• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
good **** to velynn for giving eggm a match and then ****** his **** 2nd and 3rd match.. followed by eggm then ragequitting and calling velynn a baddie and then johning about how it's only pools.
Someone got DMR'd.
Also I didn't deserve my win against pikachad.. the TV we played on was ****ed up.. and he played pika the first 2 matches. I guarantee next time we play he 2-0's me.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
HAHAHA that's fair. If people are actually willing to come from other places in MI for a $5 tournament, post. I'll do all that ish you said actually if enough people show interest. Personally, I'm just scared that we are gonna lose a bunch of locals, but if we can make up for it with the greater more competitive MI area, I guess it'll be fine. But people need to come. That's basically the bottom line of why I have been against making a thread, raising entry to 5, etc.

Also, yeah it's melee only.
hype it up yo.

Metrois

Smash Rookie
Hey new to the forums. Just looking for some people around redford to play with better people. Me an a few friends play. um I main as peach .

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Welcome to MI Metrois hope to see you in the tourney scene soon.

Also, I just bought Soul Silver, a New Action Replay, and a year subscription to GI for $2.57 im glad i got $76 worth of trade ins, their 50% extra deal is amazing

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I am seriously debating getting one of those pokemon games if only to pass the time at work..god its so boring...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
HAHAHA that's fair. If people are actually willing to come from other places in MI for a $5 tournament, post. I'll do all that ish you said actually if enough people show interest. Personally, I'm just scared that we are gonna lose a bunch of locals, but if we can make up for it with the greater more competitive MI area, I guess it'll be fine. But people need to come. That's basically the bottom line of why I have been against making a thread, raising entry to 5, etc.

Also, yeah it's melee only.
If you think you'll lose locals by raising the price, then you may not want to raise it. Your locals are your main base. I don't think a ton of people travel for melee (I don't think a lot of melee players have cars)... And I don't know how many people would travel for a $5 tourney but not for a $3 tourney. It's not like many people have a shot to win... So yeah, you may regret raising the price if you have a bunch of locals. Also, a lot of good people make the locals leave, lol.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I played melee for a long time but I'm playing brawl now.
As far as I know, I am the only person who does consistent smashfests for brawl, and I live in Howell.

Usually Monday or Tuesday (depending on situations) and Sundays. Or if there is a tourny, I let people come over on Fridays from time to time.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
although, keep in mind that the difference between $3 and $5 to a local for a tourney is rather minimal; they were probably going to pay using a $5 anyways. The difference between a $10 and a $5 for getting other to travel is a lot more significant, although there's still the problem of only like 2 people having cars in MI.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
SCOTU is your avi from Index/Railgun? Can't tell

It's like..me, velynn and juggle for melee cars :urg:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
SCOTU is your avi from Index/Railgun? Can't tell
Yes. Misaka Mikoto

I keep wanting to make a Misaka sig with all the crazy electricy stuff and her shooting a flaming meteor railgun coin, but I'm like, really afraid to touch Photoshop; I'm really out of practice with it.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I watched a few episodes of Index and just remember her ****** ****. It was funny, should probably finish watching it

Kail

Smash Lord
Dude trail. It was the best rage I've ever seen.
He yanked his controller out, told him that he was a terrible player, and that he refused to shake a jigglypuff player's hand. At which point everyone even jman told him he was over reacting and just stared at him

Top Bottom