• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well I already know that you will not astral Tao, almost seems like she is a counterpick against you.

It's actually starting to become amazing that you even push any buttons at all during that matchup.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have to ask, Jdietz... on your match with Spelt, why did you start a match with Mami Circular. Then in the middle of the match, you did a random mami circular that whiffed, and then you did it again?

As someone who mains Platinum, I was speechless. lol

But I pretty much understand how you play now though so I'm not worried.
Spelt on the otherhand... it depends on the days. Sometimes I know what he's going to do, other days I'm way off.
1. Because it hits him if he doesn't attack with 5C or 6D otherwise #2 (online shenanigans)
2. Because in the Plat vs. Lambda matchup you have to close FAST with no items or she hard counters you, whiffed Mami Circular is a fast way to chase the retreating IAD he did. If you noticed, I landed at the same distance away from him as we were when he started retreating (about 5B range)

Oh, also wut do you mean by understand how I play now ;3 (I wanna knows what you think my 'style' is lol)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well I already know that you will not astral Tao, almost seems like she is a counterpick against you.

It's actually starting to become amazing that you even push any buttons at all during that matchup.
Haha, ouchh.

Rutger: 1
Me: 0

And uh...since she has some like healing factor and every fight against Bang she looks at as playing around, a normal match is fine, lmao.

Edit: Oh, and I'll head on in a minute.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Extend frightens me. It looks like Jin's just viable enough that I won't put him down and I'll just be working so ****ing hard trying to keep up.

But it's whatever. The real question is what system to get it on. All my friends used to play XBox, but they all stopped playing fighters, essentially. Most of the people I know online play PS3, but I'm a pad player and I can't play for **** without the 360's joystick. Now what to do?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Not sure why you'd think Jin is bad in Extend lol. It's not like he's bottom tier or something.

And how do we have 0 delay Rutger, we had 2 delay last time we played :V.

I WISH I KNEW HOW TO COMBO INTO SUPERS.

;__________________;

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Almost every source I've seen including me piecing together the information available in theory points to Jin being just outside of bottom tier, but that right is reserved for Tsubaki and Makoto.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
It's not like the tiers are that big a deal in BBCSEX now anyway. Everyone is pretty much viable. The difference between S and bottom isn't gigantic like CS1 or anything.

@Kuraudo: Yeah she got nerfed a LOT. Roles between Ragna and Makoto essentially got switched now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's not like the tiers are that big a deal in BBCSEX now anyway. Everyone is pretty much viable. The difference between S and bottom isn't gigantic like CS1 or anything.
This. Guys, if there's a list of names, there's obviously names at the bottom. lol

These characters aren't trash.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Rutger afk'd@

Please check the room name~

AHAHAHAHA RUTGER. That hurts man, that hurts LOL.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Sorry about that.

I don't know how long I was gone. My little brother got a kite stuck in a tree. :mad088:

Yeah, sorry.

Was I supposed to pass or something? Damn, sorry, I pressed X right when I got back without thinking.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

@Kuraudo: Yeah she got nerfed a LOT. Roles between Ragna and Makoto essentially got switched now.
I swear if Ragna remains S-tier somehow...

Crusayer

Smash Lord
GGs guys.

You're still not blocking on wake up against me livewire lol. If an orb is in your face, it's gonna hit you and I will pick up the combo lol.

For Minato, I've seen that one Rachel do TK thunders for her blockstrings instead of the regular ground thunder. Is the air version less laggy or something? If so you might want to try it out :V. Also, I swear I would've gotten that DP at the very end there ]:

And Rutger is still weak against the full screen orb \o/. I wonder if I can still do that in EX...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
For Minato, I've seen that one Rachel do TK thunders for her blockstrings instead of the regular ground thunder. Is the air version less laggy or something? If so you might want to try it out :V. Also, I swear I would've gotten that DP at the very end there ]:
Frame trap. And it buys more time for wind and frog regen.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Stop saving that astral Livewire.
I actually wasn't even thinking about the Astral.

