• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Techfest tomorrow at 6pm at my place. Text me if you need the address again. And if you don't have the number, somebody you know does. I have Gifts, myself, Kee, BS and Ksev confirmed right now. So Ian, Chris, Kalle, whoever else wants to go lemme know.
Also, no children.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tomorrow night works great for me, so count me in for the smashfest and I'll be bringing a setup as well.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Everyone should bring a spare buck or two for a small house tourney as well. Just for fun. Since half of the people here will need to unrust, it would be a good motivator for people to warm up.

Oh yeah Ori's post reminded me: Make sure you guys bring setups too.

ZTD | TECHnology

So I am being asked to move the Smashfest to Friday night instead of Thursday. I honestly don't care. Whatever brings out more attendance really. Bulletsquall asked me since him and his friend has to work tomorrow. Kee would still be able to attend. So just let me know whether you would prefer tomorrow or Friday for the SF. Thanks.

ZTD | TECHnology

The trip is 50/50 now according to Gifts. Maybe not even 50/50. Awaiting the official word from him later today and then we'll go from there. If KY does not happen then perhaps its better to do Friday since there's going to be a hunger for Smash.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
also

KY trip is called off unless someone else wants to carpool. I have family **** going on Saturday night that I wasn't informed about till Monday..

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
if MI isn't willing to drive no more then I guess I have no choice but stay home haha
If you go Kevin I'll team with you. Don't really care at this point honestly if we go or not but going would still be good, need some tourneys in my blood.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
He said add a bear or something to this photo.

Trusty photo shopper says "np" and thus, a bear was added to the photo.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Eh, I was only going because someone else was driving. KY is far and the logistics of getting and dropping off everyone would be a *****. I believe it was the same for stewy.

I say impromptu tourney, or just big and extended smashfest, at stewy or Tech's.

ZTD | TECHnology

If we're not going to Kentucky then let's make arrangements for this week. Maybe two Smashfests? One at my place Thursday or Friday, another at Stewy's Saturday? Or some variation of that. I have no problem having people over for a day.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
i used to go to the gygo and digiops venue. i think the digiops was the nicer one, but parking was across the street and hard to find sometimes. gygo was just a crap venue with the tiniest basement and literally a 10 minute parking for us. id have to see the new ones, but ill take your word on it.
If GYGO and Digi-Ops are your only sample of Ann Arbor tournaments, then I'm sorry. Like Aaron said, on a tier list of venues, both of those would be near the "negligible" category, aka they're bad in almost every aspect. Come to a tournament hosted at Pierpont and I guarantee you will change your tune about Ann Arbor hospitality.

ZTD | TECHnology

I wouldn't invite Smash players to my wedding either.

"Honey I'd like you to meet *insert nick name here*, I used to **** him in a video game 3 years ago".

stewyian

Smash Ace
If we're not going to Kentucky then let's make arrangements for this week. Maybe two Smashfests? One at my place Thursday or Friday, another at Stewy's Saturday? Or some variation of that. I have no problem having people over for a day.
I cant thirsday, friday and saturday im free so leggo

What's The Point

Smash Master
AA mostly liked Saturday for smash. I might go to Tech's on Friday but I wouldn't bother swinging by AA.

Also SK needs to drive down to one of these. He's only been out to one thing since he moved.

ZTD | TECHnology

So as a reminder, Smashfest will be on Friday night, not tonight. Starts at 6 PM, ends whenever I get terribly bored. Bring setups and friends etc. Text me for my address if needed.

Top Bottom