• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
My New Year's Resolution was to pick up Bang in Extend and to learn to play on a PS3 pad. I'll bring the chips to the next party.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, Okay.

Now that I think about it, I never tried to learn Tsubaki's airdash combos, I was so excited for those. :(
I don't even know if they are in EX or if I will play her. :urg:

50 meter to kill a frog?

Well, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

As for a sub that's not Noel or Mu...you could always do Lambda, couldn't you? I mean, why not go all Murakumo? Or failing that...uh...Platinum?

Hell, I'm most likely subbing Bang. And...I might kind of sub Tao for...study purposes on someone.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
As for a sub that's not Noel or Mu...you could always do Lambda, couldn't you? I mean, why not go all Murakumo? Or failing that...uh...Platinum?
Hmm, that's true.

Lambda is pretty cool, but I spend a lot of matches playing keepaway as Mu, so I thought a rushdown character would be good when I don't feel like running away.

Platinum is worth a try. Though I'm not sure how I feel about random drive. I really feel like that could screw me over in certain match-ups, but it would probably just be for fun anyway, so...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I legit have absolutely zero legitimate reason for not subbing her and I honestly can NOT give a good answer to that question that doesn't break down to me just getting shifty eyes and going "uh...cause....?". So yeah, I have no idea why I haven't played her yet. In CSX, I'll have to try. Hm...Tao and Bang subs? Weird, and much different from my Jin/Lambda/Makoto ones, lol.

My prediction would be that in CSX the 2 I settle on subbing will probably be Tao and a bit of Bang as I'll likely start off wanting to learn him but get confused by the limited amount of nails and the whole "legendary whatchama call them Gate Symbols", I'll try Relius at the start as he's the new character and I'll likely get bored with him after a while, and I'll semi-give into my urge to tier-you know what, at some point and attempt to pick up Valk, but the whole wolf form thing will throw me off.

Oh, and at the end of the day, I'll still wind up maining Noel anyway. :cool:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The cross up is not safe on block, -5.

Actually, so is the A cancel, -2.
I need to stop doing that, but I'm not going to touch BB until EX now so...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
50 meter to kill a frog?
Not to mention a CT frog that doesn't have frog meter. XD
Rachel bandwagon lets go@
Sounds like motivation I need to keep my reputation of being a Rachel main and start improving with her more. >:[
I really do miss my CT Rachel though... so godlike.
Haha, Ragna is definitely not my thing. He's derpy as hell, and I don't like playing derpy characters. Also, there's probably going to be at least three Ragna players in Halifax in Extend. And I've played Noel for so long now, I kinda want to give someone else a try.

Rachel is worth looking into, but I still find her pretty awkward.
The more I think about it, I'm actually not going to use Ragna either on Extend (unless I'm in that random mood).
In CT, I used primarily Rachel while in CS games, I chose all the simple characters.

So in Extend, I'm gonna go the opposite and learn more of the weird characters while sticking with Rachel.
So I guess people should ignore my old post on where I mentioned who I'd be using.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm not talking about the cross up via drive. I'm talking about the command jump forward jC cross up as well as the jB pressure.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Y U NO LIEK BANG!?

*insert meme face here*

Well I played some Bang in the CT day, so... I guess there's at least me?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hm...Tao and Bang subs?
That was actually my plan before I got CT, one of them stuck and I still enjoy playing Bang. :3
My prediction would be that in CSX the 2 I settle on subbing will probably be Tao and a bit of Bang as I'll likely start off wanting to learn him but get confused by the limited amount of nails and the whole "legendary whatchama call them Gate Symbols", I'll try Relius at the start as he's the new character and I'll likely get bored with him after a while, and I'll semi-give into my urge to tier-you know what, at some point and attempt to pick up Valk, but the whole wolf form thing will throw me off.
I have never had a problem with Bang's limited nails, but I can't play FRKZ at all so I just leave that for trolling.

Wolf Valk has been one of the most fun things I've tried to learn in BB. I don't really know what to say, but I've found it to be tricky to take advantage of all he can do.

I'm not talking about the cross up via drive. I'm talking about the command jump forward jC cross up as well as the jB pressure.
Oh right, still so much for me to learn. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The cross up is not safe on block, -5.

Actually, so is the A cancel, -2.
I need to stop doing that, but I'm not going to touch BB until EX now so...
Even if it's minus, the fastest jab in the game starts up in 5 frames, so you would have to predict the cross-up in order to punish it, I think.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
623C ALL THE TECHS!

Also who will brave the cold dark world with me and attempt Arakune come EX? Minato might be game... any other takers?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Rutger, I remember trying Valk in CS1 when he came out and the whole thing about you just being a wolf, but running around in wolf form and switching back and forth was a little tricky for me at the time.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm learning like 10 characters when I get extend and then hopefully I can narrow it down to at least 3.

Rachel is the only one I know for sure that i'm gonna play.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Haha, Ragna is definitely not my thing. He's derpy as hell, and I don't like playing derpy characters. Also, there's probably going to be at least three Ragna players in Halifax in Extend. And I've played Noel for so long now, I kinda want to give someone else a try.