Good games between the 3 of you. As for me? I'd actually legit NOT like to think about that. I seriously had to ragequit the room because I was getting upset and just thinking about some of those matches was getting my physically angry. I initially was going to go on some long list about things and how i have no idea what happened, but I do, I saw them as they were happening and tried to correct them, but alas, nothing happened. It seriously felt like the person that I was watching playing the game couldn't POSSIBLY have been me because a lot of things I saw, weren't things I normally do. I'm normally pretty good at the Rachel match and good with the Makoto match, but going off this, you wouldn't know it.

It's just lucky that when the phone rang it was one of those telemarketer machine recordings because it means that when I picked it up, waited 3 seconds, said "Screw off!!" and hung up, it was just to a machine. :bee:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Miiiinnnaaatooooooo!

Tellllll me your seeecrets of what you think my playstyle isssss that you hinted at already. Le curiosity cannot be sated nor ignored~! Why does not it worry you? :3? :p

Crusayer

Smash Lord
No johns Livewire!

I choke so hard when I know a super will end up killing the opponent. I'm like "OMG OMG OMG. Do I drop my combo and end it right now?! WHAT IF IT DOESN'T KILL HIM. I have 100 meter though. What if I need to do TWO supers?! What if I whiff my 2nd super?!"

>Drop combo entirely before super
>Get CH and lose the match

;~;

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GG's everyone.

I was really starting to get in a bad mood towards the end there, feeling like I wasn't in control of my character, but luckily playing as Tsubaki and Bang for a couple matches helped me cool off. It would have sucked to end off in a bad mood.

I was having a really hard time teching today though, Minato even pulled off a perfect on me just because I never teched the whole round. Near the end I was left mashing all the time while I was being combod. :urg:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Re-quoting since I read this too fast earlier lol. I actually do TK sword irises because of the frame trap and regen. It didn't work today much because my TKs are off from lag since I'm TKing from a JCed 5B and you can't really mash it.
Good games between the 3 of you. As for me? I'd actually legit NOT like to think about that. I seriously had to ragequit the room because I was getting upset and just thinking about some of those matches was getting my physically angry. I initially was going to go on some long list about things and how i have no idea what happened, but I do, I saw them as they were happening and tried to correct them, but alas, nothing happened. It seriously felt like the person that I was watching playing the game couldn't POSSIBLY have been me because a lot of things I saw, weren't things I normally do. I'm normally pretty good at the Rachel match and good with the Makoto match, but going off this, you wouldn't know it.
GGs. My Rachel does better against you than my other characters due to oki. This is why I keep telling people that you have to just emergency tech and block on a solid corner oki. You saw this happen a lot on your match with Crusayer. You didn't tech, he's 2B to pick you up, if you mashed too much, you get CHed.

I'm going to repeat this until you remember and I suggest you to save your matches where you lose for evidence. You only used 6A for a hit confirm normal, you used 5A only for tick throws, you wake up j4D (which got baited twice by Crusayer), you kept approaching with jD or 2D, if Crusayer blocked a full drive string, you'd do 2D right after. I saw two 2Bs, no 6Bs, and no 5B (which is Noel's best poke?). Other than fixing those bad habits, I suggest you use meter better. I saw you use meter for a midscreen 3k combo. Instead you could've put them back into the corner by that juggle 6C SJC jD and so forth.

I'm not being mean, but it is constructive criticism because I know you can do better once you fix those habits.
Miiiinnnaaatooooooo!

Tellllll me your seeecrets of what you think my playstyle isssss that you hinted at already. Le curiosity cannot be sated nor ignored~! Why does not it worry you? :3? :p
I already told you. You mash on wakeup (I just see Rock, Paper, Scissors going off like mad), you do random unsafe moves, you roll where you shouldn't, you have a habit of grabbing too much, and you keep forgetting to keep your combo short after throws because of the hitstun decay. Also, learn combos that aren't in Challenge Mode (don't input that 6A from mission 8 or whatever).

