• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just a heads up, I'm gonna leave the lobby at 6:30 for dinner. I'm going to restart my router during then.
So if anyone wants to play afterwards still, the hopefully lag won't as bad.

Or something else can host if they want to. Doesn't matter to me.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Lol it's okay Makoto.

I couldn't believe that chair hit from behind too ;~;

The feeling of missing options feels pretty bad ._. I get the twitch feeling of wanting to do my old tactics but I know that'll make me punishable here in EX.

That and 5CC 214A~C will be the death of me.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato and Yamada, as well as anyone else I may have played today.

I think I'm finally starting to get the Relius vs Rachel matchup.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Rutger and Yamada. I'm pretty tired out.

Only got one win off of Yamada's Carl, and that was only because I knew CHs and Throw Counters would work after he teched. :ohwell:
At least I finally got to play his Carl.

And yeah, seems like you're getting the hang of the matchup, Rutger.
The hardest part is getting out of her corner oki.

I've been experimenting with some Rachel mixups and shenanigans whenever I could.
Some worked and some failed.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, Rachel's corner pressure is hell. I need to work on using 236A plus an Ignis attack, but I don't know what to do without Ignis other than trying to find an opening to jump out, or use a CA. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sucks that I didn't get to play you guys more. I need experience in those match-ups. Oh well, there's always next time!

Speaking of which, Rutger, did you want me to add Relius to your list of characters? Or anyone that wants me to switch up their list, whatev. :3

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, lets do that. Put Relius, Valk, and Tao please.

Even though I have barely played as anyone outside of Relius in EX, I still want to try and sub those two.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Not in a blockstring lol

I'm just horrible at confirming it online. The link is tighter than 6BC in CS2 and I love dropping that online already.

I'm probably gonna drop every 5D 2D in netplay too /o\.

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
Great Games last night Minato, and Rutger!

Rutger: I see you improved your relius more keep it up and you will be a great relius =)

Minato: Great Rachel! Havent seen a good rachel online since CT time :O

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I ran into a player room titled "Unlimiteds" and figured what the hell. :/

Yeah, it was kind of silly.

There was only one person there really, and of course it just had to be a Rachel because it seems I'm not allowed to fight any other character in this game right now. At the very least it made me grateful of the George I have to deal with when I fight Minato.

But none of that really matters because the point of this whole post is to say that I want that super that Relius stole from Venom. :mad088:
That thing is amazing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There was only one person there really, and of course it just had to be a Rachel because it seems I'm not allowed to fight any other character in this game right now. At the very least it made me grateful of the George I have to deal with when I fight Minato.

But none of that really matters because the point of this whole post is to say that I want that super that Relius stole from Venom. :mad088:
That thing is amazing.
lol I remember wishing I could just use Unlimited Rachel back in CS1 because of how bad regular Rachel got nerfed.

And we should totally set up an unlimited lobby some time.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol I remember wishing I could just use Unlimited Rachel back in CS1 because of how bad regular Rachel got nerfed.

And we should totally set up an unlimited lobby some time.
Unlimited rachel was still *** though. Like, still not even near the high tiers.

Some of the changes made her damage even worse.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm maining Relius, Lyth.

Put that down.

Smooth Criminal
Sure thing, yo. Just Relius?

It seems everyone's picking up Relius, is he that easy to learn to use?
He's about middle of the learning curve, imo. His combos aren't particularly difficult, but it's all about managing your meter, and creating a very specific kind of pressure, and setting up frame traps and such.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
What Lythium said. His combos are not bad, but you need to know how to manage Ignis.

He is pretty fun imo, kind of like what I wanted in a melty maids like character, plus a little extra.

And I would be okay with an unlimited lobby every now and then, for the lulz.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Livewire just wants to watch the world burn?

Sounds like he would get along with every single villain in this game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
How's the Noel training without 2D going, by the way? :3
RIP 2D. :c:c:c:c

But in all seriousness, it's actually not that bad training without 2D as, despite how much I have to work at avoiding using those old CS2 habits, I kind of figure long term having to use all the different starters will just wind up making me better as a player. :bee:

That being said, I did a little bit of Tao, Relius, and a bit of Bang's challenges. Tao's are fun aside from it taking some getting used to randomly super jumping and how aerial they are. Relius' are surprisingly easy actually.

That being said, Bang's challenges are just EVIL to do back to back without restarting, since it puts you in "Super Saiyan Bang" mode, and doesn't reset after every challenge. Trying to do Bang's Astral when he's Super Saiyan, and trying to do combos in it is just...just WRONG. :urg:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That being said, Bang's challenges are just EVIL to do back to back without restarting, since it puts you in "Super Saiyan Bang" mode, and doesn't reset after every challenge. Trying to do Bang's Astral when he's Super Saiyan, and trying to do combos in it is just...just WRONG. :urg:
It's this attitude that stops Bang from reaching SS tier.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Man, none of you are allowed to talk about pain in CS1 unless you played Tsubaki.

or Rachel.

Top Bottom