• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
ITT an entire community, dead now.
Someone needs to take my place a the glue that was holding the MI Brawl scene together. My life has gotten too difficult to handle the job anymore. I really wish I could, but I can't, so somebody in a central location should step it up and become the new HQ for MI Brawl.

Notra

Smash Ace
Someone needs to take my place a the glue that was holding the MI Brawl scene together. My life has gotten too difficult to handle the job anymore. I really wish I could, but I can't, so somebody in a central location should step it up and become the new HQ for MI Brawl.
Usually get ignored on sb for my smash fests. But I can have them like nearly everyweek. It's just that I live in Plymouth. I can give rides. Unless u live out of aa. It's on the aa Plymouth border do it's only a10-15 min drive from downtown.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
SauceBoss, it might be different at UofM, but in order to get my wifi working at GVSU, what I had to do was register the MAC address of my wii lan adapter with the tech desk. Otherwise the college internet blocks the ports the wii uses....

IrisKong

Smash Lord
The problem is that everyone is so spread out, and the few people that can host smashfests seem to be the most out of the way. I would be more than willing to host weekly get togethers but people have to be willing to come out to my place first. Lain and I think my place would be perfect so long as people got off there butts and came over. I dunno though...

BTW panda you rock for being responsible. (And Luna is not shady :-p )

Sliq

Smash Master
I can play pretty much everday after 5:30, except I'm in Benton Harbor...

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I can play pretty much everday after 5:30, except I'm in Benton Harbor...
Exactly, your far away from everyone and not willing to drive (not saying you should, its a long ride for a smashfest...) Its a problem that michigan smash has.

What's The Point

Smash Master
AA people have no cars because they are freshmen. The other big group is Royal Oak/Sterling Heights area, and as far as I can tell they just stick to that area.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
me, jcav, and dogma would come out more, but driving an hour+ for a small smashfest isn't something we can really do. (considering we're all seniors)
You're supposed to be able to do it because you're seniors. Enjoy what little responsibilities you have while they last, because they won't for very long. And no johns, I'm in medical school and I still do it from time to time.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You're supposed to be able to do it because you're seniors. Enjoy what little responsibilities you have while they last, because they won't for very long. And no johns, I'm in medical school and I still do it from time to time.
This.

Seriously, once you've got your college applications in you don't have to do jack **** your senior year.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Lol college apps. I remember that. Everyone was all stressing out and applying to like 20 places. I applied to 1 and got in :D

lain

Smash Master
Guys, we seriously need to step our scene up. We literally have nearly NO scene for either game now, and it's getting pathetic.

Iris' house (or maybe someone in AA) could work. I need all you relatively new comers and people who never participate to PLAY. SMASH.

Seriously, let's try and revive our scene.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I don't think it's THAT bad. I mean we just had a tournament with like what 40 people? There are plenty of people to play we are all just spread out. I'm willing to go wherever to play, but I need to hitch a ride because I don't have a car anymore. We just need to figure out the most convenient place to host smashfests.

It's not that the scene is dead, it's just unorganized right now.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Dude, everyone go to notras house for smash........its less than a ten minute drive from campus.......and im sure he and dingdong can pick up the ppl here =D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey Sauce Boss, thanks for the games. It's given me a lot of insight into how to approach the Diddy matchup. I hope I helped you out with... stuff, too.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
No problem those were some good games. Your sheik/zelda is really good. I mostly figured out that my metaknight still sucks lol. We definitely have to play more sometime.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I'd love to come to more smashfests and stuff, but since I live on the west side of the state, and have no car, I think atm I can only keep coming to tournies. =[

What's The Point

Smash Master
Notra is in the best place for a smashfest, Plymouth. 20 minutes from AA, 30-60 minutes from Royal Oak to Sterling Heights.

Iris' is good, but the wrong way for Royal Oak, so it's an hour min for them.

The new people don't have cars, and the old people don't go much anymore.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Notra, PM me your number and address. After my exam Thursday, I'll call up some people to organize a smashfest at your place on Friday, assuming you're cool with that (and people can sleep over/shower and stuff).

Posting about smashfests on SWF doesn't work at all. All the smashfests I held were via phone/text/AIM invites because nobody would respond otherwise. Of course, I also stopped posting about them because they eventually got too popular and there were too many people for my tiny apartment at the time >_<

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Notra, PM me your number and address. After my exam Thursday, I'll call up some people to organize a smashfest at your place on Friday, assuming you're cool with that (and people can sleep over/shower and stuff).

Posting about smashfests on SWF doesn't work at all. All the smashfests I held were via phone/text/AIM invites because nobody would respond otherwise. Of course, I also stopped posting about them because they eventually got too popular and there were too many people for my tiny apartment at the time >_<
if people can stay the night, i most likely will be there. i dont have a problem getting out there. its just trying to get people to take me home in the same day is my problem. they wont mind if im out there for a day and come get me the next day so as long as its like that i will be there to show mario manlyness

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I have this Thursday off. If people can do stuff that day, lemme know.

It looks like I won't be able to make it to LoLiS2, sadly. I've been trying to find someone to take my shift, but it's like everyone is scheduled to work that day. -_-;

Top Bottom