• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
and Izayoi looks fun, but I agree with Minato that she lacks something. Her movement looks kind of slow to me.
She wouldn't be Tsubaki if that wasn't the case. :/
I would really like a free D teleport, or at least lower the cost to always one stock. A command grab would be nice too.
I don't think her speed is bad since she also has some good range.

Oh well, I'll have to wait until I play her before I can complain about what she's missing.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Because we could have had a cool character, not Hazama-lite in a raincoat.
I don't agree with this at all, really.

#1: Terumi IS cool.

#2: If you have a problem with a sub-version of a character, you should logically also have a problem with Mu, Izayoi, and MAYBE even Relius. Terumi's design is a little less distinct, but how can you really make him drastically more distinct without plunking him in a goofy mech-suit thing like Mu/Izayoi?

#3: If it's not an aesthetic issue you have, then the real only legitimate complaint is similarity in actual playstyle. And while it's pretty opinion based, of course, I liken this very much to the Fox/Falco comparison in Smash. Yes, Terumi and Hazama have some noticeable overlaps compared to the other characters I mentioned. Mostly some of the normals, and a special/distortion or two. But the character is the sum of its parts, and just by virtue of a few things, Terumi is just NOT a clone of Hazama. Lack of Chain movement and having an actual dash are the two largest contributors, because those are the largest fundamental components of Hazama's design.

I'm mainly taking issue with this because I'm clearly really excited for the character, but I just don't agree with him being a waste of a slot. He's not going to play much at ALL like Hazama does, so it's close to the same personality on a largely different overall design. :l

Besides, who else could you even want at this point? Only candidates I could think of are like.... Saya, Nine/Phantom/whatever, Jubei or someone in the magna I don't know about.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
#1: Relius is cooler.

#2: Relius plays nothing like Carl, and is nothing like Carl.

#3: Same as 2.

oh wait, I'm just talking about Relius. My b.

For a more serious answer:

Opinions! I think I can play that card here, right? Yeah.

Smooth Criminal

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
#1: Relius is cooler.

#2: Relius plays nothing like Carl, or is nothing like Carl.

#3: Same as 2.

oh wait, I'm just talking about Relius. My b.

Smooth Criminal
Thanks for proving my point, since I was saying that just because a character has a similar aesthetic design (by virtue of (usually) being a sub-character), does not at all make them the same.

We all know Mu plays nothing like Noel, Relius nothing like Carl, and Izayoi nothing like Tsubaki, despite all of them being essentially the same as the Terumi/Hazama comparison, so why would he be the exception to the rule?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can't wait to see the ****storm if we somehow get Bloodedge in the next games lol

At this point, all I'm waiting for is Saya and Celica if they can somehow put a moveset for her.
You guys can bet that I'll be mad if she ends up a tragic heroine with robot stuff.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
And all this time I thought you needed Chevy Chase for that sort of thing. With that being said, while I agree that all of the sub-versions of characters are quite different, I think Lythi's problem with Terumi being a character is that I don't think she feels that there's justifiable enough reason story/design wise for him to be a different character.

Like, Relius/Carl are two entirely different people, Mu is Noel's "ultimate form" after having her limiter removed, and Izayoi is the power given to the person able to use the Izayoi's true powers/form (or something like that, I forget the exact specifics).

Either way, I don't really have an issue with it one way or another. Sure I was a bit upset at first when I thought Izayoi/Terumi would mean no Kokonoe, but since Kokonoe's going to be playable now, I have much less of a problem with it to where I don't mind at all.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I can't wait to see the ****storm if we somehow get Bloodedge in the next games lol
I'm prepared for a few more Ragnas. They may want to bring in the black beast one day, and of course they might reveal That Man Ragna was controlling everything.

I can already see it, Blazblue: Sugita Phantasma.

Another Noel after Saya would annoy me though.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675

At this point, all I'm waiting for is Saya and Celica if they can somehow put a moveset for her.
You guys can bet that I'll be mad if she ends up a tragic heroine with robot stuff.

I'll hold you to that, lol.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sure I was a bit upset at first when I thought Izayoi/Terumi would mean no Kokonoe, but since Kokonoe's going to be playable now, I have much less of a problem with it to where I don't mind at all.
This is essentially how I feel about Wii Fit Trainer.

So help me god if they run out of time to put in good characters, but put her in instead.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Happy BlazBlue day!

NA Limited Edition announced featuring Rachel Nendo, musics, art book, and a secret mystery gift (awaiting for amazon to announce this or gamestop or something so i can pre order....)
Alter Memory premiered at 2pm EST on Funimation. It, like the game it is based off, is a cluster**** of confusion....but it's only episode 1, so we still got 11 more to go! Can't wait to see what happens
DVDs/BluRays already announced.....featuring DLC for Chronophantasma and Nendoroids (Ragna and Mu)

Arc you are hurting my wallet

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pretty sure I won't get a LE, but I will at least look the OST and Artbook (because there will be, right?).

And I watched the anime, and let me tell you, it's way better than I expected. Confusing as hell, but the animation is pretty good and the ending including so many characters from CT and CS was just lovely. Also, the Background Music! ♥

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the LE. Every Blazblue before that's had a Limited Edition for the North American release, is one that I've gotten it for.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I was curious. How does everyone feel if we do Skype chat group dedicated for our BBCP sessions? It'd be nice to level everyone up and talk, and I don't have a PS3 mic at the moment. If people are interested we can do that, if not, we can just continue how we usually do.

Sarix

Smash Ace
So I was curious. How does everyone feel if we do Skype chat group dedicated for our BBCP sessions? It'd be nice to level everyone up and talk, and I don't have a PS3 mic at the moment. If people are interested we can do that, if not, we can just continue how we usually do.
I think that would be a great idea Minato. A skype group would be good for connecting the PS3 and Xbox owners to discuss improvement even if both parties can't play each other.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm thinking a Skype group chat is a good idea. Of course, it might not be best for me since my PS3's in my basement and my laptop's on the main floor (plus I DO actually have a PS3 mic). That and well, the screen for it's on the fritz so I have to use an external monitor for it, at least for the time being. I'm sure there could be other uses for it too and stuff.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Definitely down for this.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I figured for those that want to take the game seriously, it'll be helpful to learn matchups with a new game and new characters.
If anyone wants to, I'll pick up any of the characters that none of us play to help too.

And of course, this'll be for fun too for those that just want to enjoy talking during matches.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

I'm so down for Skype group shenanigans!

Top Bottom