• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Well I tried. The three matches I played were ridiculously laggy for me lol. And as a room I can't really get used to the lag either. 3+ delay with makoto is impossible `-`.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Good games Giga/Koopa (Hey, that's kinda catchy), Rutger, Crusayer, and on the off chance Darkblaze sees this, than GGs to him too. I know some of the things I did were really stupid, but I hope that besides the Tager match that I'll eternally be bad at, I've improved. Any um...thoughts/comments/suggestions?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I know, I know. Like I said, I sort of tend to approach Tager like a Potemkin matchup. The thing is, I'm used to that matchup as Millia and Faust, and I don't have the double air dash/speed of Millia or the multiple teleports/wonky moves of Faust as Noel, so when I go in, I sometimes am like "oh crap, I can't get out fast enough". :urg:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Approaching Tager as Potemkin is your first mistake because Tager isn't Potemkin. Likewise, Noel isn't Millia/Faust.

Don't abuse drive. Don't abuse your C moves. They're almost all projectiles, and Tager can just sledge through it. Use more 5B, if it counterhits, you can combo it into 3C for big damage. Or if you see him going for a command grab, 2D will beat it.

Basically, just play this match-up as safe as possible.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I know last night, I kept going in with the bit of block pressure and the A/B mixup strings and all that with the occasional C and then backing out. But I always got too impatient. I THINK I've got a much better handle on the Hakumen match though, I'll say.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
2A and 2C are both plus on block. The problem with Noel's C moves are that they have projectile attribute, so if the Tager reads you correctly, he can just sledge through it. So, you want to pressure him a little bit, and then get away quickly. Rinse, repeat. Work on hitconfirming with your faster normals.

The Noel vs. Tager matchup will always be bad for Noel. It's just the way it is.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
God, barrier recharge was almost nonexistant in that video. That's going to be interesting.
So after playing yesterday I realize I was an idiot and that the barrier recharge rate had not changed in that video. I guess I never really payed any attention to it before, the increased barrier drain on blocked hits must have made it more noticable.

I'm a little sad no one pointed out my idiocy though, I would have went on believing that for a long time if it wasn't game night yesterday. >_>

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Honestly, I didn't even notice that post. :urg:

Bump, because I haven't seen it in any vids yet, but apparently, Relius' astral has different binding methods.

Ragna: bound to a cross.
Arakune: stuck in a flask.
Tager: sandwiched between two magnets.

Also, apparently, Relius and Carl have a (really long!) special opening, but that makes sense.

CPUs also use bursts now, but it doesn't say which mode, specifically, or if it's all of them.

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Live I didn't play yall. I saw alot of lag and didnt want to deal with that :<

Thino

Smash Master
Honestly, I didn't even notice that post. :urg:

Bump, because I haven't seen it in any vids yet, but apparently, Relius' astral has different binding methods.

Ragna: bound to a cross.
Arakune: stuck in a flask.
Tager: sandwiched between two magnets.

Also, apparently, Relius and Carl have a (really long!) special opening, but that makes sense.

CPUs also use bursts now, but it doesn't say which mode, specifically, or if it's all of them.
where did you get all this info from?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
CSE on vita isn't getting released in the US until after e3?
Waaat.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's the same place that said it would be a disc release before without anyone else saying that.

I still think a disc release is likely, but I want to wait for Arcsys to officially announce it now. :/

CSE on vita isn't getting released in the US until after e3?
Waaat.
I'm pretty sure it meant that Aksys said they will bring it over during the last E3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

I just finished reading that Siliconera article. They're only FIFTY PERCENT complete with the story, as of BBCSEX?

What in the hell else are they gonna throw into this? How many more games are there gonna be?

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom