• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

makoforce

Smash Ace
I would startt going to tourneys but i always have transportation johns. I was supposed to go to game yard since i live in Inkster. But i didnt have no way back to my house. ;_;

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Critical? At least we're not dropping standards. I hope it didn't stop being our goal of reaching "we stopped sucking! Yeah!" instead of "we're getting better! Yeah!" I mean, everyone improves (hopefully). If you want to be worth anything, the important part is improving faster.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Or when people get their lump sums of Financial Aid in so they can make it out there.

...Speaking of which, I gotta go find your Melee disc, Kail. I put it somewhere where it would be safe and wouldn't get lost. So of course, I have no idea where that is. Either in my room or the trunk of my car. But it'll find it's way back to you. Someday.

Sumer

Smash Ace
I have class til 6 today. o.e I could stop by your place and chill til everyone comes by later if you want, Marco, or I can just go home first and stop by later. I'm in the com arts building so I'm like two minutes away from Wilson. lol

Roller

Smash Legend
Ok, so the Michigan Daily is working on a piece about videogaming communities in the area. They got my name from somebody who knew about the weekly smashfests I was holding last year.

They were hoping to get in on a smashfest this week. And see the group dynamics/do a couple of interviews.

Plus a number of the AA guys want a smashfest on Thursday. Soooo. Big smashfest in AA Thursday night. I will be spreading word to all the not as competitive guys I know who used to come to my weekly smashfests as well. We should be getting a pretty good turnout.

Juggle, I think it would be a good idea if you could make it out, being pretty much the head of AA melee. And call in any melee guys you know who would come. As of now I'm going to say 9:00pm on Thurs. Please don't be overwhelmingly (an hour or more) late.

We want them to see an alive community which could (and will) inspire new players. If you think about it, just about everyone thinks they **** at smash until they play someone competitive, so I could see a lot of guys coming to prove themselves after reading the article.

If EL & others could come out it would be GREATLY appreciated. I understand if you don't, just throwing it out there.

Hype for a big smashfest/new players!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
kail and west side you guys should come too! drop that knowledge

also, are we not gonna get in trouble if we tell them that we just pick a room and take a tv's from other rooms to play on

Roller

Smash Legend
haha, I was thinking about you guys, and SuperTH and people in those parts, but it would be a lot to ask of you. lol
We would LOVE to have you though if you guys want to make it out. It should be a pretty large smashfest. The ones I held back in the day would reach up to ~17 people at times.

@Hot Arms, I'll talk with the reporter about certain things beforehand. But the classrooms are free to use for people to study and whatnot. So it shouldn't be a problem.

Kail

Smash Lord
I'm like 4 people in one. So you'd have to remember that. I'll talk to Velynn to see if he wants to go on out. If not I may still drive out there provided someone would house me until the morning.

Top Bottom