• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
haha yeah I love this thread. eitherway, it was a pretty fun tourney. We'll def host another one at some point. Hopefully more people will come next time, everyone that came can vouch how much of a awesome venue it was. I love downtown tournies...food everywereeee.

Kail

Smash Lord
I don't like zerg mainly because there are only two builds from what I've been seeing. Plus the Zerg bug this past weekend really killed my rating. I'm glad they reset the ladder though.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I don't like zerg mainly because there are only two builds from what I've been seeing. Plus the Zerg bug this past weekend really killed my rating. I'm glad they reset the ladder though.
I agree and disagree... There are a couple of zerg builds, but most people tend to go Roach/Hydra..which I dont think is that great. They fixed the problem with zerg with patch 10, and they made a few other great adjustments as well. I tend to go crackling/Hydra with infester back up. its been working so far. Me and my team mate have won 8 games and lost 4 since we started playing on patch 10.

I do think Banelings need to get buffed because they ****ing suck though :( What is your toss build? stalkers I assume..thats what most toss players have been using.

Kail

Smash Lord
I haven't played much on patch 10. Most Zergs I've seen do mass roach still or muta/lings. I think banelings are very situational. They are really amazing against Terrian especially against supply depots and bunkers. My build varies depending on the match up and what I scout out from their base. I've done a lot of theory crafting but not much testing. Especially since the Immortal nerf and the void ray buff. But yes. I love stalkers but I don't mass them like some do.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I haven't played much on patch 10. Most Zergs I've seen do mass roach still or muta/lings. I think banelings are very situational. They are really amazing against Terrian especially against supply depots and bunkers. My build varies depending on the match up and what I scout out from their base. I've done a lot of theory crafting but not much testing. Especially since the Immortal nerf and the void ray buff. But yes. I love stalkers but I don't mass them like some do.
Void ray are mostly for harassing IMO... I am glad they nerfed immortals a bit though, they were ****. I still dont agree with the banelings... mean just look at the math, it takes 9 banelings to kill a depot. thats 1000 in economy to destroy a 100 econ building...doesnt make much sense. I mean yea its ok for breaking a terran wall but still.

Kail

Smash Lord
The buff to rays makes them a viable mass unit now. You have to think though, it's not just the banelings. You're suppose to swarm in after that and kill the SCVs. It opens up a lot of options instead of just sitting there. Sure you lose more up front but many terrians tech a lot because they think they are safe so you are likely to get a lot of free kills and more then likely destroy their econ.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
The buff to rays makes them a viable mass unit now. You have to think though, it's not just the banelings. You're suppose to swarm in after that and kill the SCVs. It opens up a lot of options instead of just sitting there. Sure you lose more up front but many terrians tech a lot because they think they are safe so you are likely to get a lot of free kills and more then likely destroy their econ.
I see what your saying about banelings, thats what I use them for, I just think that they should either cost a bit less or do a tiny bit more damage.
As for void rays...everytime someone has tried that on my team in 2v2, they get psi stormed and wrecked...

Kail

Smash Lord
If they are getting stormed they are doing it wrong. With the speed to voids they should be able to out maneuver the storms and do some heavy damage.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
If they are getting stormed they are doing it wrong. With the speed to voids they should be able to out maneuver the storms and do some heavy damage.
eh, i dunno, I just havent seen voidray in mass work, same with carriers. I would love to see it though, I hate when there is only 1 strat that works for a class...

Oh, do you hate marine marauder as much as I do BTW? lol

Kail

Smash Lord
No actually. My terrian game is better then any other match up for me since I play them the most. Sentries+Stalkers+1 colossus = gg bad guys.

Kail

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Colossus out ranges infesting even with the range buff. That and they scare the **** out of me so I focus them down before anything else.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Colossus out ranges infesting even with the range buff. That and they scare the **** out of me so I focus them down before anything else.
Umm..infestors range is 9, thats the same as a colossus WITH the range upgrade. So in actuality, infestors outrage colossus, and are even when upgraded. its smart to kill them first, good job :)

Velynn

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to my life when all the brawl n00bs started posting

OH YEA I WENT THERE.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
So you can go to AA to melee, but not to GR.... How interesting.
I can explain! xD Since I was coming back from Ohio, I had to spend the night in AA. So Gio housed me and we played some games. I'd definitely be down to play some melee though, sometime. Just let me knoooooow

lain

Smash Master
So.... wtf happened in Ohio.... lol.

Also, smashfest sometime? There's a tourney this weekend in OH sooooo let's try and go.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
So.... wtf happened in Ohio.... lol.

Also, smashfest sometime? There's a tourney this weekend in OH sooooo let's try and go.
In winners Anther lost to AZ. (They played in 2nd round of brackets) Even though he beat him in pools. Judge lost to Kel in MK dittos and I lost to Infern. Then in loser's MI eliminated themselves. Anther beat me. Judge beat Anther. Then Judge lost to Shugo. And Thus ended Michigan. v__v

Anther and I won doubles though! :3

We 2-0'd M2k and Jiffy

and won 3-2 against BR and scribbs in both winners finals and grand finals.

n_n/

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Nice stuff winning doubles. :)

*sighs* I'm getting frustrated again. How does one get better when he has no one to train with. No wifi either. I feel like its pointless for me to keep entering tournaments like this. I am no where near as good as I used to be. :( And I tried using Falco but I froze up with him this tournament and wasn't able to do ANYTHING. Was forced to default to Snake and got wrecked because I hadn't played him in ages. This sucks.

Suggestions?

Dopey

Smash Lord
i got a wii an been playin every day...who the fux wanna come play wit me out here?

now that im finally just about outta debt from my court n liscense after 2 years, i want back in!

MICHIGAN IS BACK!

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Ambient, start coming to smashfests, you will get better :)

Although you better take advantage of them, because very soon, they may cease to exist. Unless my room mate holds them. Starcraft is a better game and requires alot more skill and IMO way more fun. It wil be replacing brawl for me when the the game comes out in June. My time brawling will be cut down a ton (almost completely). I know I said that about AvP, but the online gaming for that is still really buggy, so I havent gotten to enjoy it as much. Starcraft is already amazing and its the Beta.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Ambient, start coming to smashfests, you will get better :)

Although you better take advantage of them, because very soon, they may cease to exist. Unless my room mate holds them. Starcraft is a better game and requires alot more skill and IMO way more fun. It wil be replacing brawl for me when the the game comes out in June. My time brawling will be cut down a ton (almost completely). I know I said that about AvP, but the online gaming for that is still really buggy, so I havent gotten to enjoy it as much. Starcraft is already amazing and its the Beta.
I was going to ask if I should pre order it or not, but I think I already know what you'll say. I was an addict to the first one... I might replace smash with sc too this summer. I gotta try it and see

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think I'm gonna go on hiatus for Smash. Too much time and money, so I might as well end on a decent note until I get more time and more money.

Top Bottom