• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nice, though I'm admittedly surprised you didn't sign up for P4A, if for nothing else than to say you did.
If I practiced, I would've. Currently I felt that for a main Evo game, I'll enter only if I'm able to give it my all. I haven't played GG and BB since at a friend's house, so I'm not sure if I'll do well, but it's a side tourney. Plus I've been watching CP vids and playing +R on my Vita lol

I'll be sure to try and get casuals in with Japanese players for any game though, that's for sure.
If I didn't go to Impulse, I probably woulda made the trip to EVO. Best of luck!!
Thanks. Let's hope BBCP is there for next Evo so we can meetup, haha.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If I practiced, I would've. Currently I felt that for a main Evo game, I'll enter only if I'm able to give it my all. I haven't played GG and BB since at a friend's house, so I'm not sure if I'll do well, but it's a side tourney.

I'll be sure to try and get casuals in with Japanese players for any game though, that's for sure.

Thanks. Let's hope BBCP is there for next Evo so we can meetup, haha.
I'm close to retiring from Brawl. May hit up WHOBO 5 as my final Smash event for that until Smash 4 is released so I can focus on more traditional 2D fighters. Games like BlazBlue (which I do give time to already), Melty (YES RON I WANT TO PURSUE IT BUT SMASH/BB), etc.

If Chrono Phantasma is around and I find myself able to compete in tournaments around here and establishing myself, you bet I'll be there.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm in that weird phase where I'm not really into any fighters, which is why I've been going through my backlog of games.

I'm gonna put effort into CP and eventually GG when that comes out. Other than that, nothing unless I get a new SF or Darkstalkers.
Thanks Minato for deciding to come to Evo! Gonna be a blast with ya.
Yup, it's going to be fun.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I won't be going to this year's AX since I'll be in Vegas, but oh well. If there's no playable build at Evo, I don't mind waiting until the Japanese release.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I won't be going to this year's AX since I'll be in Vegas, but oh well. If there's no playable build at Evo, I don't mind waiting until the Japanese release.

Well to be fair, EVO only comes once a year. And Chrono Phantasma will come eventually and stay. So fair choice. Have fun in Vegas at EVO, again!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You suck for not coming to EVO brandon. All these anime games AND smash. ]:

I had already gone to Impulse. If I hadn't, I would have hit up EVO. I had fun there, but come to think of it I don't even remember WHY I went over EVO in the first place. Ah well. We'll have more chances for epic tournaments and anime games at more EVO.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Throw into Astral has never looked so good.

Now if only Hazama's Astral wasn't ugly 3D snake.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Considering using Kagura because sword punch. And I'm totally giving Terumi a try despite Hazama's playstyle not suiting me at all and wondering how different it'll truly feel.

This of course aside from the 3 I already talked about using at length.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Considering using Kagura because sword punch. And I'm totally giving Terumi a try despite Hazama's playstyle not suiting me at all and wondering how different it'll truly feel.

This of course aside from the 3 I already talked about using at length.

Terumi actually dashes. Big enough change for me.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Everyone is playing Izayoi, I didn't expect this when she was announced.

I need those teleports, but I think I've made that obvious around here already.

Ponytails sound like a legit reason too. See you all in low Tsubaki tier! :3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Everyone else wants to play Izayoi too? Lame, I thought I was being a unique an beautiful snowflake.

Time to move on to Bullet. Hot pants for life.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think it was Rutger and that called her day 1. lol

Oh well, the more players, the more tech we'll discover.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like how Azrael kicks his enemies with his shirt.
Best weapon in the game.
I think it was Rutger and that called her day 1. lol

Oh well, the more players, the more tech we'll discover.
Teleports, Mist Cancels, a mode change, and Tsubaki? I can't argue with that. :3
I can't wait to play with the upwards dash, I-no was too low on my list of characters I wanted to play in GG.

Anyways, more players would be great, but she's low tier and Tsubaki, I don't know how many Izayoi players will last.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The thing about Bullet that's odd to me is that her stuff is sort of like Rekkas but with 360 and 720 throw commands and well...I've always been absolutely AWFUL at doing the 360 and especially 720 commands. I do hope she winds up being more interesting than the same 2 combos I swear the people that use her keep using though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
October can't arrive soon enough. Even been "practicing" CP combos just to get an idea of Rachel's new BnBs.
By all the match videos I've seen, I'd say she's high tier at the very least.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hey Minato, do you know what Rachel's little flying bat thing does? The one that hovers around the opponent? I'm guessing it's a special move or something, but I keep seeing it in match vids, and I have no idea what it does, haha.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey Minato, do you know what Rachel's little flying bat thing does? The one that hovers around the opponent? I'm guessing it's a special move or something, but I keep seeing it in match vids, and I have no idea what it does, haha.
It's actually pretty cool. There's two version of the lotus, one affects horizontal wind and the other vertical. Horizontal has some uses where you can do some extra followups and corner carry (chase 5CC with whiffed 3C and then combo). Vertical has a lot of interesting uses. You can do 3C and shoot them high up giving you enough time to do a frog, 5CC, and have the frog hit. Best part about it is affecting 2D. You can get level 3 j.2C instantly.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's actually pretty cool. There's two version of the lotus, one affects horizontal wind and the other vertical. Horizontal has some uses where you can do some extra followups and corner carry (chase 5CC with whiffed 3C and then combo). Vertical has a lot of interesting uses. You can do 3C and shoot them high up giving you enough time to do a frog, 5CC, and have the frog hit. Best part about it is affecting 2D. You can get level 3 j.2C instantly.

Ah, thanks! I was wondering how that worked. Appreciate it! :3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Playing BB right now to practice up for the side tourney. Anyone feel free to hop on, since I could use all the help I can get.

Top Bottom