• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Cool astral. I wish I understood what he was saying. Relius looking pretty interesting imo.

So, I guess H.H is at the loketest, and he was explaining how Mu's charged 214D works:

You hold D, the entire startup completes, then habakiri becomes active instantly after you let go of the button, but Mu is stuck in the startup animation with her arms thrown back while delaying it.
:3c

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Konan won SBO.

Considering four Lambdas qualified, I'm not really surprised that one of them made it to top 8. I am surprised that not more Makotos did though, especially Goro. Also, Tetsu didn't make it? :(

edit:

1. Konan (Tsubaki)
2. Takahashi or R-1, whatever he goes by these days (Noel)

Top 4: Dora (Bang), R-2 (Noel)
Top 6: Doritosu (Makoto), Yoshiki (Lambda)
Top 8: Galileo (Litchi), Senchou (Valk)

Respectable, reserved Noel lost. Mashy R-1 is a grand finalist. Welp.

Lol, hey Takahashi/HighTower/R-1 was around first, so I'd imagine he'd do better.

Edit: That's a funky Astral. Though oddly enough the main thing I noticed in the video were the 2 Ragna chicks.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, it was "HighBridge."

And I dunno, I mean there's no doubting that R-1 is really good, I just like R-2 a lot more. I like how he handles the character, in terms of where and how he uses a variety of his tools. I'm not disappointed about R-1, moreso, I'm just disappointed that R-2 didn't get farther.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Konan won SBO.

Considering four Lambdas qualified, I'm not really surprised that one of them made it to top 8. I am surprised that not more Makotos did though, especially Goro. Also, Tetsu didn't make it? :(

edit:

1. Konan (Tsubaki)
2. Takahashi or R-1, whatever he goes by these days (Noel)

Top 4: Dora (Bang), R-2 (Noel)
Top 6: Doritosu (Makoto), Yoshiki (Lambda)
Top 8: Galileo (Litchi), Senchou (Valk)

Respectable, reserved Noel lost. Mashy R-1 is a grand finalist. Welp.
YEAAAH GALILEO WHOOOO!! <3<3<3 Tsubaki winning and Lambda/Bang placing also proves just how balanced this game is :D.

No Rachel makes me sad though... why isn't this aoniku guy playing anymore and why aren't there any vids of his Rachel ;_;

I've been at Rachel's lvl2 top combos for like 2 hours today.

****ing ****.
Good luck. I took me AGES to pull it off consistently. I danced when I found out it was able to do without much trouble.

:052:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
People are still going nuts over Konan winning SBO, so I imagine there will be info soon once the hype dies down.

The only change I've seen so far is that Tager's sledge follow-up has more untechable time and can now be used in corner combos.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not too hyped about SBO. :(
But it's nice that another non S-tier character won a large tournament.
BB repping that awesome balance.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
OH JEEZ.

I'll show you online sometime. Not pretty, lol.
Haha, okay! I'll play my terribad Lambda with you. :3c

Not too hyped about SBO. :(
But it's nice that another non S-tier character won a large tournament.
BB repping that awesome balance.
Yeah, I agree. I was pretty pleased with the results. Top 8 was pretty evenly spread out. Was surprised that wasn't even one Tao though.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still sad not even one rachel qualified though. :1

Also Lambda has to be better than those arcadia tier lists have been putting her as.
There's no way that many qualifying is just a coincidence.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know what you mean. ;-;

I guess H.H almost qualified with Mu at the last-minute qualifiers, but he played against Isa, and kept dropping combos on Makoto's janky hitbox.

And Lambda's only one spot below Tsubaki on the tier list.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
A Mu would've been cool too. :079:

Yeah but that's only like mid tier.
And the only character who had more qualifiers than lambda was Makoto ... but maybe Lambda is just REALLY over-popular or something, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Next year is gonna be all lolis and yandere robots.

Well, I mean, Lambda's not super amazing, so it makes sense. But she is really popular in Japan... so, who knows? Despite there being lots of Lambda players, the only one that I usually see is Tsukasa.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
All high level japanese lambda's I see never fail to impress me.
Every video I see they're always doing something new or creative that makes me go "whoa".
I wish it was the same way for other characters.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, I agree. I was pretty pleased with the results. Top 8 was pretty evenly spread out. Was surprised that wasn't even one Tao though.
Tao not making it into top 8 surprised me too, but I also don't know anything about the(two?) Taos that made it in. :/

It's a little dissapointing after a Tao won the last SBO though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
All high level japanese lambda's I see never fail to impress me.
Every video I see they're always doing something new or creative that makes me go "whoa".
I wish it was the same way for other characters.
I totally agree with you there. And then I'm like man, I didn't even Lambda could do stuff like that. She's got a cool metagame for sure.

Tao not making it into top 8 surprised me too, but I also don't know anything about the(two?) Taos that made it in. :/

It's a little dissapointing after a Tao won the last SBO though.
Yeah, but didn't that Tao switch to Makoto? :p

I think Izayoi plays at a-cho a lot, so if you look at their YT vids, you should definitely see him. He plays the pink colour, I think.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There's also the fact that many Lambda players played her in CS1 and Nu in CT. That accounts for a lot.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I was under the impression that Aoniku hasn't played since CT.

I'm not sure how this points system works at the arcades, but at most Japanese videos you can see PSR: (number) at the bottom of the screen. The higher the number, the 'better' the player is supposed to be, it's a kind of leaderboards. I am told that Aoniku is first (by far!) with a PSR of 304, but that he doesn't play anymore, and there aren't any vids of his CS2 Rachel.

:053:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Nice stick, PTZR.

I'm not sure how this points system works at the arcades, but at most Japanese videos you can see PSR: (number) at the bottom of the screen. The higher the number, the 'better' the player is supposed to be, it's a kind of leaderboards. I am told that Aoniku is first (by far!) with a PSR of 304, but that he doesn't play anymore, and there aren't any vids of his CS2 Rachel.

:053:
I've heard that too, but I've also heard rumours of a bug or something in the NESiCA system, which accidentally awarded him a bunch of extra PSR. So, unless we ever see vids of this guy, who knows?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I care mostly because i've had good people be paired against me before and they end up taking me as a complete joke and just trolling me during the first round.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I did ranked probably 30 matches at best on the PS3. None whatsoever on 360 so far.
I really should just to get more matchup experience though. I just hate dealing with lag.

Top Bottom