• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
hey lythium could u update the front page for me again?

i changed my psn name to ZinGy_

thx <3

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Probably should have said this earlier, but ggs Artur... at least when I actually started getting back to doing stuff, lol.

My only complaints would be that, 1) I'm mad rusty and 2) that stuff was so laggy, I would've countered you like 15 times on wake-up XD.

GGs though.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I can play this on PSN now, add me for some practice (im horrible)

SummerLullaby (BANG-BAN-BAN-BANG!)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sure, I'll change the OP.

Unfortunately, Minato's PS3 bit it for good, it seems, so Jam is now in grand finals.

edit: DUSTLOOP IS BACK UP, YO.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Wow, that sucks Minato. You really had a good run too.

I guess my question is, if Jam takes Minato's spot in Grand Finals, what does that do to the rest of the loser's bracket?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, those were good. A bunch of back and forth matches, close rounds, comebacks, and shenanigans that I don't really have a name for on both sides. Gotta admit, thought I had you a couple of times. ;)

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
I was surprised that noel can do that. Now i know a little bit more of noel :D

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Haha, well, I was trying to be unorthodox and...stuff. I swear, no matter how many times I face a Carl, I always get surprised by some of the stuff that happens. I might put our matches up on my Youtube like I did my ones with Crusayer so anyone who wants to see can. Unless you mind.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well, I was trying to be unorthodox and...stuff. I swear, no matter how many times I face a Carl, I always get surprised by some of the stuff that happens. I might put our matches up on my Youtube like I did my ones with Crusayer so anyone who wants to see can. Unless you mind.
i would like to see that.can you send me the links?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Oh, I meant to say it on here yesterday. Good games before, Arturefo. Your Lambda is really good. I was like "Ohhh, ****" when you started Crescent Saber looping that one guy in the corner. lol

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I meant to say it on here yesterday. Good games before, Arturefo. Your Lambda is really good. I was like "Ohhh, ****" when you started Crescent Saber looping that one guy in the corner. lol
yeah,great games.i didnt fought against your lambda,but your hazama is pretty good.im looking foward to play with you again.;)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
To the Lambda mains, I've been practicing some gold burst setups/combos.

Throw > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > double jump > burst > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > Calamity Sword > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > Crescent Saber.

Throw > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > double jump > burst > 5DD > 236C > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > Crescent Saber

236C > Dash > Burst > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > Calamity Sword > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > jump string.

236C > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > double jump > Burst > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > Calamity Sword > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > jump string.

Another nice setup for it (which also works with Mu for maximum exposure):
Air throw > Rapid > Burst.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I'm watching matches and looking at the damage combos can do. Do you think it's a good thing if games essentially require two hit confirms and a mixup to win, or do you think it's better that it requires more of each?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You have that backwards.

Throw > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > double jump > burst > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > Calamity Sword > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > Crescent Saber.

Throw > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > double jump > burst > 5DD > 236C > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > Crescent Saber

236C > Dash > Burst > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > Calamity Sword > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > jump string.

236C > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.5DD > j.2DD > double jump > Burst > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > Calamity Sword > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > jump string.
-practices these-
I think throw > dash > 2dd > 214a > burst would work too.

I am SO using this.
with both mu and lambda.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman

i'll try that some other time

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hmm, I wonder what I can get off of this...

To training mode!

edit: Alrighty, after much ****ing around, I came up with these combos for Mu!

Midscreen: air throw > RC > gold burst > walk forward > 6A > 6B > dash > 6A > j.2C > dash > 2B > 5C > 6C > xD > 63214C
- does 5.1k if you sub 632146C at the end instead of SoD, but at that point, it's probably not worth it for 100 meter
- cannot do 6C > 6D > 632146D > etc. (proration is too garbage, it just breaks apart at the last bit)
- can substitute for 6C > 5D > j.2C > 6D at the end for less damage, better oki set-ups

Corner: air throw > RC > gold burst > 6A > 6B > 6A > j.2C > j.D > 2B > 5C > 2C > :j.2C > 3C > 63214C
- didn't bother to check damage for 632146C, but it's probably about 5.4k-ish, give or take

I don't think the corner one is really worth using a gold burst imo. Mu has better and more damaging set-ups for the corner. If you did get an airthrow in the corner, you could probably just do airthrow > RC > 6B > dash > 5B > 6A > corner loop.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I think that air throw > rapid > burst is one of the most beneficial things I've found for my Lambda's metagame. I can actually get up to 5k with her in a midscreen combo now.

Any character? And why does Noel matter?
Because it's not that difficult for Noel to win a match with 2 hit confirms-- and considering how easy she can get those hits is kinda silly. Other characters, a lot harder, but if we are talking about other characters winning a match by comboing off of 2 hit confirms and a mix-up, that's wonderful.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So you're saying CS2 is more footsie oriented than mixup oriented?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Makoto can kill you off of two hitconfirms too, I'm pretty sure. So can Jin, without any doubt. Hazama can, with meter, I suppose.

I would say that BB has a lack of mixup compared to some games. But I also think that's what they were aiming for.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So you're saying CS2 is more footsie oriented than mixup oriented?
Like Guilty and stuff, the game focuses on okizeme the most which can also mean it's a mix of both.
Footsies to land that one hit and then oki setups to mixups until they're dead or they manage to break free.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most characters can kill off of 2 hitconfirms in the right circumstances.
rachel can get 5k easily midscreen with meter (albeit using most of her wind in the process, but she also usually gets most of it back too).
tao can do like 4k + corner carry meterless off of certain hits.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's so true. Also, there are so many times when you think the combo is finished, but it just keeps going.

I like that Russian Roulette vid. :3c

Top Bottom