• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

mew1000

Smash Journeyman
Hey MI crew, quick question: would you all attend tournaments in NEOH once we start hosting them up again? We're in the process of reviving our area and getting good attendance at our events (similar to Test Your Might success in the past), and we would really appreciate it if you guys would lend us your support in the near future. Stay tuned! :)
I'm in OH for xmas so I could get there ASAP is that ok?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hey MI crew, quick question: would you all attend tournaments in NEOH once we start hosting them up again? We're in the process of reviving our area and getting good attendance at our events (similar to Test Your Might success in the past), and we would really appreciate it if you guys would lend us your support in the near future. Stay tuned! :)
KBizzle I'd go and I'm sure I could find others to go. Ohio is always fun to play. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

ZTD | TECHnology

Michigan show some love for Ohio <3

Ohio should come out to one our tournaments soon. I'll be hosting monthlies. Its been like a year since you guys came out here.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
If I can be updated on such things so I know far enough ahead of time(read: NOT the week of), I might be able to get work off for such things. ^_^

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I was always weary of going to NE OH since the rest of Ohio never seems to go there.
I understand what you mean, but no one has ever had a good reason not to come to NEOH tournaments. The TYM series was great and shows that this area is capable of hosting quality tournaments. The truth is...the majority of Ohio is kind of lazy when it comes to traveling up here (or more than 3 hours in any direction honestly). That's the only reason attendance has been scarce up here.

And Tech Chase is correct, the difference between NEOH and Cinci/Columbus/Springfield is those other areas already have a solid pool of 15 to 20+ players each as their default amount at events, whereas NEOH lacks that default amount (we have like...5 to 10 regulars if we're lucky). We need support to get our initial attendance numbers to a respectable amount in order to attract attention from other areas.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I would try to come KB
NEOH trys to come to MI events we should try to go down there and show support

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I appreciate that Ori. :3

I believe MI is trying to rebuild its scene/activity as well, is that correct?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
yup we need more tourneys and people willing to host tourneys other than Tech and myself
I see. There's not much we can do about the amount of people who can host tournies up in MI, but we can certainly provide a couple of cars (or more) in numbers at your events to help your rebuild. A collaboration effort would help both of our areas out in attracting attention and making our events bigger. :3

Oh and before I forget, our first scheduled event is Test Your Might X in December (assuming there aren't any added tournaments before then); it will be taking place in Sole's mansion which also has an indoor pool and hot tub. I have yet to discuss with him the attendance cap since it's his parents' mansion, but if the cap permits then would MI players like to make the trip down?

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah Michigan is in the process of rebuilding as well. It's all starting with my first monthly tournament next October. Then hopefully others will start. I love Ohio peeps so it would not be an issue raising interest in helping you guys do the same. This is exactly what regions are for. We're neighbors after all.

We can advertise when we get the full details for the next TYM. I am working my *** off to try to get Michigan back into tournaments. Many of us dont travel out of state but I do alongside Lain, Judge, L_ Tutu, DarkLouis and others. I'm sure we could work something out.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
u missed my football game :( :( :(

gio came with the rapness of 6th pillar ori and some ppl came it was a partyyyyyy

Roller

Smash Legend
Anything going on in Ann Arbor sooooon?
Smashfest on Sunday, starting ~8:00-8:30. Last week we went 'til a little after 12:00 or so.

Should have Brawl AND Melee this week. It would help if other people brought melee setups though (don't need TVs, just game+system). We had about 7 last week, expecting a few more this week.

Gonna be at Angell Hall once again, PM me to have your email added to the list, and/or to get my number so you can call/text to figure out what room we decide to use.

Top Bottom