• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You have to pick a cheaper character than Bang.

Like a zoner.

Obv.
I like how in this game playing a zoning character limits you to like 3 characters whereas in SF playing a zoner means playing a zoner means half the cast.

If a character's that easy to play, I don't even know why I bother with Noel.
It's because you're a lolicon.

And an idiot.

EDIT: To clarify, he's not an idiot for maining Noel, he's an idiot for other reasons.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
SSFIV on the PS3 has one extra frame of lag or something.
Oh, really? I would love to see just how "scientific" their testing method was.

Dang man, excuse me for not giving a totally serious 100% correct answer. Please don't fail me. I'll do anything. But yeah, 5$, although they did give a deal for 40$ for a year +800 MS points recently...
I was just kidding. :p

One of the rare times I play online, and I got some really great hate mail.

"mu is cheap and broke as hell you scrub learn a real character"

Yeeeeep. :3c
Haha, I get mail all the time. Most of the time it says "You got lucky" or "****ing Noel main" or "Man play a real character instead of that gay ****."

It makes up for all the times that I lose against Litchi. Almost. :awesome:

If a character's that easy to play, I don't even know why I bother with Noel.
Another Noel main? *high five*

Anyway, I got Guilty Gear X2 today for ps2, and it's really fun! So far, I think I might main Bridget, but I don't really know for sure yet.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I got hate mail in a FPS before, but never BBCS.

AND I use Tager, Hakumen, and Rawrgnya :).

Yaya

Smash Champion
If you REALLY like Guilty Gear, you won't like Blazblue that much.
Maybe I could wait it out until they introduce Robo-Jin as a character, then I have a main in Blazblue, Robo-Ky mirror matches is probably the most fun I have in Guilty Gear.

Robo-Ky is god **** amazing and if you think otherwise you clearly have not seen him.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hey hey, hold up here. Don't be knocking us Noel mains, OR thinking about giving up. We gotta stick with it! :bee:
Rep da flat chest! Brofists all around.

Maybe I could wait it out until they introduce Robo-Jin as a character, then I have a main in Blazblue, Robo-Ky mirror matches is probably the most fun I have in Guilty Gear.

Robo-Ky is god **** amazing and if you think otherwise you clearly have not seen him.
They do have Robo-Jin as a character. It's called DLC colour pack number two.

And yes, I know. I play against a Robo main all the time. He can do some really annoying ****. He can do the first part of the Nezu combo. It's really dumb.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In response to Werekill, yeah X2 is pretty fun, but I noticed you can't do a bunch of the Millia stuff that I've seen people pull off in Accent Core or even some stuff they do in Slash in it, which kinda makes me sad. However, I remember from playing Slash at my friend's place that the hilarious thing about Robo-Ky is that you can like 6 hit combo just by using his crouching Hard Slash where he launches the rocket, lol.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace

Robo Ky has 2 of the best combos in GG I've ever seen :D.

Overheat 5p xx infinity and Nezu's 100+ hit shenanigans. And the best taunt in the game. Fun times for sure.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So I got bored and decided to play Arakune, since everyone jokes about how you can just bind all your buttons to D and win.

Jesus ****ing ****, you could probably bind all your buttons to D and win, that **** is so stupid, BEES, BEES EVERYWHERE

Gates

Banned via Warnings
For BBCSII they need to re-design Unlimited Noel to give her invincibility on all her normals.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So I got bored and decided to play Arakune, since everyone jokes about how you can just bind all your buttons to D and win.

Jesus ****ing ****, you could probably bind all your buttons to D and win, that **** is so stupid, BEES, BEES EVERYWHERE
Only when you have curse. Arakune is pretty meh until you get it.

So Noel has invincibility on her Astral as well, huh?

WHAT THE ****
It's invincible on start-up until it hits. You mad?

You can't even burst through it. I won a tournament match that way. It was pretty much the coolest thing I've ever done. :O

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oddly enough, I've never gone for the Astral...weird. That being said though, with all the ripping and gutting of Noel, even from CT to CS, I don't think people can really complain about invincibility in the Astral...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Regardless, can't Noel just combo into it by backthrow into Astral?
But using an Astral to go through the opponent's attack must suck for the person on the receiving end. lol

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
But using an Astral to go through the opponent's attack must suck for the person on the receiving end. lol
Yes it is. But it's okay, I made up for it by making another Noel ragequit after getting a perfect.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Alot of characters can astral after throws if I remember correctly. Cept the obv usual hakuman and etc. I wonder if Hazama can Astral from his back grab near the corner of the stage. Though he can 3C to astral which is pretty hard to input.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I hate you Katie! <3
<333

But it was so cool! :3c

Yeah, she totally can. She might be able to do it from any throw, actually. Except air throws. I can't remember for sure.