Rachel is worth looking into, but I still find her pretty awkward.
Hah. Tier *****s. Guess I'll have to show them up. :cool:

--

Why not look into Hazama?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Even if it's minus, the fastest jab in the game starts up in 5 frames, so you would have to predict the cross-up in order to punish it, I think.
Of course there is always IB.

But don't forget that the Tao might try to attack after the cross up.
I don't think I ever block after that, usually I'll go for 5B(6f startup) so I'm vulnerable for at least 11f. :/

Today has shown me how little I've thought my pressuring out, I really need to think things over in EX. :urg:

Yeah, Rutger, I remember trying Valk in CS1 when he came out and the whole thing about you just being a wolf, but running around in wolf form and switching back and forth was a little tricky for me at the time.
Valk was the easiest character to ever play right when he came. Well, he destroyed netplay anyways.

5B, 5C, 236C(overhead back then :3) -> some combo

or

5B, 5C, 632146D

It worked for so long.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hah. Tier *****s. Guess I'll have to show them up. :cool:

--

Why not look into Hazama?
Haha, it's not that so much, I think. They've all played Ragna at one time or another, mostly in CS1.

I've thought about Hazama, but I don't like his combos (too easy) and I don't like his movement options (too janky). But that's just imo.

Of course there is always IB.

But don't forget that the Tao might try to attack after the cross up.
I don't think I ever block after that, usually I'll go for 5B(6f startup) so I'm vulnerable for at least 11f. :/

Today has shown me how little I've thought my pressuring out, I really need to think things over in EX. :urg:
Yeah, true. Good point.

I don't really know much about Tao. I just try to stay in the air a lot when I'm playing against her. :embarrass:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Spelt, Rachel question since I have problems on the instant overhead stuff.

I notice that after a 2A 5B 2D jA jB dash 5B 5CC, I'm having problems doing the last hit of the 5CC on some characters. Jin and Platinum are fine. Doing it on Noel or another Rachel doesn't work on that setup (although I think I got it on Noel once). Is it just really strict on those characters or just not possible?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I wish they didn't nerf j2c with Makoto. I'm gonna miss using it ]:

Someone teach me how to 3C instead :I.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I hardly EVER see makotos use it. So I have no idea how and when to use it. I've only seen some tutorials for CS2 3C OS burst baits. And even then, I never see it happen in actual matches `-`.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spelt, Rachel question since I have problems on the instant overhead stuff.

I notice that after a 2A 5B 2D jA jB dash 5B 5CC, I'm having problems doing the last hit of the 5CC on some characters. Jin and Platinum are fine. Doing it on Noel or another Rachel doesn't work on that setup (although I think I got it on Noel once). Is it just really strict on those characters or just not possible?
I don't think it's possible unless in the corner. :(

5b > 3c > george is a good windless ender after the instant overhead though. Or you can do 6c with another wind and put them in the corner.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't think it's possible unless in the corner. :(

5b > 3c > george is a good windless ender after the instant overhead though. Or you can do 6c with another wind and put them in the corner.
Even corner doesn't really seem to work on those two :(
Guess I'll have to remember that for whoever has weird hit boxes. No wonder I had issues doing it to some people. I thought I wasn't doing the dash momentum well enough at first.

Speaking of Rachel, the only Rachel players I seem to like in Extend are Matsu and that one a-cho Rachel. Although I'm kinda mad how many players got blown up by a CH tiny lobelia and 4B of his, haha.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh. :(
Most of rachel's combo are really character specific.
They've slowly been fixing it in each version, but it's still annoying.

There aren't many Rachels I like either really.
Matsu and YAMA (i think that's his name) are probably my favorite.
Jager's good too but he does the dumbest things that somehow hit, I have no idea how. He does a bunch of crazy fancy combos though, which is awesome.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
There aren't many Rachels I like either really.
Matsu and YAMA (i think that's his name) are probably my favorite.
Jager's good too but he does the dumbest things that somehow hit, I have no idea how. He does a bunch of crazy fancy combos though, which is awesome.
Maybe Japan just doesn't play Rachel.

Replaced the elegant gothic lolita with the mahou shoujo.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I play Noel only if Makoto isn't available. The way I play Noel is way more like "I only know how to 5a and 2a" and "I don't know what my drive attacks are".

Far less random :>

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
There aren't a lot of Platinum players in Japan either though, haha.

Shiromadoushi has basically disappeared, and I think the only notable one left is Aruya.
Well, guess they gotta be S tier then.
All Hail the Wolfman!

Though it makes me wonder who are the really underplayed characters.
Rachel, Tsubaki, Plat. I would have said Tager before but I feel like I've seen him show up more now, so I don't know. Jin? Litchi? Makoto?

Even with a nicely balanced cast, several characters still seem underrepresented. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hmm, as far as not having a lot of rep, I would probably go with... Arakune, Platinum, Rachel, Tsubaki, and Mu.

Maybe Makoto now in Extend, I dunno.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Arakune having not many people play is pretty understandable. His playstyle is way different than the rest of the cast.

I honestly never see Tsubakis. Not many notable Makotos in extend now either due to the heavy nerf. No one's up there with Goro.

Top Bottom