• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, apparently BBCP's online is going to support up to 64 people at once, and you get to like fight the CPU while you wait for somebody to challenge you, or until you challenge someone else or something. I'm not exactly 100% sure how it's going to work though. That, and something to do with Chibi icons too.

Also, there's some picture Kotaku (I think) put up showing partly how the online might work.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4145/lhdx.png

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh nice, thanks Lythi. It kind of sounds like the 64 player limit is an option and not a requirement and that they're more like hubs as opposed to actual lobbies. I stopped reading the comments after a few though because they were making the thing sound way more complicated than I'm sure it is.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
64 seems like a bit much.

I wonder if you can only fight against the CPU while waiting, fighting against other people in the lobby would be better.
I think I would rather wait in training mode than fight the CPU, but at least Arcsys gave us something to do while waiting.

D

Deleted member

Noel's like that one faithful ex-girlfriend. Even if you get tired of her for a while, and leave to try new things, she'll always be there to remind you why you liked her so much in the first place.

Her combos are tons of fun to pull off, at least for me.

Also, what's with her costume? Or is that just some mad editing?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
One of Noel's CP costumes is a Nu-13 palette colour set, so that's why she looks like she does in it. I'm personally going for the quasi-goth one or the I-No colour one myself.

D

Deleted member

One of Noel's CP costumes is a Nu-13 palette colour set, so that's why she looks like she does in it. I'm personally going for the quasi-goth one or the I-No colour one myself.
I've always liked the I-no color the best.

Black hair Noel is too sexy for words.

Though, now that I bothere to look for them, some of her new Palette swaps are pretty cool. Like that Green one Lythi mentioned:

7, 8, 9, 11, 14, and 16 are my faves.

Also, Ragna:

Is that an Ichigo Ragna I see down at the bottom?

D

Deleted member

I was talking about this green one, the third:

Hmm...

s'aight...

5 and 6 are hella sexy though. Also, 5 reminds me of some anime character, not sure who though...Noel sure got a lot of real nice palette swaps this time around. Shame the same can't be said for Jin, he had a lot of real good ones in CSE too.

Also, I hope Moonwalker Hazama and Joker Hazama are back, those were the best.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
3's Certainly not bad, though I prefer 4 and 5. The only ones I actually can't see myself using of the original 8 are 7 and 8 because too much pink and purple. Of the second set of eight, 11 (the I-No) one is really good, but so is 10. I remember hearing 10 was from something, but I don't have a clue what.

D

Deleted member

3's Certainly not bad, though I prefer 4 and 5. The only ones I actually can't see myself using of the original 8 are 7 and 8 because too much pink and purple. Of the second set of eight, 11 (the I-No) one is really good, but so is 10. I remember hearing 10 was from something, but I don't have a clue what.
Yeah, 10 is reminiscent of some video game character, I can't quite put my finger on it though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Also, I totally just realized that for everyone 11 is a Guilty Gear character colour and 14 is another Blazblue character's colour. Like how 11 is Sol-Ragna, and 14 is Makoto-Ragna.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Who's Celica again?

Also, it's like Catherine/Neptunia all over again. Cover makes it feel more like a dating sim than a fighter. Hahahahaha.
She's from the PS novels and was the one to take care of Ragna, Jin, and Saya. BBCP's going to cover the main plot points of the novels afaik, so you'll know more there. IIRC, she's also one of the more popular characters at Japan. Too bad to my knowledge, she can't really fight which is a shame.

D

Deleted member

She's from the PS novels and was the one to take care of Ragna, Jin, and Saya. BBCP's going to cover the main plot points of the novels afaik, so you'll know more there. IIRC, she's also one of the more popular characters at Japan. Too bad to my knowledge, she can't really fight which is a shame.
Hmm, sounds good.

Also, I heard a rumor a while back that Blazblue was intended to be an RPG originally (not sure if I mentioned it ITT or not). In a way, I kinda wish they'd go back and explore that idea. There's a lot of interesting plot points in BB, I find it to be a better story than GG tbh.

As for Celica fighting... Iunno, I'd rather see Kokonoe have a go. A scientist for a fighter could make for something interesting.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think Caelica's like Kokonoe's aunt or something if I'm not mistaken. And ManlySpirit, people have been wanting Kokonoe playable since CS1, so it's not just you, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Celica is secret boss character, calling it.
I don't want Celica going all psycho or getting random robot parts though :(

So cool thing about the Famitsu link is that it pretty much confirms a real online training room like SFXT does.
Whoever wants to train with me and chat on skype or something is welcome to when the game hits.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm interested in actually importing CP this time around. Get like a 3-4 month head start haha. Which site's the best to getting this stuff? I've never imported internationally before.

Also, dat cover.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm interested in actually importing CP this time around. Get like a 3-4 month head start haha. Which site's the best to getting this stuff? I've never imported internationally before.

Also, dat cover.

play-asia is the best. I'm gonna pre-order my copy from there. Shoutouts to Lyth!

[EDIT]

And yeah. I get the feeling that Celica is about to get pretty popular in NA pretty fast. IDK why. She already is pretty popular in Japan.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Play-asia, huh? My main issue with importing is well, I can't read a lick of Japanese, so it'd have to be some English-Paypal taking site. And...then I'd just buy the English version later anyway.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Play-asia ship time is like up to 21 days ]:
Still less time than the NA release, and it's free.

Play-asia, huh? My main issue with importing is well, I can't read a lick of Japanese, so it'd have to be some English-Paypal taking site. And...then I'd just buy the English version later anyway.

Play-Asia is in English, as for Paypal, not sure.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It is? Oh thank Jebus. And I'm sure I can just go check on the site.

Edit: I just checked their payment options and they take Paypal, so that's good.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I suppose that's true. Azrael I figured since he's the strongest of the original "new 3", Hakumen since he's all insane tier now, and I figured I was only seeing a bunch of Noel ones because I'd been looking for them. You're probably right though and I'm just not used to bumping into a bunch of Hazama CMVs.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So I'm kind of getting back into the game. Anyone know what the tier list is like now?
I haven't really seen an updated tier list since 2012. It doesn't really matter much anyway, game is pretty balanced. Just pick who you like, and roll with it. You may have to work a little harder with some characters, but there isn't really a wrong choice.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The wrong choice is obviously to not try everyone once. I made that wrong choice and never learned how cool Valkenhayn was until recently.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Well I've always like Hakumen. I'm starting to get into Jin, but Hakumen will always be my main after I saw Spark win Evo with him.

EDIT: I was wondering what the tier list was like because I generally don't like to play high tier characters, but it's whatever. I'll get over it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well I've always like Hakumen. I'm starting to get into Jin, but Hakumen will always be my main after I saw Spark win Evo with him.

EDIT: I was wondering what the tier list was like because I generally don't like to play high tier characters, but it's whatever. I'll get over it.

As of May 2012, it was something like this:

S: Ragna, Tao, Arakune, Hakumen, Valk
A: Bang, Carl, Lambda, Hazama, Mu >> Noel, Rachel, Litchi, Plat, Relius
B: Jin, Tager, Tsubaki, Makoto

So, take that with a grain of salt. Also, you should get over not wanting to play top tiers, it's kinda silly. Especially if you want to play Hakumen.

Top Bottom