Yes it is. But it's okay, I made up for it by making another Noel ragequit after getting a perfect.
Yeah, why are you complaining? You play Litchi. :mad:

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Makoto has invincibility on hers, punishes bursts, and almost combos into it out of everything because it also picks up off the ground.

Makoto for best astral?

And I feel like playing one of you guys for the first time, anyone got a 360 and wanna play?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Except so does BBS for half the heat. And it covers almost the entire screen.

Freaking Makoto, man.

Sorry, I don't have it for 360. ;-;

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've been on the receiving end of Noel's Astral after a back throw. Sad part was... it Blue Beat once the AH had hit. :(

Anyway, I've been having difficulty winning online again. Tager matchup is pretty hard as Rachel.
But I think that's because I never really learned how to defend against Tager's moves.

In CT, all Rachel did was rushdown and not let Tager do anything. XD

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Was it a purple throw Minato? If so, son I am disappoint.

Purple throws are 30 frames to tech. That's enough time to go to the kitchen, make a sandwich, eat it, wash your dishes, check Facebook, call your grandma to wish her a happy birthday, play MSP dittos in Marvel, and then come back and tech the throw.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Makoto has invincibility on hers, punishes bursts, and almost combos into it out of everything because it also picks up off the ground.

Makoto for best astral?

And I feel like playing one of you guys for the first time, anyone got a 360 and wanna play?
Valk's is also comboable after nearly everything, hits 3 times on startup, airunblockable, and REALLY invincible.

Hakumen's counters throws for ****s sake.

Bang's has a ton of autoguard and is unblockable, slightly comboable.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Don't know enough about Valk, but Bang's is air only and really hard to land, and I think it only comboes off of CH 2D, haven't played any Bang's who combo into it.

H-man's takes too long to use, and can really only be used as either "I saw that coming" or in the middle of a block string, still needing to be unpredictable. It's actually better to just IB to j.D.

I also have a practice partner who mains Makoto and EVERY SINGLE EFFING TIME HE WINS, IT'S WITH THAT **** ASTRAL. Or a timeout.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Makoto also breaks the moon. I never saw Tager destroy any celestial bodies.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Even then, if you spam jab while Tager is pulling you in, you hit him out of it because he has no invincibility on his Astral.

It's kinda sad, really.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Tager's Astral is also a 1080. Try doing that standing.

Tager's Astral also takes twice as much meter to perform and does 2/3 about as much damage as his 720.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Don't know enough about Valk, but Bang's is air only and really hard to land, and I think it only comboes off of CH 2D, haven't played any Bang's who combo into it.

H-man's takes too long to use, and can really only be used as either "I saw that coming" or in the middle of a block string, still needing to be unpredictable. It's actually better to just IB to j.D.

I also have a practice partner who mains Makoto and EVERY SINGLE EFFING TIME HE WINS, IT'S WITH THAT **** ASTRAL. Or a timeout.
Hakumen's is only really **** because he uses his meter so **** much.

Air only? Learn to tk moves. Combos off of ground throw too. And has a trap 99% of people will fall for, throw anywhere, astral before kick lands. Because they'll tech the stun from the grab and get hit.

Oh and it beats just about every move in the game cause it has I think over 20 frames of autoguard. Something of that sort. Enough where I beat just about every move in the game with it at least.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So how many of you guys actually go for Astrals? I main Rachel soooo... yeah. Very rarely, if ever.
But whenever I'm using anyone else, I'll try to land them just for fun.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Yeah, Derp doesn't know all the stuff about Bang, but he does have a point when saying that he doesn't see Bang go for it often.

Makotos do. Bang's astral is p. legit though.

I go astral a good bit because Makoto's is just so good. It's so fast and it combos from just about everything she has.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So how many of you guys actually go for Astrals? I main Rachel soooo... yeah. Very rarely, if ever.

I main Lambda and she doesn't really have the greatest combos into supers. Her supers are also pretty easy to punish if you know how. I pretty much only use my meter if I go for RC combos. So yeah, Astral's definitely not out of the question for me to use.

236A -> Astral seems like an amazing mixup.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tager's Astral is also a 1080. Try doing that standing.

Tager's Astral also takes twice as much meter to perform and does 2/3 about as much damage as his 720.
I think you can buffer it with a backdash? :awesome:

I don't remember for sure.

Noel's has invincibility on start-up, and can combo it off of almost anything, so yeah, if I remember that I can Astral, I'll give it a shot.

Mu's is supposedly super easy to land, and combos off of her BnB starter. So I'm sure I could do it. I just haven't tried. Also, Mu's astral is really ugly. Which is a shame because her distortions look so cool.

Top Bottom