• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Yeah this new format is pretty cool actually. In the old smashboards I always hated constantly checking on threads to see if people replied to me. So the notifications are pretty handy imo. So how much has the brawl meta changed competitively in the past three years? The tier list doesn't look like it's changed very much.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I used to get notifications when people posted in my watched threads in the old format...

And the new meta is you stand around or hop around aiming for a timeout

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I use a strawberry esc red and I like it a lot. Might go to a blue soon but eh I'm lazy.

Yeah this new format is pretty cool actually. In the old smashboards I always hated constantly checking on threads to see if people replied to me. So the notifications are pretty handy imo. So how much has the brawl meta changed competitively in the past three years? The tier list doesn't look like it's changed very much.
I think the game has changed dramatically since you have been gone. You should definitely watch vids from this year's APEX to see for yourself.

Roller

Smash Legend
The difference in the metagame is that snake and Falco are no longer relevant, and ICs and Diddies have taken a bite out of MK's lion share of the prize money.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ That. And for the most part the metagame has been leaning more towards aggressive play and mixups, at least in the regions where the players are good enough to consistently play that way without getting exposed for it. MW as a whole is still a bit on the campy/slower side of things.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Yeah I played some people online from AiB today and this one guy was playing ROB like I've never seen him played before. Wait Falco isn't relevant? D: Why not? Falco was awesome. And yeah I'll definitely check those vids out ori.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I've seen Anti vs Otori. The games were long, but there was zero camping. Just straight up spacing, baiting, and pressuring.

SoulPech

Smash Master
ie: I skip most of soul pechs posts because I don't feel like straining my eyes worse to try and make out yellow on white
But for those who are mad about fonts, you can turn off seeing people's pre-set custom font colors in the options if you want.
Pretty much. My bg is black and yellow is the font. I have no problem reading it *shrug*.

JTsm

Smash Master
The difference in the metagame is that snake and Falco are no longer relevant, and ICs and Diddies have taken a bite out of MK's lion share of the prize money.
So unfortunately true. It's sad to quit my main, but oh wells. At least P:M actually made him good.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Nah Kyle you just bad :yeahboi:

But yes Apasher my fav match between Otori and ANTi was in the USA vs The World crew battle. They played for 10 minutes and it was nothing but perfect execution.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah I played some people online from AiB today and this one guy was playing ROB like I've never seen him played before. Wait Falco isn't relevant? D: Why not? Falco was awesome. And yeah I'll definitely check those vids out ori.
He's not because MKs know the mu too well now, he no longer has a winning mu vs Diddy, and most importantly, everyone worth their salt has a pocket ICs now.

kd-

Smash Lord
Ori said OTORI San ha kawaii desu not sure about the ha part don't know why it's there prolly should be a wa
it's pronounced 'wa' but the use of the 'ha' character is correct. It's a particle in the Japanese language; it's just the way it is.

That symbol means "bird" though.
'Tori' in Japanese is bird. The o is an honorific prefix. I believe Google Translate just made it that way, because it concluded 'Otori' is a noun.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
That is the symbol he uses for his name, I would know since that is how he signed my Apex shirt and the Raffle controller box I won at Apex.

Also Ian I know how to write correctly with Kana :p

W.C.N

Smash Lord
^ That. And for the most part the metagame has been leaning more towards aggressive play and mixups, at least in the regions where the players are good enough to consistently play that way without getting exposed for it. MW as a whole is still a bit on the campy/slower side of things.
http://youtu.be/yUgWQM6hVD4

Look at that game on YI a minute goes by an like 9% is done

stewyian

Smash Ace
We left armegeddon, uhh some Michigan info roller beat zeton lost to infern and ?, ksev beat smile and lost to Carl's and loe1, me9595 lost to axis and Wtp, Wtp lost to me and ?, I lost to p1 and drn Georgia salt, low1 lost to mjg and zinoto, he beat drn and Carl's in pools and he beat some other ppl, I beat infern in pools, zinoto did zinoto things as axis did Elliot things

JTsm

Smash Master
Pretty fun tournament. Never thought I would do okay in PM.

Staying at ben's house with Scott. :denzel:

Top Bottom