• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Acro

Smash Ace
Hey guyz, I'm thinking of having a smashfest in Midland on October 2nd cause I miss melee - Anyone interested that has that Saturday night free PM me and i'll tell you address n ****. I don't expect a lot of people but figured i'd post on here to maybe get a few of you!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Acro, there's a Melee tourney that day in Garden City and there's a Melee tourney this Saturday in Ann Arbor. If you miss Melee, come to one or both events and bring Shibby and co. (are you guys part of the group Xatic is driving here?) because to be perfectly realistic, nobody can travel to Midland for a Smashfest during the bulk part of the school year.

Acro

Smash Ace
psh no johns :) haha there is a tourny that day? where is garden city? We're not really that serious about smash competitively anymore...don't really wanna lose money at a tourny.. just wanna pwn ppl with samus nowadays :) howev we may consider garden city

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
made a more detailed post in the tourny thread, but

I have been planing on driving to this tournament all month and have been practicing...but 4 exams next week along with work all week leaves me no other time to study other than Saturday. I'll be seeing you guys at the MSU tourny.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Thanks Michigan + Oro I am done *****ing.

Tomorrow is my birthday!.......and I don't know what to do lol

Also...I would like to ask you guys your opinion on something (those who play Brawl)

For future Gameyard tournaments, I am considering making an updated stage list and I want to tweak a few things. I would prefer to keep a relatively conservative stage list however I am also considering a 7 stage starter list instead of 5. It would be nice if people weren't so reliant on Smashville as their main starter and I think the addition with 2 more stages could add some more variety. Please give me your thoughts. Also if you think any existing stages on the current Michigan Standard Stage List should be added or removed let me know.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
For future Gameyard tournaments, I am considering making an updated stage list and I want to tweak a few things. I would prefer to keep a relatively conservative stage list however I am also considering a 7 stage starter list instead of 5. It would be nice if people weren't so reliant on Smashville as their main starter and I think the addition with 2 more stages could add some more variety. Please give me your thoughts. Also if you think any existing stages on the current Michigan Standard Stage List should be added or removed let me know.
I'd like to see what you are thinking dude. Post it up in the Social Group, we need to use that more! ^_^;

Also, to everyone who is that social group, please check out the discussion thread I posted. I want your feedback, I believe it was a step in the right direction for us.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Then make them do something stupid by doing something that looks stupid but isn't. Or watch closer; people always do stupid things.
or be like pre-2008 M2K and make the stupid decision the correct one while the smart one leads to death.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Stick with 5. When games start on Smashville 8/10 times its because the people striking aren't utilizing the stage strike system to their advantage.

And Japes should be legal.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Most people just go to Smashville because they like that stage. Adding more stages to the starter list just means people can ban SV, BF, and FD from a Falco/Diddy/ICs. Outside of those times when a person really doesn't want to go to SV, or BF, against one of those characters people will still default to SV. Only add more to the starter lift if you really believe other stages are neutral enough for it, or you think it's a problem for those 3 characters to get to go to SV.

Lain are you going to Hot Dickings?
Kain, unoffically speaking for Lain, I can say this. He wants to go, will try to find a ride for it, but will probably ultimately fail and go to the MI tournament on that same date.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I'll MM any MI Sheik with my Falcon. Should be easy money for you right?
I'm up in dis. Don't even know what game You're talking about. Don't care either. YOu just challenged me to a brawl Money Match, let's get it son. 10$ best of 5

EDIT: YOU BOUT TO LOSE MONEY TO GIO DUCK AND ME, ANKOKU NEEDS TO GET UP IN DIS FREE MONEY HANDOUT

MICHIGAN SHEIK'S UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also since I'm lazy and hate scrolling through pages of social chat to find updates on potential smashfests happening. From now on assume I'm willing to go, and will be in need of a ride. Or text me.

What's The Point

Smash Master
AA people, specifically Roller and Gio, we should do a brawl smashfest today. I'll be going to Plymouth at some point tonight, so I can stop by AA for the night instead. In which case I can grab Tutu and Mann, which should be enough people.

So once one of you say you can get the place to gather we should be good.

Roller

Smash Legend
AA people, specifically Roller and Gio, we should do a brawl smashfest today. I'll be going to Plymouth at some point tonight, so I can stop by AA for the night instead. In which case I can grab Tutu and Mann, which should be enough people.

So once one of you say you can get the place to gather we should be good.
Angell Hall, which is right on the diag at UM (center of campus) always has class rooms open that you can use for studying or whatnot, and they have lagless TVs in every room, plus you can move TVs around 'cause they aren't locked. So we can get as many setups as we want/need into a room. Unless Gio feels like hosting.

I'd be interested in doing it tonight.

Hot_Arms, you interested? And somebody check with Lain.

L-R-A-Start

Smash Apprentice
haha you guys always want smashfests on the nights when I have to dress up for sorority events. It makes me feel like I'm way too over-dressed, but I'm too lazy to change lol

Oh btw, does anyone know who Arek Keifer Lewis is? o.o

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Dressing like a regular person is over dressing for a smashfest, and if ur already overdressed, why not take it to the max

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Meleefest at North Quad 3rd floor tonight, 8pm. Get hyped for tomorrow!!

WTP, roller, and other Brawl dudes -- feel free to use our lounge too. We'll have 3 TVs here. I think it'd be pretty cool to have a dual smashfest.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'm good with a smashfest instead of melee/brawlfest. Though I'd only play Brawl, so before I leave I need to know when the brawl playing people intend to be playing.

earthadept

Smash Lord
I can't host tonight, I'm going to a concert. But I will show up to any smashfests still going on when I get back!

I actually will probably only play melee lolz. Gotta represent 6th pillar tomorrow!!!!!!!

also duck doesn't play sheik. unless i'm way behind on the melee scene lol

Top Bottom