• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
im not good at comboing into rest though.my wop is definately getting better though.but seeing as how your a jiggly user should i short hop into my aerials or not?also is wavedashing neccesary for him?thanks

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
so dbs you like rapping?and i assume rap?what do you listen to?
btw people you can just call me ashton if you would like but anything else works to i dont care.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
wtf.......that was so random....lol

I listen to all hip-hop.....and I more lik "emcee" then "rap"

cause rap is just about shooting ppl...lol

but yeah

Randizzle

Smash Ace
aww, let him play G&W. Who knows, maybe someday he'll take the character to the middle tier (lets forget about high tier, this is more realistic). But if you want to go higher in the tier, I like to think of marth being the most similar character to G&W in the high tiers. Problem is that marth can be really frustrating until you get a decent feel for him.

If I get a ride, I'll bring a cube.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Ight Randy try to see how alin is trying to make it over

Because I have a big screen O_O 60inchs

lol

We gonna be in my basement with tons of room

Also, there are alots of food joints around (5minute walking distances)

umm

hope yall can make it

Ps... I hate g&w marth matchups!!

:)

Anther

Smash Champion
Just get as fancy doing everything possible that you can do with your character. If you don't you never quite get the confidence to do stuff in tourneys. But if you're confident at all times you get a big advantage over a lot of other first time tourney goers...

This statement is very random and I'm too tired to direct it at anyone in particular XD...

lain

Smash Master
wait when can we come over DBS?

@nubbyash: short hopping with jiggs isn't ESSENTIAL. but it's a lot faster obviously, and less predictable since it comes out faster. i.e. jumping out of shield to fair/bair to hit your opponent in the face VERY quickly.

i used to main jiggs also. it got boring though. : /

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Take away all the flashy stuff I like to try to do, and you'll see a really weird style with each of my characters. Not because I want to be unique, but because I really can't figure out how else to play them. It must have something to do with the way I hold my controller.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
TOMMORROW TUESDAY!!!! (Today technically!)
3:00pm

20206 Orleans St
Detroit,Mi 48203

People coming:
Anther
Petre
Lain (if ride)
Randy(If Ride)
Malice(If Ride)

My friend is also is coming (the link player)

Malice u know him as "Navi"

So plzz

Bring a cubes (2).... And Maybe a tv( size doesnt matter)... if everyone on
that list is coming...

call me and tell me if your coming
313-727-4099

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
im not calling and im coming with a cube. tv wont fit in my car though (actually i could probably find a way to fit it in there, but im lazy. who knows, maybe ill bring one. but dont count on it.)

oh and playing jiggs, ill show you some if i ever see you, although im not quite pro yet, i can give you general advice. big thing is dont be predictable and read your opponent for openings to rest. such as rolling. and any laggy move.

lain youre wrong, jiggs is never boring, its a very graceful style, it could be considered art...lol dont listen to me.

lain

Smash Master
my name's will. don't need no pm for that. haha.

err i really hope i can come. i need a ride AND permission from my parents (seeing as how i still am in high school)

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
Finally!!!! Just got through reading 4 pages of posts. Nubby, welcome to MI threads. You'll love it here. We talk alot of sh*t from time to time.

DBS, I'm down for the smashfest today. No way in hell i'll turn down a fest this close to the crib.

Malice, through in some ducets and I'll pick you up from Clawson, it's not that far from me, I think. Yeah it's not that far, (for some dollars). I might be able to bring a few extra people too. I can bring a WII, and maybe a spare tv, shwag potency though. But this is definitely BYOC right?

Oh and the name is Z. We'll go with that for now.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
okay "Z" you can come to

And getting malice would be awesome

It starts at 3:00pm probably end 9/10pm

umm

so the list is now

Anther
Petre
"Z" lol
Malice
Lain (if ride)
Randy (if ride)

I got some begging to do from my mom lmao

*puts on knee pads*

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
ya sorry dbs didnt mean to offend you with the rapping comment an di was bored but im trying not to piss people off lol as im new. and thanks everyone for the jiggly tips but petre arent jigglypuff player going to be predictable anyway because there gonna wall of pain for the main damage dealer?

D_B_S

Smash Lord
@nub you didnt make me mad lol

And When I was new i pissed ppl off lmao
But its all good

um.. so who r u trying to main..?

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
dang... i can't keep up with all the posts.
anybody doing anything near waterford this weekend?
If not, is there anything happening this weekend at all?
if so, is there anyone near waterford that can pick me up or ride with me to whatever might be happening?

i'm getting bored

haiablkdragon

Smash Rookie
Houghton, the beautiful winter wonderland
Any yooper smashers around here? Names Jake, though I prefer Haia. Residing at the moment in Houghton way up there in the UP. Since MTU let out, I've been sitting here in my apartment all alone and honestly starting to get bored of Smash *GASP!* I'm looking for a friend around the area who I can train with as level 9's only go so far. Can be any skill level, either I'll train up to their level or they will train up to mine. All I ask is that they are available at least a couple times a week.
Anyone in the area would know what Nanocon is, the biggest SSBM tournament in the area. Just to let people know I'm not a n00b, I took second place in the doppleganger tournament, and have the ribbon to prove it. I also made it to the finals at MFF last fall for any furries who read this.
I'm going to try and keep up with this thread (Currently over 500 pages), but if I am not able to, send me a PM.

PS. I'm a Falco main, but my Mewtwo is quickly becoming my favorite. I also play Jigglypuff and Ness.

nubbyash

Smash Cadet
hey thanks narutoshocker for welcoming me also i enjoy reading naruto :p and DBS i think im gonna main jiggly but ill always love g&w.................anyway why are you guys coming over to this side of the state saturday?Tournament?for money?

lain

Smash Master
random, but scotu: moneymatch?

i'll do a normal one, or falcon/falco ditto you too. ; )

i'd do all three, really.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
haia: Houghton is rather far away. You may be better off looking for Smashers in Wisconsin.
nubbyash: There's a GR tournament this Saturday.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
lain:
idk when i'll next get a chance to play you... i start work today (3:30-11:30 5 days a week), and some weekends, so my smash is cuttin back a bit, and i'm not going to GR this saturday, i'm going to try to make it to the one on the 23 (unless that's when m6 is, in which case i might go to that, or neither). but yeah, i'll do all three of those MM's (we could just condense it into R1: falcon ditto, R2 normal ditto, R3 falco ditto) just so long as the falcon and falco dittos are on FD, and the normal is on a random neutral. But yeah, should start getting an income again (not just from winning n00b tourneys...).

Kail

Smash Lord
This week is actually looking pretty bad for me. I have to take my girlfriend back to Galena IL on wednesday/thursday I'm still going to the Grand Rapids Tourney this weekend, and should be free Friday, PM me if anyone wants to do anything.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Zoma or whatever, why is it impossible to ever reach you on AIM? I remember you posting that we should play each other or something, then I could never follow up with you on that.

lain

Smash Master
: / that condense thing is a little too weird for me. and strict stage rules. haha.

sheepy, you know i'd love to mm you sometime soon (and lose)

Top Bottom