• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
kay so me and Crusayer are in Vancouver right now en route to Genesis 2. ....yyyyyeah we didn't bring a PS3 to do our match. We gonna hafta wait. Or get DQ'd. Either way, if you wait that'd be mad chill. What if we did a match of Smash Bros. would that count?

:troll:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
yeah change it to Platinum
Sure thing!

kay so me and Crusayer are in Vancouver right now en route to Genesis 2. ....yyyyyeah we didn't bring a PS3 to do our match. We gonna hafta wait. Or get DQ'd. Either way, if you wait that'd be mad chill. What if we did a match of Smash Bros. would that count?

:troll:
YOU GUYS SUCK. :mad:

JK JK, do it when you get back.

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
Yamada, if we're going to play tonight, send me a VM/PM, I'll be on SWF all night.
Sorry I didn't know since Smashboards wasn't working for me, so I didn't know.... I would be on later on tonight. If you want to do the match!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sorry I didn't know since Smashboards wasn't working for me, so I didn't know.... I would be on later on tonight. If you want to do the match!
Alright, again, just message me here.

I'll have a friend over tonight, but I can take the time to get our match done.

O_J

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, real quick before the mods ban me, my friend is playing through Story Mode and I'm trying to help him out but I can't remember whose endings unlock whose or what endings you have to complete to get the true ending. Does anyone remember whose stories you have to beat to unlock the true ending? I know you need the true endings of Ragna, Noel, Rachel, Tsubaki, Tager, Hakumen, and Hazama, but is there anyone else?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
why can that guy get 6b > dash 5c to hit when i can't even do 6b> 5a? :(
Is it because he hit with the very end or something?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
why can that guy get 6b > dash 5c to hit when i can't even do 6b> 5a? :(
Is it because he hit with the very end or something?
For Platinum? Yeah, just hit with the end of her 6B's active frames by not doing it too close.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ugh, I've got that feeling that I've reached a plateau. Except not a good one. I do okay against people I play against all the time or people that don't know the match-up. But my play feels so mushy and sloppy, overall.

I feel like I can't get any better unless I really step everything up, I'm just not sure how. :(

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Ugh, I've got that feeling that I've reached a plateau. Except not a good one. I do okay against people I play against all the time or people that don't know the match-up. But my play feels so mushy and sloppy, overall.

I feel like I can't get any better unless I really step everything up, I'm just not sure how. :(
Take a Break, recollect your confidence then try later.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
darky sama i can play, just give me like 25 minutes and ill get on

btw i think its winners final so its 3/5

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Alright, I'll be on.

And Lythium, Tager is just a silly character anyway. Playing him online doesn't make it any better either. I finally figured out how to do the match-up with Hazama since 236C out-prioritizes Tager like a *****, and all those character specific combos on him with 6C. fffff... amazing.

What character were you using anyway? lol

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I can't really complain because a) I was playing offline and b) I play Mu, and that matchup is ridiculously in her favour.

I just make stupid mistakes all the time, and the frustration builds. I try to play super safe, and take my time. But Tager matches are so boring, so I get impatient and start doing risky things to make him die faster. I know it's dumb matchup, and I know what problems are when I play it. I just have to work on fixing them.

Mostly, it was when I was playing against my boyfriend's Jin that I noticed how sloppy my play seemed. ;-;

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
good games darky! i think u were starting to figure my playstyle out on that last hazama mirror, tense as hell

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lythium, don't worry too much about getting stuck because of like shaken confidence or whatever. I run into that every now and then and it bugs me too. However, my main thing that annoys me about playing Noel in CS2 is that I find myself to be a lot more Drive-dependent than I was in CS1. Yes, I know Drive is used a ton in her combos and a necessary part, but I feel like I've lost some of the knowledge of being able to get non-Drive pressure going, work a 6B into a valid combo starter, get a 3C going, working on the whole 22BBBBBC type thing, and all of that. It's a weird feeling and one that's a head scratcher to shake, so I feel ya.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Darn, I know nobody wants to play right now at this time of night, but is anyone willing to play with me, a Hakumain, tommorrow at like some time after 3 or 4-ish?