I see you do random Mami Circulars but the one time when I expect you to do it (since it was a corner combo), you did a 22C combo instead for some reason. Most of your damage came from throws, items, and Mami CIrcular combo starters. Your oki needs work. Run up grab doesn't cut it. She has way better mixups than that along with fuzzy guards. If you're going to follow up after a TK Swallow Moon, jC is only for a fake so you can land and go low. jB is what you want if you catch them blocking low.

Your spacing on items is great though. Especially with the missiles and the cat.

Edit: GGs everyone and sorry for that lag. I think it's my internet that's been having issues lately. I don't know what's going on but hopefully it settles back to before.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh Livewire doesn't really know about the 2B thing. That one match where I picked him up with like 3 2Bs is when he had to pick up the phone. Hence why I asked you guys to pass. He usually does a regular wake up / roll. So I don't think he's experienced the 2B pick up as a real punish yet (?). At least from me anyway.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
KK's. Just wanted to actually know instead of just hear "I gots it" and no details.

And if you're wondering what the 22C nonsense is... ask Kuraudo :3 His 3 connection will tell you what that's all about (lol 5k). I'm actually surprised that you DON'T do it. Also no I don't extend combos after grabs. I know to skip the extra bubble hits and go straight for the super jump to finish. I think you're thinking of someone else, just because I don't Mami Circular twice to finish like you do doesn't mean I'm "extending" anything. (especially if you think you're seeing 6A in combo... I NEVER do that unless it's a midscreen anti-air. Once again I think you're thinking of someone else or something else) With the frequency I grab, I think I've got that down if nothing else. Don't mistake missed inputs or flubbed combos for not understanding throw proration.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And if you're wondering what the 22C nonsense is... ask Kuraudo :3 His 3 connection will tell you what that's all about (lol 5k). I'm actually surprised that you DON'T do it. Also no I don't extend combos after grabs. I know to skip the bubble and go straight for the super jump to finish. I think you're thinking of someone else, just because I don't Mami Circular twice doesn't mean I'm "extending" anything. (especially if you're seeing 6A in combo... I NEVER do that unless it's a midscreen anti-air. Once again I think you're thinking of someone else or something else) With the frequency I grab, I think I've got that down if nothing else.

I don't mean bubble 6C 22C combos. I mean I've seen you do a ground combo ending with 3C 22C in the corner. I think it's just an unintentional habit.
IMO, I personally think corner throw, 5C 2C Bubble into Mami Circular leaves a good oki for Platinum. Sets up for a bubble or bomb oki which I like. I know she can extend it, but I like the longer untechable time by sacrificing some damage.

You're not bad at all though and I'm not saying I'm better. Your Platinum's probably better than mine since I don't use her as much as I used to.
Oh Livewire doesn't really know about the 2B thing. That one match where I picked him up with like 3 2Bs is when he had to pick up the phone. Hence why I asked you guys to pass. He usually does a regular wake up / roll. So I don't think he's experienced the 2B pick up as a real punish yet (?). At least from me anyway.
I know I got caught by those way too much today. I'm just not thinking very well. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hm... I've finalized my course of action for Extend. Before I go into practicing other characters, I'm going to outright master Ragna. The 1-frame 5A from 22C, better hit confirms, better wake-up IDs, and if you get hit by me and I've got 50 heat and I trigger Blood Kain, that's half your health or you're dead.

