• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I had a lot of fun on Saturday. Good games to all. Except bowyer, ha.

Gonna work on actually knowing matchups, so I don't fall apart under pressure. Need that practice, Mark!

Velynn - of course we didn't play. next smashfest for sure.
Kail - good games. we always seem to have fun sets and dumb combos
Kagu - wish we would have played, next time.
Duck - i suck. thanks for showing me that much. I also don't know the samus matchup at all, but I'll work on it for sure. Next time I'll play you before the mind altering substances and liquids ha. GG's
Bowyer - glad you came out man. you definitely used my fear to your advantage, next time I won't be. hah. SALTY. definitely hit me up when your in the area man, i forgot to text you my number because i don't have yours. facebooked.
Mark - good few games that we played. Next smashfest it would be immensely helpful if we played for a while, falco is without a doubt my hardest matchup. Oh, and good **** in crews.
Rob - sorry we didn't get our MM's in. I wasn't in the mindset for it that day. Good games though for sure, I really enjoy playing you. Let me know a date when you think I should throw another one and I more than likely will.
Travis - we didn't play much, but GG's in the ones we had. lets definitely play a tiny bit more ha.

don't think i forgot anyone? gg's all. let's do it again, although i may have to kick you out a tiny bit earlier next time.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Lol, sorry, I was talking about the Warren smashfest last night. I'm Alexander, btw. I'm sick of having this tag in SWF but I don't feel like starting a new account and don't have the spare money to throw at a premium membership so I can change it.

So what's the story with Friday in Ann Arbor? Is anyone else from the Detroit area going? If people in A^2 are available in the evening/early night (like before 9 or 10) then I'd totally love to come for some melee before I go to a birthday party later. So I'd be happy to give a ride to anyone who needs one, but I'm not sure how late I'll be heading back from Ann Arbor on Friday, if at all (and I can't take strangers to the party because I just met the girl throwing it, haha). Point of story, I can't commit to giving rides back unless people have a place to stay Friday in case I spend the night.

And yay for something not being stolen at DPS

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I will indeed be rounding up the Melee troops.

Friday evening at Mason, it's goin down. Confirmed so far = Juggleguy, Calvin, Aceplayer, 3Chairz, Composeur. Anyone else want in? SCOTU, Bowyer, perhaps even the mythical Hot ArmS?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tech and Juggleguy I posted my tentative dates for my tournaments this summer in the Summer plans thread plz go check it out :)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
unless you either get your exams back then or have to turn in work.

edit: lol who am I kidding? Have I ever done either of those things? (at least at discussion...)

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
officially on **** probation in melee. my marth lost to LOE1s gayondorf and my fox got ***** by zeldamasters falcon

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, you can't be on **** probation if you never ***** in the first place, haha.

In other news... what do UM people think about Super Smash Bros Diag Board advertisements for this summer? They seem pretty awesome to me.

Link: http://www.umich.edu/~sorc/diagboards.html

I entered the lottery a few weeks ago in case I got a spot and wanted to take advantage of it. Turns out I did win a spot :awesome: so now the SSB club is eligible to put up two of these diag boards for the entire summer! Anyone want to help me paint a kick *** diag board canvas after school gets out?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
that sounds kinda expensive (I'm not sure how to read their prices) and a total PITA to make, but if you guys did it, that'd be epic beyond any smash advertisement awesome ever seen in the likes of MI.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's $15 per board for a "premiere" campus spot, which I'm hoping is a one-time placement price, not a weekly charge. Materials are expensive-ish, but nothing unreasonable.

$15 one-time placement charge, x 2 boards => $30
$18 for a new Diag Board, x 2 boards => $36
$2 per sq ft for lamination, x ~24 sq ft x 2 boards => $96
$20 estimate for paint/brushes/markers => $20

$184 total for two Diag Boards for the entire summer. Or $88 total if we don't laminate (I think we should for canvas quality/lifetime).

It's do-able. Might just have to bump up the venue fee for an event or two :troll:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yeah i couldn't tell how it was priced per time, since there's a discount for long lasting boards, I don't think it can possibly be a one time charge (otherwise it's cheaper to put your board up for longer :troll:)

edit: upon closer inspection, the discount lists that summer board space rental is... free?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Good find Dan, it turns out summer board space is free lol. -$15 for expenses.

Brian, welcome week board space goes back up to the normal price, and there's a different lottery for fall term advertisement space. I got 2 spots just for May through August.

slayertokey

Smash Journeyman
who wants to come to my smashfest tomorrow? apasher you should bring the southfield crew. i'm picking up some ppl from warren and anybody else who wants to come is welcome to.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
A bold move indeed.

Ann Arbor dual smashfest Friday @ 8pm. Mason Hall 3rd floor as usual.

Confirmed so far = Juggleguy, Roller, Gio, Lain, Calvin, Aceplayer, 3Chairz

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Juggle, you know I'm down to help with the advertising board. I have some skills with Photoshop and Illustrator, and I'm going to be learning InDesign soon.

Top Bottom