• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Real talk. I started TOing because I wanted to have MI tourneys in other places.

But what makes AA so special is they have the most reliable venues (*insert jealousy here*) and most of our [top] players are from there.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
ann arbor is the worst city in the world. if u can find decent parking u have to migrate 30 minutes in the ****ing hot ass weather. the place is filled with students who smoke and pollute the air. paid parking is a *****. the venues are tiny. i hate ann arbor...only good if u go to school there. good school for sure.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
ann arbor is the worst city in the world. if u can find decent parking u have to migrate 30 minutes in the ****ing hot *** weather. the place is filled with students who smoke and pollute the air. paid parking is a *****. the venues are tiny. i hate ann arbor...only good if u go to school there. good school for sure.
You obviously haven't seen the last two venues we have used. When we play at Pierpont you don't have to pay for parking. And when we play at Mason the parking structure is like $5 (maybe $10 for the entire day.) Not to mention it's not even a 5 minute walk from the venue. Pierpont is an extremely large venue with Mason being pretty big too.

Possibly the best two venues in MI I have been to...

Next to TC's Smash Cafe venue :denzel:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
You obviously haven't seen the last two venues we have used. When we play at Pierpont you don't have to pay for parking. And when we play at Mason the parking structure is like $5 (maybe $10 for the entire day.) Not to mention it's not even a 5 minute walk from the venue. Pierpont is an extremely large venue with Mason being pretty big too.

The Mason Hall Parking Structure (Liberty Square) is actually $3 all day Saturday.

Mason is kinda small for something like a PS but for locals it's perfect.

I think that Schoolcraft is right around the level of Pierpont if we use it on a day that the FGC isn't there.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Gameyard tho

The venue I used for AMM #2 is pretty good in terms of size and parking (about as big as Mason. If not, Bigger.) And it's not in a dangerous part of Detroit. The only problem was one of the outlets didn't work. Hopefully that could be fixed in the future.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord

I just remember the times me and NoJ had to park literally 15 minutes away to get into digiops. On top of that the basement was tiny as ****. There was one venue that was good that I can't remember the name of that had all the counter-strike people in it. Mind you I haven't been to an Ann Arbor tournament since 2008.

SoulPech

Smash Master
ann arbor is the worst city in the world. if u can find decent parking u have to migrate 30 minutes in the ****ing hot *** weather. the place is filled with students who smoke and pollute the air. paid parking is a *****. the venues are tiny. i hate ann arbor...only good if u go to school there. good school for sure.
LoL. Southfield is the nicest part. Detroit is filled with scumbags and prostitutes.

This man for top tier!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So I need someone from Ann Arbor who can reserve the venues I need for PS6 to do so for the first weekend of December. Zinoto..? Juggleguy? Let me know. Thanks.

ZTD | TECHnology

I kind of want to host a SF at my place this week.

EDIT: Apasher, I will wreck you again in a game I don't even know how to play. Bring it girl!

:woman:

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Masonfest on Wednesday

EDIT: I take that back. Hopefully there will be one on Wednesday, but I'd rather not have 20 people at my place if Mason doesn't work out lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

I think I might just host a SF in these parts. I have the place to myself from Wednesday to Tuesday. I'll see if I can get Jake and Jordan here too.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I am already a part of it, but all of the tourneys are in Ann Arbor, usually. Way out of my reach. :/

No one has announced any plans for tourneys more east than Ann Arbor lately?
RyeJew (William Zachary Poleni on Facebook) lives in St. Clair Shores and is usually an avid traveler to Melee tournaments all over the state. I recommend finding him in the Michigan Melee Facebook group and exchanging contact info.

When's the last time you came to an Ann Arbor tourney? Don't compare the ****ty old venues like Get Your Game On to the much-improved new venues that we've found over the past three years. Pierpont is probably the best venue I've ever come across in terms of space, food, parking, and affordability. Mason is still a solid local venue though is definitely a bit worse in all aspects. Also, I think you're just uninformed about where to park. The Liberty Square structure on Central Campus is a $3 one-time fee on weekends and is just two blocks from Mason Hall / the diag. All blue lots on North Campus are free on weekends and free after 5pm on weekdays.

kd-

Smash Lord
Sax, you still live in Clinton Township? My parents' house is in Macomb, and from here to Ann Arbor is only an hour. If you're counting round trip it'll be 2 hours, but whether you take 94 or 696/275 it should still only take an hour. An hour shouldn't be that bad of a drive, but that's completely up to you and I respect your opinion.

Ann Arbor parking during weekdays for restaurants/meeting up on campus is awful.
Ann Arbor parking for smash is not bad at all, I hate to say this but no johns.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
RyeJew (William Zachary Poleni on Facebook) lives in St. Clair Shores and is usually an avid traveler to Melee tournaments all over the state. I recommend finding him in the Michigan Melee Facebook group and exchanging contact info.

When's the last time you came to an Ann Arbor tourney? Don't compare the ****ty old venues like Get Your Game On to the much-improved new venues that we've found over the past three years. Pierpont is probably the best venue I've ever come across in terms of space, food, parking, and affordability. Mason is still a solid local venue though is definitely a bit worse in all aspects. Also, I think you're just uninformed about where to park. The Liberty Square structure on Central Campus is a $3 one-time fee on weekends and is just two blocks from Mason Hall / the diag. All blue lots on North Campus are free on weekends and free after 5pm on weekdays.
i used to go to the gygo and digiops venue. i think the digiops was the nicer one, but parking was across the street and hard to find sometimes. gygo was just a crap venue with the tiniest basement and literally a 10 minute parking for us. id have to see the new ones, but ill take your word on it.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Out of all of the venues in MI, Pierpont Commons is ranked S in the MI Venue Tier List. You should definitely show up to an Ann Arbor tournament.

ZTD | TECHnology

Techfest tomorrow at 6pm at my place. Text me if you need the address again. And if you don't have the number, somebody you know does. I have Gifts, myself, Kee, BS and Ksev confirmed right now. So Ian, Chris, Kalle, whoever else wants to go lemme know.

Top Bottom