My Ragna fundamentals are there, but right now I think I'm better off doing the same thing I did for Brawl. I focused on nobody but Sonic in my prime and it got me to where I am in skill based upon that (and then I branched off to the likes of Wario and Fox afterwards). Idk what it is, but I'm real fired up now. Sure online can be better but I'm gonna be a black beast both online and offline.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
In that case yeah, you're seeing some latent habitual 22C'ing as a result of having too much change on my plate at once. When I was trying to get the 2369C > j.B down in my mind I ended more combos with 22C to give myself a chance at a blockstring rather than corner knockdown Mami.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Actually, I want some suggestions on how I can improve. I know the choices are make a really poor at tons of parts. I want to know what people are noticing and abusing the most when they face me. Even if I might already know I'm bad at a certain area, I kinda want to know which are the biggest problems that I should fix asap.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was like "what 2B thing?" And that wasn't a john when I said I wasn't going for an Astral that one time against Minato, I seriously wasn't. It's weird to say someone say "no johns" when you kind of say "no excuse for what happened" though, lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Actually, I want some suggestions on how I can improve. I know the choices are make a really poor at tons of parts. I want to know what people are noticing and abusing the most when they face me. Even if I might already know I'm bad at a certain area, I kinda want to know which are the biggest problems that I should fix asap.
At least with Ragna, combo-wise I notice how you like to go for the Inferno Divider finish off a basic midscreen combo instead of ending on Hell's Fang for corner push. I know you're doing it for oki, but wouldn't it be better to leave Inferno Dividers for ending corner combos or countering someone off the C-ID? Or is it for the sake of being easier to capitalize online with ending midscreen with ID?

I know we as players are all different in how we handle our opponents. Otherwise though your game is pretty solid. I have to say though, after what we all played last night? I hafta say your Rachel is really awesome. I won't even bother saying anything about combos because, ffffff online plays a big factor in what we miss or don't miss sometimes.

I wish I knew what else to say asides for that one little Ragna bit, and that may just be a preference for you that works. For Hazama vs. Ragna, I'd just 6A after you came in with ouroboros sometimes. So I guess....watch out for that?

You're the better player, I know that much, and I don't know how much this is of worth to you, but there's my fail 2 cents. :p

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Aside from execution and combo choice?

You should probably attempt more overheads at the beginning of george rather than the end I guess? Still not blocking dat overhead reset from Makoto \o/.

I suppose you should stop doing 3C (the swirly spike on the ground thing) so much. I dunno if you're misinputting or not the follow up, but I usually punished you off that. You could probably work on your midscreen pressure since you let me escape far too often. There's never any mixup without george out.

It's sorta hard to critique someone who beats everyone here on a consistent basis.

@Livewire, it was all fun and games haha. I wonder if Livewire is one of those players that do good on specific days or something. "Tuesday livewire is best livewire!" lolol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Also, I just want to throw this out there so people know, but the reason I often 5B much more than 6B is that 6B well, has a really bad startup time and you can be hit out of it pretty darn easily.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
@Livewire, it was all fun and games haha. I wonder if Livewire is one of those players that do good on specific days or something. "Tuesday livewire is best livewire!" lolol
Yeah. Kinda like how Genesis 2 is "Charizard beats Falco" day in Project: M. :awesome:

I kid. Wreck me s'more in actual Melee plx. lol

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Well, considering 6B is her overhead, it's pretty obvious you should be throwing it out far less often than 5B as a normal poking / pressure tool.

We're just saying you don't do it nearly enough as a mixup and tend to opt for her drive baits far too often or just straight up end her pressure with drive with no mixup.

@Kuraudo: Come at me bro for melty pls. I know you don't care about melee lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well, considering 6B is her overhead, it's pretty obvious you should be throwing it out far less often than 5B as a normal poking / pressure tool.

We're just saying you don't do it nearly enough as a mixup and tend to opt for her drive baits far too often or just straight up end her pressure with drive with no mixup.

@Kuraudo: Come at me bro for melty pls. I know you don't care about melee lol.
I care about Melee. :( We just don't play it at Stephan's. And I play Brawl/BB/MB over it. Just let my Ganon and Link warm-up and we'll have a fight. :)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
@Crusayer, oh I'm certainly one of those players that sometimes is just flat out 'off' and does badly at certain times. However, if I had to guess 2 days that I'd be most likely 'on', it would be Wednesday for sure (unsure if this applies from late April - late August though), and possibly Friday or maybe most Saturdays (today may have been an exception as I was watching like...a LOT of Screwattack's 24 Hour Marathon that went from like 1pm Friday-1pm today).

Top Bottom