• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

earthadept

Smash Lord
Well it totally depends on who's entering melee, but I probably will. If it's just bowyer in terms of good people then I will.
Are you entering, ankoku? :p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, if Melee starts like three hours after Brawl, then I will. Otherwise I'll be busy taking an exam.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I feel bad for everyone who cant make it to the VoM tourney. Prolly the most awesome venue ever.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I don't think I'm coming to AA at all this weekend now....

With tourney plans so unsure atm, I'm not sure if it's worth it for me. =/

Xyless

Smash Master
If you're still unsure L Cancel (between IL and OH anyway), just letting you know that Best in the Midwest will be the bigger tourney in IL this weekend, and first place gets a free iPhone with a full year of service free, and there's a raffle for an iPad. But I assume you guys knew that since you were originally picking that over MAS.

I'm mostly going there because my normal rides to MAS are going there, and I can take the train there.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
I want to get in a lot of Melee early next week while most people are still in town. Who's up for an all-day Smashfest on Monday or Tuesday?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
I still got finals tonight.

I say Monday we play Melee all day. 2nd Elliot Markley lounge has a legit TV, and my room is right next door, so we carry in another TV in for maximum ****. If we get enough people we could do a $1 entry winner-take-all tourney.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I feel bad for everyone who is as bad at smash as you are.
hahaha still crying I see. Yeah I am bad at this game though, but I mean hey what can you do right? Dont really care about this game or any of the people here, honestly theres 20 times better ways you can spend your saturday instead of sitting a hot basement smelling kids that dont know they have to take showers yet. And you people know who you are.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
hahaha still crying I see. Yeah I am bad at this game though, but I mean hey what can you do right? Dont really care about this game or any of the people here, honestly theres 20 times better ways you can spend your saturday instead of sitting a hot basement smelling kids that dont know they have to take showers yet. And you people know who you are.
Then why are you here talking to basement smelling kids that dibt know they have to take showers. I take a shower daily so i know i dont count ^_^. stop wasting time saying things and just stop playing if you dont like the game or us.

Notra

Smash Ace
Tbh, if ppl decide to ditch the tourney I'm hosting I will be pretty disappointed. I may not be the most respected person, but I definently give off a positive tone, and help when I can. With my interest for brawl already declining this might be the point where I say **** everyone but those Ive made as true friends.

It's kinda sad ppl venture out of state when there's **** in there own back yards. Just don't complain when there is a lack of MI tourneys or even players in the future.

Reluctant sigh*.....

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I hope the turnout is good. I feel kind of bad that Notra,Tutu and Soviet had been advertising/hyping this for a while and the turnout is being threatened by last minute/OoS tournaments. Not blaming anyone of course but just saying.

Regardless of who is coming, I'm on my way, I'm supporting this event and I'm going to have fun.

Mister Cadaver

Smash Apprentice
By the way, I can see why some people wouldn't want to go. TheSoviet is really digging himself a hole in regards to people wanting to go to tournaments he has a part of. Just saying.

Notra

Smash Ace
By the way, I can see why some people wouldn't want to go. TheSoviet is really digging himself a hole in regards to people wanting to go to tournaments he has a part of. Just saying.
Lol so Ive noticed. But it also says to me that ppl hate him more than they like me. Which is a slap to the face.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
MC has a point. I have nothing against....anyone in Michigan actually but thesoviet saying he doesn't care about the game, us and his actions would deter people from coming.

Notra you contribute to Michigan Smash and you should be proud of that. But who you associate can help/hinder you when it comes to running tournaments.

EDIT: Also you're mindset will also affect how your tourney goes. Have fun dude. Doesn't matter if 50 people are going or 25. Have fun today and you can't lose. If you need help running this thing I'll help also. just enjoy your tourney. If the host isnt going to who is?

Mister Cadaver

Smash Apprentice
It's not about "hating" anyone. It's rather uncomfortable in an unfriendly environment. People go out to these to have fun. I don't get uncomfortable easily, so I'll be just fine. Just because people aren't going, it doesn't mean it is a personal insult. He should realize that too. Regarding Bowyer and thesoviet's little flame war, that's to be expected. Though, attacking the others really wasn't mature.

earthadept

Smash Lord
I have my last 2 final exams monday and tuesday, and just went to a tournament last night. I was already on the fence but honestly reading some of thesoviet's posts really made me not want to go. No offense to you at all, notra. I don't even really know you. I'm still going to try and come for singles, but it isnt very high priority any more.

also needs moar melee haha

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Its all a bunch of johns, notra, dont worry about it. soviet and boyr are having a ***** fight isnt going to effect your turn out. People are going to blame thesoviet for not going to try and make it seem like he has effected there decision, which it didnt. People dont go based on a TO, they go to play and to win money.

Top Bottom