I also just noticed that Lythium hasn't been here as long as I have, and has over 11,000 more posts than I o.O

Also, I haven't played in a little while, so I might have some rust on my sword. LoL destroys lives.

Of course, these would just be friendlies. And I play XBL only. Tag is X The Derp (original, eh?).

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Aw yisss. I have all dem posts. :3c

Lythium, don't worry too much about getting stuck because of like shaken confidence or whatever. I run into that every now and then and it bugs me too. However, my main thing that annoys me about playing Noel in CS2 is that I find myself to be a lot more Drive-dependent than I was in CS1. Yes, I know Drive is used a ton in her combos and a necessary part, but I feel like I've lost some of the knowledge of being able to get non-Drive pressure going, work a 6B into a valid combo starter, get a 3C going, working on the whole 22BBBBBC type thing, and all of that. It's a weird feeling and one that's a head scratcher to shake, so I feel ya.
Yeah, I know the feeling will pass. I'm trying to figure out new combos and things, and not having Dustloop as a resource isn't that bad, just kind of irritating. I was trying to figure out a DP RC combo, and I was like, "Okay, I have one." But is this the best I can do, in the circumstances?, etc.

As far as being "drive-dependent," that's probably just because you're playing CS2 Noel like CS1 Noel. For the most part, her drives aren't that good now. Use more 5A. Use it all the time.

GGs Raziek
2-0
Sorry, but who won? :embarrass:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Online ranked matches are so silly. Some Platinum/Rachel main got wrecked by my Hazama and felt the need to spam me with messages going "TRASH". Backthrow > Astral too good? lololol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
so anybody actually know why dustloop is down? :(
Do they have a facebook or something?

Online ranked matches are so silly. Some Platinum/Rachel main got wrecked by my Hazama and felt the need to spam me with messages going "TRASH". Backthrow > Astral too good? lololol
I fought against a makoto with lambda a couple days ago and zoned them the whole time, and after they sent me a bunch of hatemail about me being cheap.

Why didn't i get any hate mail when i spent 90% of my ranked matches timing people out with rachel in cs1? :urg:

Oh and don't worry, i'm horrible at the tager matchup too. :bee:
i still have no idea how to handle his pressure ... i just jump out as quickly as possible because i'm scared i'm gonna get command grabbed.
and i don't watch his sparkbolt meter either, and then i go "WAAAAAAT?" when i get hit with it.
every. single. time.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I haven't checked my PS3 today, Yamada, but any time over the weekend (including tonight) would probably be okay unless I feel off at some random point, lol.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody want to play friendlies with me right now? Or sometime later today/tonight, I haven't played with any of you guys in a pretty long time.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Okay, so matches that still need to be played:
- Crusayer vs. Kuraudo
- Yamada vs. Livewire
- Kuraudo vs. Scamp

:bee:

so anybody actually know why dustloop is down? :(
Do they have a facebook or something?

Oh and don't worry, i'm horrible at the tager matchup too. :bee:
i still have no idea how to handle his pressure ... i just jump out as quickly as possible because i'm scared i'm gonna get command grabbed.
and i don't watch his sparkbolt meter either, and then i go "WAAAAAAT?" when i get hit with it.
every. single. time.
Dustloop is offline because there's a problem with their CPU usage, and their provider has taken them down until they can rectify the issues.

And yeah, freaking Tager. Also, it's one of those matches that you don't feel good about ever, doesn't matter if you win or lose. :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, essentially it goes like this, and I'll try to use examples to help.

Dustloop is an indepth forum on Blazblue that includes combos, character discussion, frame discussion and data, changes from each game, match-up charts, and basically every bit of info you could need and then some. It also is the same thing for Guilty Gear.

Smashboards (this here), is essentially a similar thing for Smash Bros Brawl, and Melee.

Shoryuken.net is pretty much the Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom equivalent (along with a couple others that don't have sites?)

Test Your Might is one for, as you'd imagine, the Mortal Kombat series

There's also one for Arcana Heart, but I forgot what it's called. I'd guess something like "HomingCancel" or whatnot.

Top Bottom