• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Went to a BB tournament today.

It was really small. Only 8 entrants, because everyone in this state hates blazblue.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Back from T12 and holy crap was it a blast. I can get into some more stuff when I'm not tired as all heck from it. I'll put them in bullet points:

The weekend was well, quite the adventure from the moment I managed to get a whopping 4 hours of sleep Friday night.

- I had to leave a bit early as it was over a 5 hour drive back so we left at a bit after 6.

- Combofiend was amazingly kicking everyone's butt in Marvel to probably the surprise of nobody.

- There was crazy hype, AND shenanigans over the raffle. Especially when they called a number for the first joystick, nobody showed up, went to call another, and the guy showed up again. EVERYBODY harassed the hell out of the guy.

- Ran into Luke Perry (Halifax guy) and a buddy of his when he was having Mu dittos with Pochp. On top of those matches being crazy (I think Pochp won, not sure), he was beasting people in Third Strike with his (I think) Urien. Also, said comparing Mu notes with Lythium helped him get better. Was pretty nice and level-headed.

- I kinda had a bad draw with starting off facing a Tager and then facing Level5Chan's Tsubaki (BEFORE he leveled up). Luckily, I didn't get blown up and I ALMOST had both of them on like 3 separate occasions. Dropping the Fenrir ender to the combo in the right corner on pad was probably my downfall, since I seemed to have learned the matches better (hell, I was oddly enough doing mad footsies in the Tsubaki matchup for only having 4 hours of rest, lol.

- Unfortunately, XDest (the Tao board mod on Dustloop) was a giant arrogant jerk for 90% of the time I saw him or played him in casuals. Someone accidentally bumped into him and apologized, and he muttered under his breath and glared at them like a troll. Also, when you'd talk to him he'd just turn and look straight at you with this "who the hell do you think you are?" look on his face. Not to mention that during my match against the Tager, he kept yelling instructions and coaching from the side, when at first I thought "whatever, he'll just do it once and stop", but he didn't even when I asked him to stop, the bracket manager told him "it's tournament man, cut that out", and I then snapped and told him to stop being a jerk and stfu. It got to a point that a bunch of people who didn't even want Montreal to win rooted for them out of personal dislike from him. It's entirely possible I'm wrong about him sure, but it certainly was NOT a good first impression.

- And apparently only the Nini/Level5 and the last bit of grant finals got shown on stream with regards to Blazblue. There was a hotel problem and Kirbster/XDest, Level6/XDest, and most of the Grand Finals weren't on the stream. I'm not 100% sure if they were recorded overall, but I'd think they would be.

All in all, it was an awesome experience and I only wish there were more like that around.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sucks that XDest was a **** though, seriously. Yeah, Luke plays Urien in 3S. It's scary good. Man, I want to go back to Montreal so bad now. Gotta level up. :3c

Sounds like you had an awesome time though! I hope they recorded finals at least.

edit: Didn't even notice that I posted the same links as Rutger. :I

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd think they would have recorded finals since if the only thing that messed up was the internet connection, I don't see why that would magically make stuff not be recorded.

And I'm intrigued about the DLC stuff for CSX. Especially that Mori didn't dismiss the possibility of DLC Characters.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://www.4gamer.net/games/139/G013945/20110926020/

That apparently confirms a PS3/360 disc release like we expected. It's at 5980 yen and preorders get a bonus soundtrack.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/2...end-blazblue-continuum-shift-extend-with-dlc/

Siliconera says Mori confirmed DLC for CSE, but nothing on what it will be.
According to an online money converter 5980 yen = $78. That can't be right. :@

Also, I wish Aksys would tell us some of this information...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Games are generally much more expensive in Japan than they are in North America. They usually pay about $20 more (give or take) for their games.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, okay.

But that still means we should be paying the full $60. :(
I was hoping it would be $40 like CS...

Oh well, I just hope we get the preorder bonus as well.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Games are generally much more expensive in Japan than they are in North America. They usually pay about $20 more (give or take) for their games.
I swear, I have no idea how the heck you seem to know so much about Japanese culture/costs/opinions/etc on things like this, lol.

And maybe it'd be like $60 for the pre-order that includes the soundtrack and all that?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh, okay.

But that still means we should be paying the full $60. :(
I was hoping it would be $40 like CS...

Oh well, I just hope we get the preorder bonus as well.
CS was full price in Japan, but we got it cheaper.

It all depends on Aksys.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Making me want to study Japanese again. So hard to work on that consitently. I miss it, it was so much fun. :(

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I hated my spanish classes honestly, but after those I ended up taking Japanese at the last minute.

Those two years of Japanese were the best parts of high school for me.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
"Chinese" would probably be hard to learn because it's actually a number of languages, primarily Mandarin and Cantonese. ;)

I know what you mean though. The only secondary language I know is uh...kinda grade 9 French.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Chinese is hard because there's no alphabet. It's memorization for the thousands of different symbols :s.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Chinese is hard because there's no alphabet. It's memorization for the thousands of different symbols :s.
There are intuitive parts. For example, most characters dealing with water have the same left half.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also, doesn't Chinese have only one way to read each kanji? Or is it like Japanese where there are multiple ways to read it?

And is that a Tenri avatar I see?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Each symbol is unique for the pronunciation, but depending on the pitch of how you pronounce something, it could mean a different word.

Yes, some symbols you can sorta "derive" the meaning. But you can't really guess spell anything in chinese. Reading maybe, but not writing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also, doesn't Chinese have only one way to read each kanji? Or is it like Japanese where there are multiple ways to read it?

And is that a Tenri avatar I see?
Chinese characters only have one pronunciation. And yes, Tenri is the best the best the best the

Top Bottom