• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Rhade

Smash Rookie
I've posted on here a few times so far and haven't gotten much back, so here's hoping for a different result this time. Now that the semester's finally over (Thank God) I'm hoping to get into the local Smash scene. If that means getting my *** handed to me a hundred different ways picking up the tricks, I'm cool with that. Do any of the regular posters on here hail from the Holland area?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Holland, hm? You're pretty close to Kail and Fallen, try to find them.

Kail

Smash Lord
Rhade I'm about 20 minutes from Holland, and there is a smash tourney/fest thing going on this Saturday I believe. If you want, we can try and hook something up this week. Or just kick it at the tourney this weekend, I'll be more then happy to help you learn.

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
i live in Holland! ive been looking for someone to practice with............but epok lives in gr and there this other guy that lives in holland but i forgot his name and oviously some people in this thread.but im 14 so i cant drive anywhere but i can be picked up lol edit:his name is Trespayne might wanna look him up. edit 2: shouldnt been so impulsive didnt realize you were 21 probably dont wanna smash with a 14 year old.

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
well i dunno generally adults dont like chillin with lame teenagers lol
edit:but im not that good either so we could learn together.i need to stop skateboading so i have more video game time lol

SCOTU

Smash Hero
sorry dbs, i dint really mean to be unsupportive, i just kinda posted that impulsively (and stupidly, and unnecessarily mean), I think mainly you need to work on getting faster, not SDing as much (waveshine>illusion SD is not a good combo, from experience). try to work on approaching with less of a pattern (waveshining doesn't act as too good of an approach as you found out). please forgive my stupidity from my earlier post, it was kinda late and i was unsensable. I do think you'd get better feedback if you posted in a character specific board and linked some matches though.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
I wish my marth was playing a bit better yesterday, but it was fun. I should have just played more sheik so I'd have something to watch. Playing zelda half a game then switching to sheik in the end doesn't count.

DBS, just clean up your technical, avoid making those simple mistakes, and play a little less predictably. I just watched the game between my G&W and your fox, and that's what I picked up.

i shouldn't have had all those cheeseburgers yesterday :(

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
hmm im a kinda noob so dont heed much attention to this but perhaps you should work on implementing wavedashing more into your movement and use more throw combos.but again i could easily be wrong.

Rhade

Smash Rookie
Trespayne I knew about but hadn't heard anything back from him the last time I posted in this thread. Kail, I'll be free on Thursday this week if something around then would work. Nubbyash, when it comes to gaming, age matters very little; I've seen 11 and 12 year olds mop the floor with adults in tournaments I've read up on. I'd agree that most parents would be uncomfortable with the idea of other people with huge age differences being at their home however.

It's worth mentioning that I'm as out of practice as anyone interested in Smash could be right now. My TV is in for service and I've only played the game once in the last six months. Last fall I became decent at wavedashing and FF though, so it shouldn't take me long to pick those up again.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm probably not going to play any Smash for the rest of this week until Saturday.

Anther

Smash Champion
Anther got **** to do.

jk, if I'm in a really good mood tomorrow I might head out.
But that's like a 5% chance due to gas >_>

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
hey rhade maybe i can get a ride out their sometime maybe from my dad i dunno but ya im not very good either im getting btter at wavedashing though im starting to implement it but i can get those **** shuffles with mr g &w..........
ahem randizlle any tips appreciated........

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
Cool smashfest yesterday I wish I woulda known about it, but I wasn't able to get on the boards for the past couple days:( or I woulda been there.

I've been watching the videos and can't wait to play you guys again soon.

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
oohhh ya rhade whereabouts holland do you live?i live about 2 miles form zeelend west high school or 15 form hope colledge............hope your not on the opposite side i am

Randizzle

Smash Ace
nubbyash, my g&w isn't that great. i just play G&W occasionally in friendlies for fun. Just practice that stuff and you'll get it eventually

It wasn't really a smashfest, a few of us just decided we wanted to smash the night before so we met up at ankoku's..

Anther

Smash Champion
Joel wanted to main G&W and look how good he got with that 2d piece of hatred =P.

D_B_S don't pay me to smash with you!
I may come over tomorrow though... I don't think I have anything to do...

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
ya i wanna main g & w i love the feeling of owning with him. I odnt really care if hes not high on the tier list because look at chudat and dire...........but i might main jigglypuff just because i am so much better with him.

Anther

Smash Champion
btw I'll put money on some games Joel... best of 3 or 5 or summin to get you to venture out.
An attempt at sweet vengence from MU1 >=)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ok, all the vids from ankoku's on the 27'th, some of them are not yet searchable... but they'll all be searchable by tomorrow. (google has yet to add the search criteria to their database, but the videos are viewable if you have a link to them)

Top Bottom