• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
As of May 2012, it was something like this:

S: Ragna, Tao, Arakune, Hakumen, Valk
A: Bang, Carl, Lambda, Hazama, Mu >> Noel, Rachel, Litchi, Plat, Relius
B: Jin, Tager, Tsubaki, Makoto

So, take that with a grain of salt. Also, you should get over not wanting to play top tiers, it's kinda silly. Especially if you want to play Hakumen.
Thanks for the list.

I don't know - I guess it's a ridiculous mentality, but I'm having a hard time getting over it.

I always wanted to show everyone that I could win with a low tier character in smash, like I could prove myself or something. I felt like if I used a high tier character, I was just jumping on the band wagon and would just be another typical *insert high tier character here* player.

I wanted to make a name for myself.

Also, is Makoto really worse than Tsubaki? I tried Tsubaki, and she just seemed so weak... At least Makota had interesting and easy combos. I couldn't get the hang of her.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Scoring "w's" is the only way to make a name for yourself, imo. Doesn't matter who you do it with or how you do it.

You may wanna leave the bandwagon mentality at the door.

Smooth Criminal

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Scoring "w's" is the only way to make a name for yourself, imo. Doesn't matter who you do it with or how you do it.

You may wanna leave the bandwagon mentality at the door.

Smooth Criminal
I know that it's probably holding me back. I just want to do well by being unique. I guess I crave success through individualism. Really, I'm not that good at Smash, so I shouldn't even be bothering with low tiers if I hope to win, but I'm just crazy and weird.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
IMO anyone who places too much value in tiers will just end up an unmotivated player due to frustration. It can give a really bad impression of certain characters. Unless you're whole motivation to playing is just to make a name for yourself or that you really like the character. Matchup info is so much more important. Even those who make names for themselves with low tier characters might have a high tier character trained for specific matchups, and they will still be known for that low tier character (e.g. Axe). There is also the fact that the meta will change. Will your low tier character still be low tier months down the line after research has been done?

It really won't matter that much in this game as said already. Games are also getting pretty balanced nowadays because of patches. Like in Persona, a B tier will still have trouble trying to beat someone in S tier, but they still have a chance to win pretty convincingly (for the most part lol). It's nowhere going to be like the low tiers of Smash vs. mid-high, lol.

tldr; my opinion is to just play who you love.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm sure people are ecstatic about Kokonoe being in. I'll try her out, but I'm not committed to learning her unless she fits my style.
Still would rather have a playable Saya or Celica (however that would work).

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've always liked Kokonoe's design, I'm glad she kept it.

I'll try her out when I get the chance, I doubt I'm importing so I'll be waiting a while. :/
I'm still more excited for Izayoi right now.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Kagura's range looks fun. Terumi's meter gain is insane.

Kokonoe surprised me though, she's faster than I expected. She also has a teleport. Looks like the kind of character I would like to play, I'll have to try her when I get the game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Kokonoe's dash/run animation totally looks like she's riding a scooter. I'm still not sure what that spinning metal thing she can summon in place does though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Kokonoe's dash/run animation totally looks like she's riding a scooter. I'm still not sure what that spinning metal thing she can summon in place does though.
It's something she places on the field that vacuums her projectile and characters in.

You can also disarm it by make it repel things for a short moment.

D

Deleted member

Is it weird that I'm more excited for this than I am for Xrd?

Idk, I just wanna sink my teeth into this game.

Think the series will continue with a BB4 for next gen once Xrd comes out?

Also, I'm kinda banking on a Chrono Phantasma II with all the DLC characters already on disk, like they always do... This is the problem with pre-release DLC.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't think it's weird you're more hype for CP than Xrd. I know I feel the very same way, but it's entirely possible that being a Blazblue player before I ever tried to be a Guilty Gear player has something to do with it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm more excited for BBCP right now. Lots more footage and the game is almost out. Kokonoe looks pretty fun along with Kagura. Plus I'm planning on going to tourneys for this compared to earlier BBs.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I suppose I get to "hold dat" on Kokonoe being added, I really didn't expect it.

Looks like they're making it work, though.

So excited to play Terumi. I want him now.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The more I see Kokonoe, the more I love her dash.

I want to give all my characters a scooter for the speed boost.

The new characters look fun, except for maybe Bullet. I'm very excited for BBCP, but I've also lost my interest in CSE.
I'm still somewhat interested in Tao and Relius, but not as much as the new characters, seems to be a problem I've had with every new BB. :/

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dogura's SUPER DEE DUPER Azrael is making me look forward to CP more and more.

omg he makes that character loooooooooooooooooooooooooook siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Smooth Criminal

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
My new character hype order is something like:
Kokonoe > Kagura [/will play]> Bullet > Amane > Terumi [/might try]> Azrael.[/not really interested]

However, I'm even more hyped about v's return and try out new Tao and Platinum. ♥

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
My new character hype order is something like:
Kokonoe > Kagura [/will play]> Bullet > Amane > Terumi [/might try]> Azrael.[/not really interested]

However, I'm even more hyped about v's return and try out new Tao and Platinum. ♥
Poor Izayoi doesn't even exist. :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I could've sworn I added her somewhere in the Might Try tier.
She just doesn't look interesting for me, but the teleportation looks fun enough to worth the shot.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My hype order changed quite a bit now that I'm seeing what each playstyle is like

Kagura = Kokonoe > Azrael > Amane = Terumi > Izayoi > Bullet

Kokonoe's like a different Rachel. Also giving me Venom and Dormammu vibes. Kagura finally gives me a charge character to play around with, and he's a better manly character than Bang. Azrael just looks fun by hitting like a truck. Amane looks difficult to use while I'm expecting Terumi to end up pretty braindead (also expecting 5C to be good). I like Izayoi's design but she's definitely lacking something to abuse imo. Bullet I just don't care for.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Kagura = Kokonoe > Azrael > Amane = Terumi > Izayoi > Bullet
My list is:

Probable main material: Terumi, (Relius, Hazama)
Interested in trying as a secondary: Azrael, Bullet, (Hakumen)
****s n' giggles: Izayoi, Kokonoe
Not really interested in: Kagura, Amane

Put the "non-new" characters I feel relevant in brackets.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Izayoi > Kokonoe > Kagura = Azrael = returning characters I've played > Amane = Terumi > Bullet
For me, I guess.

Izayoi is still at the top for me because of her teleports, gain art dashes, and range. A little bit of Chipp, I-no, and Johnny sounds fun.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've been looking at all my mains over the games.

CT: Rachel, Nu
CS: Rachel, Tsubaki, Hazama, Ragna, Makoto
CS2: Rachel, Hazama, Platinum, Noel, Ragna
EX: Rachel, Platinum, Ragna, Noel

You can obviously tell I stopped caring competitively after CT lol. I still might use a lot of characters in BBCP, but Rachel's going to be the focus again.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
And Lythi, don't you mean Amane's design is FABULOUS?

Smooth Criminal

Well, he is. But it's more like, he's really interesting. And the way that he's animated, and how his moves chain and such... it just looks really smooth and natural. And chip is also neat.

Kagura and Azrael look fine (not my style though), Kokonoe looks cool, Terumi is a waste of a slot (imo), Bullet looks interesting, and Izayoi looks fun, but I agree with Minato that she lacks something. Her movement looks kind of slow to me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, he is. But it's more like, he's really interesting. And the way that he's animated, and how his moves chain and such... it just looks really smooth and natural. And chip is also neat.
Aye.

In all seriousness, Amane is a very interesting character for all the reasons you listed. That's why I plan on trying him out ASAP, along with the likes of Azrael and Relius.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom