• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The selfish part of me wants me to say "Oh well, no more tourney". But I'll host it anyway. If I can't find a reason to play in between now and then, I am selling my wii and games and never looking back.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Honestly, Tech, if you can't find love for the game, it may be for the best. For all anyone knows, Smash might just not be your kind of game. Regardless, hope things go alright for you.

ZTD | TECHnology

Oh I forgot, Roller did beat Quivo in bracket which is cool. Tutu also lost to Hylian in bracket.

Also iit may just be better if I just end it. I love the community and the friends I've made here but the game itself is a chore. I play to have fun but for me having fun is also performing well and seeing results. And I'm not getting them. I don't have the time to sit and focus on the game like I'd like to. I don't have wifi either. It is impossible for me to improve enough in these circumstances. I get angry because of them and I end up not enjoying my out of state trips.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards leaving.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I prescribe that you take a break dude. It's what I did after Pool Pools 4 when I went 0-2 in bracket.

Think about it. I'm sure we'll all support whatever you do in the end. :D

ZTD | TECHnology

@Soul:No, I could do better things with my money thanks. I'm tired of traveling and have nothing to show for it. Its really disheartening after it happens over and over. Sorry.

All I'm good for is hosting tournies.

D

Deleted member

I was watching your YouTube channel and you've gotten aloooooot better since the last time I've seen you play
I think d3 is your best character

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
and Tech you just got all this new equipment for recording all your sweet stuff maybe you should work on making a cool combo video of yourself and friends to see how much fun it is. And doing flashy stuff sometimes pays off and you can style on the other pros next tourney

Boxxy

Smash Lord
well I lost the battle against system tools virus. think I looked stuff up too slow and couldn't get **** that was supposed to work work.

R.I.P first laptop. I need a new one really badly anyway... gonna try and recover stuff (just music, really)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I want to be out there, though.

Just finished about 7 hours straight of Wifi. What.
How long did you and Dakota play for? I ended up falling asleep at 4:30 or 5 lol

Also Derek if I don't talk with you on Skype before your tourney I would like to have a good talk with you and see where your head is.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Dakota took off around 8, I think. Robjoe started playing around 6 or so, so it was all very cool. I won the majority of matches, before I went Ganon for fun. And by fun I mean 'oh god why'. But yeah, Robjoe and I continued to about 11, where I did a quick run to the hardware store for unrelated reasons, and picked it back up for a couple games.

And now Mario stands alone in the Wifi room. Although I'm not always there to respond, if anyone tries to join me. XD

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Yo luke I work in a computer repair center and have never come across a virus I couldn't handle so if you need any help you know who to call dog. I could get your data back too if need be

Tech don't quit just take it easy a while. Everyone has a plateau and what's going to get you through it probably isn't just playing a lot, its thinking about the game a lot. Forget everything technical, just think fundamental. I'm not good at brawl but its all just game psychology in the end anyways.

From the little bit I played you I see your ability isn't what's holding you back at all. At this point id say its all mental. Brawl is one of those games you can get better at without playing lol. Just like melee right moose? ;)

Moooose

Smash Champion
yup exactly
or even if you dont actively think about the game you can still improve by takin a break, should kill some habits and whatnot

ZTD | TECHnology

I think what I am going to do is take a three week break from Brawl and just play Melee and focus on getting my technical ability in that up. Then I'll refresh myself on Brawl before my tournament and see what happens. Though if I did poorly at my tournament this would pretty much confirm my desire to quit the game more or less. I know I am looking at this in a really critical way but I'm pretty salty right now. I had a pool that I know I could have made it out of...ugh I'm just going to stop right there.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
That's a horrible plan for improving in brawl. Just don't stop playing and focus on why you lost so it doesn't happen to you again.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I dunno. I mean, if you want to be competitive in a game but it takes more dedication than you'd like to spend on it, it's hard to accept the advice "just dedicate more time to it."

ZTD | TECHnology

If I had a more effective way to practice I would do so. There is only so much you can do when you are playing by yourself for a majority of the time. I don't think that bad practice is any better than no practice.

**** it.

ZTD | TECHnology

I have been to A2 twice in the past 2 months. That is not a lot of practice.

I honestly have no idea how to improve any further. I mean I even know what my habits are I just get flustered and start ****ing up.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
thanks Marco, but we restored it to factory settings. I've needed to for a long time now seeing how a lot of stuff just stopped working with it. I'm installing updates and stuff right now

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Idk what bad practice is? Do you mean incorrectly learning a technique? Or an ineffecient means of practice? Personally I can't fathom what bad practice could be. Practice is practice, there is always something you can learn, even on your own. Can you honestly say you've done everything you can do by yourself? Dont answer to me because i dont care all that much but answer yourself you'll know if you're lying or not.Even theorycrafting is a type of practice. If you know you're habits get rid of them its that simple. If you lose your cool during matches then calm yourself down when it happens. But heres a start on self improving. Stop johning.

@Ankoku- If you dont want to put forth the necessary amount of dedication to improve then you don't deserve to win and shouldn't complain when you don't. You in the third person sense of course.

ZTD | TECHnology

I have no other console besides Wii at the moment.

I need to get going now,..besides I realized that all I have done for the past 3 pages is ***** incessantly because of many own mistakes and there's nothing that anyone else here can do it about it. Later all.

Top Bottom