• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
Dont deal with rank. Its a waste of time since most of them will RQ once your about to win... They really care about their reputation -_-

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's not THAT many ragequitters.

I only run into like 1-2 per maybe 20-30 fights.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If they have a red name, I pick Bang and furinkazan time out.

I dunno how to play Bang, but red usually means they're bad enough that I can just zip around and win. They also don't usually ragequit on timeouts.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I usually picked tager and command grab > 22c > xhowmanyittooktokillthem.
But stupid cs2 made it so you have to choose your character before you find a match. :c

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I avoid all these problems by not playing online. Unless it's with you guys.

Speaking of which, there's a LH fighting game night scheduled for Tuesday night this week. Anyone interested in making a PS3 room?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Tuesday sounds great, I don't have to worry about class the next morning.

I could try hosting again, but my connection with you and Livewire was 0/1 iirc. If no one else wants to then I'll host again.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
i gave up on my psr. i can't get it up to 180 without grinding the f*** out of rank and if i lose atleast ONE match i get screwed over.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Tuesday sounds great, I don't have to worry about class the next morning.

I could try hosting again, but my connection with you and Livewire was 0/1 iirc. If no one else wants to then I'll host again.
Huh, that's weird because I had a good connection with Lythium and thought a decent one with you. Which was surprising because it was raining pretty bad outside.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't think the numbers are the most accurate, back when I played in ranked I ran into a lot of 0s that were not terrible. :/

The matches with you two were not bad imo, but that's what I remember seeing.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, I'm pretty far out in terms of location, so if someone who's more centralized would like to host, that's cool.

It really depends though, I played someone who lives in BC once, and we had a pretty decent connection, I was surprised.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Soo, speculation that there might be new menu music for extend as well.

Also extend is gonna be on arcades sometime this month.
I guess probably next week.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, I never really mentioned or noticed this before but...the network/online kind of makes me hate Lambda/Nu's theme as well, it's the one theme you're guaranteed to hear when you go online.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't mind it.

When you main Nu/Lambda you get used to hearing her theme.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
You know, I never really mentioned or noticed this before but...the network/online kind of makes me hate Lambda/Nu's theme as well, it's the one theme you're guaranteed to hear when you go online.
That's the only thing I don't like about that theme.

But at least it's not Tao's theme. I hope Daisuke changes up the music when we get BBZ like what happened with GG. Make Tao's more May/Bridget esque, that would make me happy.

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
I know how you feel... I sometimes get sick of hearing the same music over and over again.... but not TSUBAKI'S <3

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah but only for arcades.
The console/vita release is still set for 12/17.

Still really early compared to previous console releases, though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The only themes I don't care for are Bullet Dance and Catus Carnival.

Catus Carnival has grown on me in a way, being a Tao main.

Some of my favorites are Endless Despair, Reppu/Gale, and Blood Pain.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Gluttony Fang is too jazz odyssey.
Pretty much this. The bridge is cool, though. So is the solo.

There's not a single track from this game that I dislike and will not listen to. Some tracks are better than others by my reckoning , however. Alexandrite (Makoto's theme) is easily my personal favorite. Daisuke put a lot of effort into Makoto's theme, I feel, 'cause it doesn't seem as repetitive or as crunchy as the others. There's definitely a sense of progression; you can tell there's a beginning, a middle, and an end to the track.

Don't get me wrong. Not all of the tracks in BB resonate like that for me. They are certainly not GG tracks that are more or less looped for three or so minutes with the same set of chords and riffs playing until the very end (though I still <3 GG's soundtrack. Can't have a playlist without tracks from that series). I just felt that, in certain songs, there was little variation in progression. Gluttony Fang is a good example of that; other than the middle part and the solo, there was no variety or inflection.

Just my two cents.

Smooth Criminal

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only songs I really hate are Arakune's theme and that random song with words I can't pronounce. The only one with vocals that's not a theme song or Bang's song.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
By "anime songs" I mean the ones that go with the intro videos. With the names I don't remember.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, but the CS1 theme sucks. :(
CT theme is boss.

I hope the CSE theme is good.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My only real beef with Arakune's theme is that it sounds way too heroic at times. The creepy piano, the discordant synths, the spasmodic drums...those fit well. Just bits of the guitarwork (the main bridge, iirc my music correctly) sound out of place. Like, I don't think of Arakune the character in a favorable light; he's a slightly tragic, but greedy, ******* warped by his own ambition. Those snatches of guitarwork where it sounds...triumphant almost kills the track and its mood.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom