• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Good playin melee again fellas.

Soul: "Ay man, you can tell that Kool Aid wasn't made by a black person."

Me: "Not enough sugar."

Kool Aid made by a black person = Best Kool Aid

John, tell your mom to CLEAN THAT **** UP! =P Tell her *** that hoarding is a sin, and then quote some made up scripture to her. ****, make up a new commandment if you have to. Though shalt clean your ****ing house. Amen. ^_^

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Kyle..brother. You know that idea you pitched at me when I texted you after pools last week? I'm totally trying it at my tournament. I think you were on to something.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Sooooooo theres gotta be a way that we can make that AA smash club legit to the point where we can book rooms whenever we feel like it. I can guarantee smashfests would happen then. Just give three or four people who are officers of the club or something the keys and open up the biggest rooms when needed, noone's in angel hall past 9 anyways.

Roller, I may have asked you about this before, but I forget now, is any of that possible?

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
John, tell your mom to CLEAN THAT **** UP! =P Tell her *** that hoarding is a sin, and then quote some made up scripture to her. ****, make up a new commandment if you have to. Though shalt clean your ****ing house. Amen. ^_^
also tell your sister i said hi and im coming back to make that kool aid :cool:

lipton, we just verbally wombo combo'd someone........9/10

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Booking a room costs money. Doesn't matter if you reserve it for one hour or ten hours, it's $60 flat for a room the size of the SWEET venue and still $25 for a ****ty room.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Smashers without transportation aren't the reason AA sucks at putting together fests. There's just no incentive for showing up on time because you guys always stay up to play until 5am. Set an ending time so people get their ***** in gear.

Roller

Smash Legend
Also, everyone just says, somebody text me if **** is going on.

...Am I the one who is always supposed to text people? I was playing smash with people in my hall waiting to hear from other people.

i doubt it if i dont know it by now
Hot Arms, you didn't even respond earlier when I texted asking if you wanted to play tonight.

Gio responded, but he always responds saying he will. Then I go to Mason 30 minutes after I say I will and STILL have to wait over an hour for him to get there plenty of times. I need more than just him to say ok, I'll be there at 9. (or whatever time it is)

Otherwise, somebody else get the people together.

EDIT: ninja'd by Juggle

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Coulda sworn clubs had like an alottment of rooms as long as they booked them waaaay ahead of time. Rooms like the Union ballroom obviously always need a deposit but things like classrooms shouldn't. I'll ask our administrative chair (the person who books the rooms) to enlighten me a bit more. I really think its a viable option, even for free venues.

Also, I obviously can't speak for the guys getting rides or asking for them, but I definitely think our recent indecision causes you guys (and myself included) to always double guess your commute to enjoy a bit of smash, but I think at least a little bit of guarantee of a fest would increase attendance in this case.

Roller

Smash Legend
The thing is. If people drove here. There would always BE a fest. Because me, tutu, and gio are virtually always down. But unless someone can provide rides, it's only me and gio, and then we are less inclined to go.

Tech, are you still thinking about holding something tomorrow? 'cause I would totally go if I could get a ride.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm terrible at SC2. Only in bronze league. But I understand the game so well, I just cannot apply it when I play. =/
Really? I mean, I find that certain levels of understanding are only reached when you can play at some level, too. If it's really just a matter of application, you might be trying to do too much and are not actually focusing on the basics.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I've kinda lost interest in going to AA. It's a long drive, I rather play with the sun out and end before midnight, and EL has more smashfest people than AA does. The only advantages are Lain is in AA, which isn't reliable, and it's a more central location for larger gatherings, but larger gatherings should happen at a house or anything other than a schoolroom.

lain

Smash Master
IDK what's wrong with the classrooms. They're fine and we can get as many tv's as we need.

Sorry I know I'm unreliable :[ It's in my natureeeeeeeeee

What's The Point

Smash Master
Compare the fun of a Mason smashfest to that of an Iris smashfest. Being at someone's place is more relaxing and comfortable, and an important point to many is that you can freely drink.

Given, Iris used to get more people as well, which is another factor. Currently there aren't enough people for me to really want to travel outside of those times I go home or a tournament is coming up.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
@Juggle I Don't follow how us playing until 5 am derails people from showing.

@WTP comparing the scene back to the iris SF days is somewhat unfair lol.

@Lain I don't feel that it should be required for you to have to show up for a SF for it to be a good fest, or that you should have to pick ppl up/drop them off.

@Roller If we started them earlier "like say 8" I would be able to bus down... I wouldn't have a way back unless someone with a car showed up... But I should be able to bus back before my first class if someone wouldn't mind letting me crash with them.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Although I do like going to aa, it starts getting expensive traveling back and fourth from my college to there. I mean yeah I could drive people all the time but driving an hour and a half every week kinda gets annoying after a while. I'll still continue to go to smashfest in aa and everything just know I cant show up every week. :(

fZk

Smash Lord
I'm willing to host this week in EL. What day works for you?

I can be at my place (fits 6 or 7) or somewhere else if more show up.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
fzk, anyday between today and thursday works for me I believe.

@Ankoku whats your b net ID and character code?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
aisight.334
Or you can RealID me tony.f.cheng at gmail.com
I'm just a Plat scrub haha.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Guys, I have decided that I want to host a regional sometime during the summer. It's been a long *** time since Michigan has had a big event and we should have some sort of incentive to bring people to our state. It's cool that we managed to get Ohio to come to the final Gameyard but I want to aim for bigger and better things and have not just our friends from Ohio but all of our neighboring states come to MI. So I'm gonna start saving some cash for a venue and start brainstorming ideas for what it should contain. I believe I can now pull this off.

Sumer

Smash Ace
Sorry about last night, I passed out after beer pong after only getting a few hours of sleep during a 9 hour car ride the night before. lol

But I do think we should throw more smash fests in EL that AA people can come to. EL people are always the ones that come to AA to travel, but we have more people that frequently go to smash fests when they're held, we just go to AA to play because no one there travels, but now at least Lain has a car and if they find someone else we could alternate where our smash fests are held (once in EL then in AA and switch off). EL has house to smash (and drink) in and more people. AA has class rooms and Lain. lol

Or maybe meet up in the middle for smash fests like how we use to do for Iris's smash fests. Perhaps at gift's place? I know it's about half an hour from EL so it should be about the same distance from AA.

Also, I'm down to smash this week once I figure out my work schedule, but I also have a group project I'll probably have to meet up with my group for, but we haven't picked times yet.

Top Bottom