any Noel experience, so I tend to just spam that move or camp her... eff that 3C man...

Btw, I don't think Tager is as bad as people make him out to be. I actually feel more comfortable fighting against Jin/Noel as Tager than Rachel.

Edit: GA Peach, there are a lot of people who play Melty Blood in Alabama.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
j.2c was mega busted, but it was hardly all rachel had in the form of being really good. They made her almost unplayable first loke test, but they did give her back frog combos, and well, you're kidding yourself if you think the pumpkin and lobelia's disappearing when rachel gets hit make her bad, it makes her a little more fair.

From what i've seen from the 3rd loke test, Rachel is like a mid tier character, or mid low. But she still has a mixup with j.2c from what i've seen, which is good in it's own right. Not being able to j.c it just means you can't mindless sit there and get free mixups with no risk.

All of this doesn't matter at all though, since Bang is going to win everything there ever was ever.

DC

Smash Cadet
j.2c was mega busted, but it was hardly all rachel had in the form of being really good. They made her almost unplayable first loke test, but they did give her back frog combos, and well, you're kidding yourself if you think the pumpkin and lobelia's disappearing when rachel gets hit make her bad, it makes her a little more fair.

From what i've seen from the 3rd loke test, Rachel is like a mid tier character, or mid low. But she still has a mixup with j.2c from what i've seen, which is good in it's own right. Not being able to j.c it just means you can't mindless sit there and get free mixups with no risk.

All of this doesn't matter at all though, since Bang is going to win everything there ever was ever.
Have you ever played Rachel? Do you know how many times trading hits with pumpkin/lobelia can save her ***?

She has almost no mixup now. j.2c is more unsafe than a DP.

DC

Smash Cadet
The input for Tager's Astral Heat is so ****ing stupid. I keep rapid canceling by accident.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol I play on stick. Plus you can't do Tagers AH without using his D attack... unless you wake up Astral or something idk if that's possible.

DC

Smash Cadet
LMAO @ this quote from the loketest...

Rachelの特性は極度の粉砕の兄弟からの砂袋と取り替えるある
"Rachel characteristics are replaced with sandbag from the super smash brothers"

DFEAR

Smash Hero
he not only bought the game he bought the alternate costumes >_> and where was dc on sunday!?

Top Bottom