• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I highly suggest more Brawl players to go to SWEET, or else everyone else at the tournament will have to deal with Bitch2King.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Maybe everyone should stop asking "who is going" and just go... that's what MI Melee does, and we always have a good time at the tourneys. #nojohns

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
wow so who all is going for brawl for sweet?
Confirmed people are
- Ann Arbor (5-7)
- stewy and some of livonia (2-4)
- LOE1
- M2K
- Maestro + friends (2-3)

Honestly it'll be like the last sweet in terms of size so everyone should still go that can. Sadly I am working Friday-Sunday so I wont be attending :(

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Tutu. Just to clarify: I was never even upset at you for re-stating the obvious.... I just hated myself even more because you re-stated the obvious.

And 3 months ago was just Brawl. Today I'm talking about Smash as a whole. I would rather just not waste my efforts into anything since I'm too pathetic for everything.
Did you miss this post, I mean I can't deny his reasoning

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I remember when we had our livestream setup + our table for Brawl. After like 20 mins, Scumbag melee players just put their dirty Melee game on our space and took over. Stank ass glitchy game players. No one should go to this tournament on the brawl side.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
We are planning on having Brawl in the Boulevard room, so we won't have to worry about converting setups. Plus, that will help a lot when it comes to space.

stewyian

Smash Ace
Ori is wrong its more like me ksev zinoto roller maestro zyth and wtp m2k lo1 9 and lol at allys post, but i also didnt like how brawl was treated at the last sweet so i may go i may not ittl b like how i feel saturday

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Easter is Sunday and unless you are traveling with family for Easter I don't see why you wouldn't go.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Have you guys forgotten who has gone out of his way to secure venues for the last three installments of the PS series and the latest Outrage? Why should I even try to support MI Brawl if I have to read garbage like Ally's last post? You guys need to understand that it's a two-way street when it comes to "treatment" as Stewy mentioned. If an event at a tourney brings only 14 entrants in, like Brawl did at the last SWEET, then the TOs should not feel obligated to allocate half of the venue and half of the schedule to that event, especially when there's a 50-person event and a 20-person event happening at the same time. There's always a limited amount of space and time. I'm trying to give MI Brawl the opportunity to show up in numbers at the biggest monthly tourney series in the state. Those numbers didn't quite happen at the last SWEET, and I understood maybe that was because it was the first time Brawl had been included in the series, so I'm giving it a second shot this time.

SoulPech

Smash Master
At least Half of the Brawl players in MI troll on smashboards anyway.

If I didn't have a family to celebrate Easter with I'd probably go to SWEET

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I don't think I can make this, West MI prob isn't travelling to East MI until Summer starts! Still should support this tourney though(:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I won't be going because I don't have any teammate, and since dubs is the only brawl I like there's no reason to go... Unless roller wants to team lol

JTsm

Smash Master
Have you guys forgotten who has gone out of his way to secure venues for the last three installments of the PS series and the latest Outrage? Why should I even try to support MI Brawl if I have to read garbage like Ally's last post? You guys need to understand that it's a two-way street when it comes to "treatment" as Stewy mentioned. If an event at a tourney brings only 14 entrants in, like Brawl did at the last SWEET, then the TOs should not feel obligated to allocate half of the venue and half of the schedule to that event, especially when there's a 50-person event and a 20-person event happening at the same time. There's always a limited amount of space and time. I'm trying to give MI Brawl the opportunity to show up in numbers at the biggest monthly tourney series in the state. Those numbers didn't quite happen at the last SWEET, and I understood maybe that was because it was the first time Brawl had been included in the series, so I'm giving it a second shot this time.
When was there ever an obligation to go to an event? We just thought you were nice enough to give us a venue. Like, there's no two way street. I shouldn't feel obligated to attend all the time you host. Not everyone is going to feel the way you want us to with certain dates. People are leaving brawl, and I'm not surprised by the little amount that people are coming. If you feel like brawl is not going to be a good event this SWEET, then don't waste your time. lol. Like, if you wanted to charge us more money for taking the time to give us venues, then w/e. In general, I don't think you should feel obligated to give us brawl people venues if you think it's annoying to do so.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
You missed my point entirely. Of course there's no obligation to attend anything. But if you complain about not having the same venue space and time as other events, you should try to understand why that's the case. TOs will throw the most support towards the events that support the tourney the most... that's how it works at these multi-game events, not the other way around.

I don't mind getting ahold of the venues for other people at all, because I think it's always good for the scene to have a reliable place to host tourneys. Just very irritated by posts like Ally's, whether they're products of trolling or not. Show some respect bro.

I honestly don't think you should waste your time running brawl at your series. It's quite clear only locals(and not even all the locals) are the only people planning to attend them. If I had to guess it's because both the brawl scene is shrinking, and people don't wanna travel 2-3 hours to go to tournaments where our event feels like just a side event. I'm not saying it's your intention to make brawl seem like a side event, but your events are melee tournaments.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Fair enough. Like I said, I just thought it was a good opportunity to expand to a day of four-game festivities.

Regardless of turnout, Brawl will have its own room across the hallway on Saturday for the entire day, and I hope that's more comfortable and convenient for everyone at the tourney.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
To me, it seems like each game gets approximately the same amount of interest when the tournament is under a completely different series that is more dedicated to running multiple events; like GSS and BAMF. If a multi-Smash tournament is under a series that was known for being revolved more around one game, chances are, the other games would feel more like side events. (i.e: SPAU2 and SWEET X)

If you want to host multiple Smash games and have approximately the same amount of interest for each, keep in mind in the future that you're better off doing that under a completely different series with TOs from each game collaborating. Just MHO.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Gosh Apasher you're making me blush mentioning BAMF Embarrass

TBH I think the WBSTs were better but that was before a lot of you youngins were around playing.

Top Bottom